Mouse very glitchy after mandatory Windows update

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Postby AlexB9598W » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:19 pm

Hadn't played the 08 in a while, so installed some new files for Rogerjinx's new 17 roster (which is amazing, btw). However, this was the first time I opened the game since an update that got sprung on me last week. Nothing looked out of the ordinary, aside from my mouse being very unresponsive in game unless I moved it very slowly, like at a snail's pace. Otherwise the pointer icon would move back and forth wildly while the background stopped responding, and once I stopped moving the mouse the pointer would be in the same place.

Any thoughts on what causes that? Because that's going to be very annoying when attempting to navigate menus in game.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Mouse very glitchy after mandatory Windows update

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:20 am

AlexB9598W wrote:Hadn't played the 08 in a while, so installed some new files for Rogerjinx's new 17 roster (which is amazing, btw). However, this was the first time I opened the game since an update that got sprung on me last week. Nothing looked out of the ordinary, aside from my mouse being very unresponsive in game unless I moved it very slowly, like at a snail's pace. Otherwise the pointer icon would move back and forth wildly while the background stopped responding, and once I stopped moving the mouse the pointer would be in the same place.

Any thoughts on what causes that? Because that's going to be very annoying when attempting to navigate menus in game.

you have 3 options neo.....choose your pill wisely....ok ok enough matrix themes...hahaha

1. restore your computer using system restore via control panel.....to an earlier point where the update was not applied (this should not affect your fra/rost or saved replays but only uninstall the unwanted update...

2. You can use the tab button on the keyboard when you are in the game menus or start screen of madden and it will toggle (love that word) the options with a pointer.....

3. you may need to reinstall a .net framework or direct X file (see my guide links for these).....

now which pill will you choose? Remember neo the fate of Madden08 is in your hands! :mrgreen:
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

truetothegame13
MVP

Re: Mouse very glitchy after mandatory Windows update

Postby truetothegame13 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:32 am

if it is a wireless mouse, try replacing the batteries.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Return to “Troubleshooting”