"There was an error renaming the user profile"

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
snakewilks
Rookie

Postby snakewilks » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:05 am

Hey guys, quick question. Searched all over google for this and all I could find was one tiny mention of this problem on a german gamespot board, but no solution.

Just got Madden 08, fresh first time install, Win 7, started the game and I'm asked to name my profile and select my favorite team. I did so, and it gave me a popup that says "there was an error renaming the user profile." Since it mentioned profiles, I closed the game and ran it again using Run As Administrator, but no luck. I can't go any further than this, there's no way to skip profile creation or back out from this the first time you start the game. Can't play the game at all, completely clueless as to what to do here. Any ideas?
JUST WIN BABY

Sponsor

Sponsor

radbot
Rookie

Re: "There was an error renaming the user profile"

Postby radbot » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 pm

I just got the game and I get this issue as well. Windows 7, fresh install. I've tried reinstalling and everything and can never get this to work right. If you ever got the solution let me know, otherwise I have no idea what to do to get past this.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Have you tried restarting the computer? I know I've never had to do that, but I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

Redcup
Rookie

Postby Redcup » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 am

It's your anti-virus stopping the game from creating/re-naming a file. I figured it out after about 3 hours of looking.

Zstreat
Rookie

Postby Zstreat » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:57 pm

I’m having the same problem. I’ve restarted my computer and checked my antivirus and whitelisted the programs but I’m still getting that error message.

Return to “Troubleshooting”