Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 04-2020

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 10-2017

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:06 am

cdcool wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:UPDATE! I NEED SOME VOLUNTEERS WITH WINDOWS 10 CREATORS UPDATE FALL EDITION OR ANYONE HAVING FREQUENT CRASHES ON W10 (ANY EDITION)....I MAY HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION BUT NEED TO TEST IT ON OTHER'S COMPUTERS TO BE SURE...WILL POST IT ON THE FORUM IF IT WORKS...ANY VOLUNTEERS? PLEASE PM ME! -u77
p

I will do it tonight!!!

Awesome man thanks for volunteering....check your inbox for it :D If it works I will post it as a solution once I can get some others to confirm it works on w10 creators update/newer builds....it should also work for older builds in case anyone is interested as well...I've tested it on older W10 builds based on july 2017/august 2017 windows 10 builds...and it works...
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Re: Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 10-2017

Sponsor

Sponsor

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
cdcool wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:UPDATE! I NEED SOME VOLUNTEERS WITH WINDOWS 10 CREATORS UPDATE FALL EDITION OR ANYONE HAVING FREQUENT CRASHES ON W10 (ANY EDITION)....I MAY HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION BUT NEED TO TEST IT ON OTHER'S COMPUTERS TO BE SURE...WILL POST IT ON THE FORUM IF IT WORKS...ANY VOLUNTEERS? PLEASE PM ME! -u77
p

I will do it tonight!!!

Awesome man thanks for volunteering....check your inbox for it :D If it works I will post it as a solution once I can get some others to confirm it works on w10 creators update/newer builds....it should also work for older builds in case anyone is interested as well...I've tested it on older W10 builds based on july 2017/august 2017 windows 10 builds...and it works...

COOL!!

unfriendlyghst
Rookie

Postby unfriendlyghst » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Hey guys

I am having the same issue. I was posting back and forth with Revfan in another thread and he said that he had never heard of this issue. But I am glad that others here are seeing it also. Windows 10 version crashes after penalty.

I literally RESET my entire CPU, and had only Madden 08 installed, nothing else, still crashes.

If you have a solution, please send it to me in a private message. I have about 5 games now on my hard drive and that's it. No mods, no nothing. I would love to help test any possible solutions as I just want to run the base vanilla game for superstar mode.

Thanks

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:43 pm

unfriendlyghst wrote:Hey guys

I am having the same issue. I was posting back and forth with Revfan in another thread and he said that he had never heard of this issue. But I am glad that others here are seeing it also. Windows 10 version crashes after penalty.

I literally RESET my entire CPU, and had only Madden 08 installed, nothing else, still crashes.

If you have a solution, please send it to me in a private message. I have about 5 games now on my hard drive and that's it. No mods, no nothing. I would love to help test any possible solutions as I just want to run the base vanilla game for superstar mode.

Thanks

I almost went crazy too, 77 caught me just in time.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:08 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
cdcool wrote:
p

I will do it tonight!!!

Did not work for me, still crashing, I'm reverting back to the previous Windows 10 update.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:39 am

If you updated to 1709, I have the fix, it's Windows 8.1

tomkatt
All-Pro

Postby tomkatt » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:10 pm

cdcool wrote:If you updated to 1709, I have the fix, it's Windows 8.1

Same. Haven't had a single crash since reinstalling Windows 8.1 on my rig. I don't mind, since it's a HTPC/Gaming Appliance (console) kind of setup for couch gaming. Doesn't have any need for the latest OS to run.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:22 pm

tomkatt wrote:
cdcool wrote:If you updated to 1709, I have the fix, it's Windows 8.1

Same. Haven't had a single crash since reinstalling Windows 8.1 on my rig. I don't mind, since it's a HTPC/Gaming Appliance (console) kind of setup for couch gaming. Doesn't have any need for the latest OS to run.
fix

Yep! that's the only fix, other than running two operating systems in a virtual, will not work in Windows 10 1709 and 1703 is no longer available.
8.1 with the Classic Shell, if you want a start menu like Windows 10, that's all you need for Madden 2008 PC.
It's amazing the game still works after all these years :lol: EA poured a lot of money into Madden 2008 PC.
Madden needs its own computer anyway, it's too time-consuming to do anything else on that rig :lol:

tomkatt
All-Pro

Postby tomkatt » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:33 pm

cdcool wrote:Madden needs its own computer anyway, it's too time-consuming to do anything else on that rig :lol:

Jeez this is the truth. I had to take a break from Madden, it was becoming all consuming... only to turn around and start playing The Golf Club nearly every night....

Dunno what it is with me and these sports games. I remember at one point hating golf and football when I was a kid, and now I watch the Eagles play faithfully every week, play Madden, and I won't seek it out but if golf is on TV better believe I won't change the channel. Weird how that works.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:10 pm

tomkatt wrote:
cdcool wrote:Madden needs its own computer anyway, it's too time-consuming to do anything else on that rig :lol:

Jeez this is the truth. I had to take a break from Madden, it was becoming all consuming... only to turn around and start playing The Golf Club nearly every night....

Dunno what it is with me and these sports games. I remember at one point hating golf and football when I was a kid, and now I watch the Eagles play faithfully every week, play Madden, and I won't seek it out but if golf is on TV better believe I won't change the channel. Weird how that works.

:lol:

Return to “Troubleshooting”