Offseason freeze\ crash while trying to advance through custom franchise

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
Acee2105
Veteran

Postby Acee2105 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:35 pm

madden offseason freeze.png
madden offseason freeze.png (499.06 KiB) Viewed 1692 times

Madden is freezing and crashing while trying to advance through offseason during my custom franchise. I am using FF/FI XVIII; and I think that FF '17 is the problem. It's my first time using it and I believe it could be causing my franchise to freeze/ crash for the first time. Also I tried to advance to the next season, and I can't advane to the next season either. I am using the latest football freaks mod, the '17 version. Can someone help me? Any help and/ or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I downloaded the newest files from this website for FF/FI XVIII, which I have, to no avail. Please help me solve this problem. The logo is still moving, so that's a sign that the game is trying to move on, but it 's stuck in the offseason. This didn't happen with FF/FI XVI. I did a clean uninstall\install before upgrading to FF/FI XVIII. The game is still moving, it's just stuck in the offseason with nothing displaying except the logo and moving background. I just changed my laptop to 1080p display from 1280*720. I don't think that could be the problem though.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Offseason freeze while trying to advance through custom franchise

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Acee2105 wrote:Madden is freezing while trying to advance through offseason during my custom franchise. I am using FF '17; and I think that FF '17 is the problem. It's my first time using it and I believe it could be causing my franchise to freeze/ crash for the first time. Can someone help me? Any help and/ or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The mod has been tested and works fine through multiple seasons. Please read the basic troubleshooting guide, and see if any of that fixes your issue. If it doesn't, please come back with as much detail as you can possibly provide. Any mods you've installed. Any edits you've made. Anything that might possibly help us.

EDIT: Are you saying you use the FF/FI XVII mod? Please download and install the most recent mod files, not the older mods.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Acee2105
Veteran

Postby Acee2105 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:20 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Acee2105 wrote:Madden is freezing while trying to advance through offseason during my custom franchise. I am using FF '17; and I think that FF '17 is the problem. It's my first time using it and I believe it could be causing my franchise to freeze/ crash for the first time. Can someone help me? Any help and/ or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The mod has been tested and works fine through multiple seasons. Please read the basic troubleshooting guide, and see if any of that fixes your issue. If it doesn't, please come back with as much detail as you can possibly provide. Any mods you've installed. Any edits you've made. Anything that might possibly help us.

EDIT: Are you saying you use the FF/FI XVII mod? Please download and install the most recent mod files, not the older mods.

No, I use FF\FI XVIII. The game still has a moving background and logo, but it's frozen. A .GIF would help more immensely.

Edit: Ok, I checked, and there are no draft picks, and no free agents, no retired players, and etc. So the problem is more specific than I thought. I am using the latest FF/FI mod. The one that you, Revanfan, updated to 2017.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Acee2105 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

No, I use FF\FI XVIII. The game still has a moving background and logo, but it's frozen. A .GIF would help more immensely.

Edit: Ok, I checked, and there are no draft picks, and no free agents, no retired players, and etc. So the problem is more specific than I thought. I am using the latest FF/FI mod. The one after '16, so I guess it would be '17.

You shouldn't be using any numbered FF Mod, is what I'm saying. The latest files are the five packages, titled CORE FILES, PRIMARY GRAPHICS, SECONDARY GRAPHICS, GAMEPLAY FILES, and PROGRAM FILES. Those are what you need to be using. They'll also be continuously updated. There's no mod number anymore.

If you're having the issues you describe, the mod is not the cause. That kind of issue occurs because of a few reasons. The one I'd check first is, if you have a save prior to going to the offseason, make sure there's fewer than 450 free agents. Make sure you run your franchise through the entire basic checklist for troubleshooting.

Honestly, if the basic checklist doesn't fix it, I'd suggest just installing the latest FF/FI Mod files, from those five packages I mentioned, and just starting over. Are you absolutely sure you made no edits in an editor to the franchise?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mas1978
Rookie

Re: Offseason freeze\ crash while trying to advance through custom franchise

Postby mas1978 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:48 am

Hi you all, i have the same problem, i finished my 2nd season, and i saved before the all star game, than i go on, sign coaches, i do something new on my stadium, i go to retired players,, then i re-sign my free agents and then the game closes, crashes.I' ve already eliminated many free agents till number 449, but the game continues to freeze, sorry but as a fan of this site this is the first time i have all these problems with the game.
One thing, i use the Falcons, but i had to choose the Cowboys stadium as my home stadium because with the real falcons stadium it crashed in the 1st match of the first season.... i've installed everything correctly.
waiting for your help, thank you

ntinos2
Rookie

Postby ntinos2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Same problem here
Start to happening after I update FF/FI (9/17 files)

gersidi76
Rookie

Postby gersidi76 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Got this exact same problem now too.

End of year 4 in franchise, just won the superbowl, same mod, I do my owner offseason stuff and advance... When it gets to retired players the list isn't populated, try to advance to rosters, and bam! The UI disappears except for the background which still moves around the screen infinitely (but doesn't progress). Now I shutdown and then reload franchise, repeat the steps, and no matter what part of the offseason schedule I skip directly to, the tables are empty, and advancing results in the swirling background with no way to quit out/advance, etc.

The only thing that works is going directly from offseason tasks to start new season. However, when I do that I can't do training camp properly (the xbox controller buttons no longer work, nor does keyboard). If I skip training camp, it goes to the select preseason opponents list. I choose 4. I hit play game and then - instead of taking me to the preseason, it takes me back to the superbowl from the previous season, which has already been played and simmed, it says 'you must be in current or future week..'. There is no option to play current games or future games, whatever, just shows results from season I just completed...

I've tried everything from the troubleshoot list, no avail.

PS: I haven't used any editors.

Return to “Troubleshooting”