Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 04-2020

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Re: Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 10-2017

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:00 am

jpini136 wrote:The DWS software didn't work for my win10 desktop, it works on my low powered Win8 laptop, but it's just too stutter-y for my taste.
What is stuttering? The Madden08 program? I found that if I run M08 through calhoupe's scripts gui, the stuttering goes away. I haven't installed the DWS program yet, and that was to prevent the updates from MS.
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Re: Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 10-2017

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:08 pm

JPMoneyman wrote:Hey so,

Anyone know a fix outside of Calhoupe's madden scripts? I just can't get Madden scripts to run on my computer. Keep getting a launch error message : failure assigning a temporary name.
Don't know why it's doing that. I had some help from Calhoupe (in the appropriate thread) but I wasn't able to have any success.
So I was wondering if anyone else had come up with an alternative fix or is Calhoupe's work the only thing that people are looking to as a fix?
Just curious is all.

I don't know a whole lot about the requirements for the scripts to make them work, but do you have all the .net frameworks necessary for other editors in Madden? It could be that the scripts need the same thing.

JPMoneyman
All-Pro

Postby JPMoneyman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:51 pm

NickyJ wrote:
JPMoneyman wrote:Hey so,

Anyone know a fix outside of Calhoupe's madden scripts? I just can't get Madden scripts to run on my computer. Keep getting a launch error message : failure assigning a temporary name.
Don't know why it's doing that. I had some help from Calhoupe (in the appropriate thread) but I wasn't able to have any success.
So I was wondering if anyone else had come up with an alternative fix or is Calhoupe's work the only thing that people are looking to as a fix?
Just curious is all.

I don't know a whole lot about the requirements for the scripts to make them work, but do you have all the .net frameworks necessary for other editors in Madden? It could be that the scripts need the same thing.

I think I figured it out. Something to do with my antivirus software maybe. I downloaded the maddenscripts update but forgot to turn off the antivirus when I started it up. Somehow it's removing something and when I restored the program from quarantine it wouldn't run. Deleted everything and then started it without the AV. Got it working now. Now to see if it stops the crashes! Thanks for the advice though, appreciate it.

Jax85
Rookie

Postby Jax85 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:44 am

Any chance the next official Windows 10 update fixes the bug? I don't have any knowledge on Windows updates but judging from the gap between 1703 and 1709, the next update should be 1803, right? In the meanwhile Calhoupe is a solid temporary fix but I still get more crashes than usual.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:11 am

As far as I know, Calhoupe's scripts ARE the long term solution. Microsoft locked out certain parts of Windows' memory, and I'm certain they wouldn't do that without intending for it to be permanent. Madden is a 10+ year old game, so I doubt they're concerned about our troubles.

As for the crashing, that depends on what mods, rosters, and settings you're using. Are you running any other scripts from Calhoupe's program? Certain FF Mod?

FreetheFreeman
Rookie

Postby FreetheFreeman » Sat May 12, 2018 3:02 am

Can someone upload the secdrv.sys file? Trying to download it from opendll isn't working for some reason.

Hunybadger
Rookie

Postby Hunybadger » Sat May 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Hey all, I am having some trouble getting Madden 08 to run on my Win 10 laptop. I bought a digital version of Madden 08 on Amazon and had it working on my laptop a couple years, but it seemed to be outdated and somehow i broke it. ( rosters, mods, etc.). I am currently trying to set up a brand new version of Madden 08 (same Amazon download) on my window 10 laptop, but I can't seem to figure out what my problem i.

I have checked my direct X files and they seem to be up to date version 12. (I think i may have extra files from following this guide.

I have changed the settings in for Madden to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP.

Whenever I try to run the game I get the same error message.

"This application is not compatible with the installed operating system.
Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better."

I've looked around, but I've been unable to figure out how to troubleshoot this problem. Any insight would be most appreciated!!

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:13 am

Hunybadger wrote:Hey all, I am having some trouble getting Madden 08 to run on my Win 10 laptop. I bought a digital version of Madden 08 on Amazon and had it working on my laptop a couple years, but it seemed to be outdated and somehow i broke it. ( rosters, mods, etc.). I am currently trying to set up a brand new version of Madden 08 (same Amazon download) on my window 10 laptop, but I can't seem to figure out what my problem i.

I have checked my direct X files and they seem to be up to date version 12. (I think i may have extra files from following this guide.

I have changed the settings in for Madden to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP.

Whenever I try to run the game I get the same error message.

"This application is not compatible with the installed operating system.
Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better."

I've looked around, but I've been unable to figure out how to troubleshoot this problem. Any insight would be most appreciated!!

hey man,
right click properties on the madden 08 icon and also go to program files - mainapp.exe (both separate locations) and then checkmark "run as administrator" and "run in compatibility mode -windows xp SP3" then restart your computer and run the program...it should work after that....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Hunybadger
Rookie

Postby Hunybadger » Sun May 13, 2018 2:32 pm

hey man,
right click properties on the madden 08 icon and also go to program files - mainapp.exe (both separate locations) and then checkmark "run as administrator" and "run in compatibility mode -windows xp SP3" then restart your computer and run the program...it should work after that....

Thanks for the reply. I have already changed the properties to run with Windows XP SP3.
mainapp.PNG
mainapp.PNG (40.66 KiB) Viewed 8525 times

I am little confused when mention the madden 08 icon. I have attached a picture to help clarify. The icon file doesn't have a compatibility tab and the other two files have already been changed to with windows xp SP3.
icon confuion.PNG
icon confuion.PNG (40.81 KiB) Viewed 8525 times

I recently updated to the most current version of Windows 10, and now am receiving a new error that asks me to reinstall the game.

start error.PNG
start error.PNG (2.77 KiB) Viewed 8525 times

Thanks for taking the time to help me out! would a PM be easier for you to communicate?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:30 am

Hunybadger wrote:
hey man,

Thanks for the reply. I have already changed the properties to run with Windows XP SP3.
mainapp.PNG

I am little confused when mention the madden 08 icon. I have attached a picture to help clarify. The icon file doesn't have a compatibility tab and the other two files have already been changed to with windows xp SP3.
icon confuion.PNG

I recently updated to the most current version of Windows 10, and now am receiving a new error that asks me to reinstall the game.

start error.PNG

Thanks for taking the time to help me out! would a PM be easier for you to communicate?

Click the madden08 and mainapp.exe (both application file types) and make sure to checkmark "run as administrator" and "compatibility mode - windows xp sp3" you mentioned you already have the XP sp3 compat mode checked but just check "run as administrator" on both mainapp.exe and madden08.exe

the icon i was referring to was the desktop icon if you had one.....with Madden 2008......if not then just ignore this step...the most important is to have the mainapp.exe and madden08.exe files (located in program files > madden 08) with both options checked....then restart your computer DO NOT RUN THEM until you RESTART!!!!! :D hope this helps.....

if all else fails you may have to uninstall, and then clean reinstall (not run the game yet) checkmark the boxes mentioned above, restart computer, then click madden 2008 to run it.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “Troubleshooting”