Two new issues after update - Mouse pionter disappears & Crash on Stadium Preview

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
Slowburn68
Rookie

Two new issues after update - Mouse pionter disappears & Crash on Stadium Preview

Postby Slowburn68 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Just updated to the latest FF/FI Mod, and everything works/looks great, except after I exit a game to the menu, my mouse pointer disappears. I also now crash when I select the stadium preview button. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks...

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Two new issues after update - Mouse pionter disappears & Crash on Stadium Preview

Postby RevanFan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:00 pm

Slowburn68 wrote:Just updated to the latest FF/FI Mod, and everything works/looks great, except after I exit a game to the menu, my mouse pointer disappears. I also now crash when I select the stadium preview button. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks...

For your mouse issue, I suggest checking to see if your video drivers are up to date, and I also suggest either running the game in window mode or using calhoupe's scripts to make the menu run at 1920x1080.

For your crashing, which roster are you using, and which stadium are you trying to preview? Are you using the default mod roster, rogerjinx's latest roster, or some other roster? And have you double checked to make sure all of the mod files are up to date and installed correctly?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Slowburn68
Rookie

Re: Two new issues after update - Mouse pionter disappears & Crash on Stadium Preview

Postby Slowburn68 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:04 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Slowburn68 wrote:Just updated to the latest FF/FI Mod, and everything works/looks great, except after I exit a game to the menu, my mouse pointer disappears. I also now crash when I select the stadium preview button. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks...

For your mouse issue, I suggest checking to see if your video drivers are up to date, and I also suggest either running the game in window mode or using calhoupe's scripts to make the menu run at 1920x1080.

For your crashing, which roster are you using, and which stadium are you trying to preview? Are you using the default mod roster, rogerjinx's latest roster, or some other roster? And have you double checked to make sure all of the mod files are up to date and installed correctly?

I'm running the latest NVIDIA drivers, and I am using calhoupe's scripts with menu run at 1920x1080 enabled. I'm also using rogerjinx's latest roster v3.0. Soldier Field & Lambeau Field are the stadiums I tried to preview when I crashed. The only mod files I'm using is VirdeeMan's UHD Crowd Mod V2.1 ran through TexMod. I'm just wondering, was this crowed mod included in the latest FF/FI Mod release?

Thanks...

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:39 pm

Slowburn68 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Thanks...

I'm running the latest NVIDIA drivers, and I am using calhoupe's scripts with menu run at 1920x1080 enabled. I'm also using rogerjinx's latest roster v3.0. Soldier Field & Lambeau Field are the stadiums I tried to preview when I crashed. The only mod files I'm using is VirdeeMan's UHD Crowd Mod V2.1 ran through TexMod. I'm just wondering, was this crowed mod included in the latest FF/FI Mod release?

Thanks...

If you're running the latest FF Mod, the stadiums should work fine. Try loading the default roster and seeing if they still crash.
My Cowboys Journal

Slowburn68
Rookie

Postby Slowburn68 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:36 am

RevanFan wrote:
Slowburn68 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:For your mouse issue, I suggest checking to see if your video drivers are up to date, and I also suggest either running the game in window mode or using calhoupe's scripts to make the menu run at 1920x1080.

Thanks...

If you're running the latest FF Mod, the stadiums should work fine. Try loading the default roster and seeing if they still crash.

I'll give that a try.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:37 am

Slowburn68 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Slowburn68 wrote:

Thanks...

I'll give that a try.

also if you have a laptop try installing the new synaptics mouse/trackpad drivers for windows 10/8 its about 125mb download from synaptics but may solve the problem as well....i noticed my gaming mouse moves smoother after installing synaptics OEM driver...
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:39 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
Slowburn68 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:If you're running the latest FF Mod, the stadiums should work fine. Try loading the default roster and seeing if they still crash.

I'll give that a try.

also if you have a laptop try installing the new synaptics mouse/trackpad drivers for windows 10/8 its about 125mb download from synaptics but may solve the problem as well....i noticed my gaming mouse moves smoother after installing synaptics OEM driver...

Yeah, it's always a good idea to try a wired (or wireless) mouse if you're using a laptop.
My Cowboys Journal

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:46 pm

I have always used a controller...Logitech is my choice..
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Slowburn68
Rookie

Postby Slowburn68 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:10 pm

UPDATE: Fixed the disappearing mouse pointer - Had to change the games resolution in settings to match Calhoupe's 1920X1080 Menu option. I'm still working on the stadium preview crash, I see rogerjinx has updated stadium DAT's out there so I may update a couple and see if that fixes it.

Thanks...

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:31 pm

If you're using the "Extend Replay" script during these crashes, then you need to disable that script. It doesn't work in preview mode.

Return to “Troubleshooting”