Madden W10 problem

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
turboreattore
Veteran

Madden W10 problem

Postby turboreattore » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi guys i played this game since 2007 thanks also to all your update.
This year the game doesn't start, I thought it was for Windows 10 but last year the game started and i've already installed W10.
The error message is attached at this message.
Obviously I have a 3d hardware accelerator on my Asus graphic card, so clearly there's something wrong with all the update of Windows 10.
Anybody can help me?
Attachments
Cattura.JPG
Cattura.JPG (145.82 KiB) Viewed 2306 times

Madden W10 problem

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden W10 problem

Postby JSamuel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:33 am

Try this:

1. Right click on the Madden NFL 08 shortcut on your desktop, and select Properties.
    2. Select the Shortcut tab at the top of the properties window, and then click the Open File Location button.
    3. Right click Madden08 and select properties.
    4. Select the Compatability tab at the top of the properties window, and then click Run Compatibility Troubleshooter.
    5. Wait for the green loading bar to finish, and then choose Try recommended settings.
    6. Click Test the program... and see if you are still encountering the issue.
    7. If the issue is solved, exit Madden and click Next, then choose Yes, save these setting for this program.
    8. If the issue in not solved, select No, try again using different settings, and select all the items in the list that apply.
    9. Then click Next, and follow the onscreen instructions.

Tell me if that works.

bobsright
Rookie

Postby bobsright » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:49 pm

I get the exact same error message. I've done the compatibility thing with no luck. The problem just started with the latest update. I'm with the insider program and this is a pre release build. I've rolled it back once and that solved the prob, but you can only hold off the updates a week so now I'm back to the 3D hardware accelerator error. Direct X is current as is my drivers for my Radeon Graphics cards running in Crossfire. Anybody else with this issue? Yes I could roll back again and leave the insider prog. but I'd really like to make this work. Later full releases may doom Madden PC.

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:24 pm

bobsright wrote:I get the exact same error message. I've done the compatibility thing with no luck. The problem just started with the latest update. I'm with the insider program and this is a pre release build. I've rolled it back once and that solved the prob, but you can only hold off the updates a week so now I'm back to the 3D hardware accelerator error. Direct X is current as is my drivers for my Radeon Graphics cards running in Crossfire. Anybody else with this issue? Yes I could roll back again and leave the insider prog. but I'd really like to make this work. Later full releases may doom Madden PC.

Have you tried reloading the DirectX that comes on the Madden CD?

bobsright
Rookie

Postby bobsright » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Yes and even re-installing the game.

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:02 pm

bobsright wrote:Yes and even re-installing the game.

The last thing to do is the re-install video driver!

bobsright
Rookie

Postby bobsright » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:58 pm

If you'll note in my original post my drivers are current. Thanks for your input. I was hoping someone else had this same issue and was on the W10 insider program.

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:59 pm

bobsright wrote:If you'll note in my original post my drivers are current. Thanks for your input. I was hoping someone else had this same issue and was on the W10 insider program.

That's not a Window 10 issue. It's a Madden issue telling you the game does not detect your direct X drivers! I had that issue with XP, Vista and 7 when my video drivers were updated. If you are familiar, run the Direct-X Diagnostic Tool on your PC. Make sure features match my pic!

You're welcome!
Attachments
DXdiag.jpg
DXdiag.jpg (15.63 KiB) Viewed 2238 times

bobsright
Rookie

Postby bobsright » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:02 pm

Already did that and Direct3D Acceleration is enabled

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:02 pm

bobsright wrote:Already did that and Direct3D Acceleration is enabled

Well, again... Madden doesn't see it as enabled...Did you install DX using the web installer, windows directory or the installer from the CD last?

Odd, I have Madden currently on Windows 8.1 64bit and Windows 10 32bit. Both work without hitch!

I use an external 7.1 usb sound card. Initally I instlled the drivers from the cd, all worked well! With windows updating the drivers to the latest for the sound card, I lost sub-woofer/center speaker usage. I then went to creative's website and downloaded the driver for windows 7 and installed it, no more problems with the sub/center usage. Windows wants me to update the driver, but I set windows to never update that driver.

Return to “Troubleshooting”