Access Denied to Madden 2004

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
bquinn
MVP

Postby bquinn » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:40 pm

I've been playing Madden 2004 on the same computer for years without any problems, then one day last week when I click the PLAY button, a window pops up with "Access Denied. Please login with administrator privileges and try again."

Here are the steps I've tried so far without any success:

-Uninstalling and reinstalling the game
-Installing the game on a separate computer. I received the same error message which led me to believe my 2004 CD might be corrupt.
-Ordered and new version of 2004 and installed it. Received same error message.
-Right-clicked the Madden 2004 program to "Run as Administrator". Nothing happened.
-Disabled my UAC (User Account Control). Now when I click PLAY the window goes away but the game does not launch and I receive NO error message.

Anybody else ever experience something similar or could offer some more advice/solutions?

I'm dying to play again!

Thanks in advance!
BQuinn

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Access Denied to Madden 2004

Postby elguapo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:44 pm

try right clicking on the mainapp.exe, then select run as administrator, not the Madden04.exe.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:57 pm

Windows 10?
I'm the GM of a sim-hockey league, in which you can play as a player.
Journal and sign-up instructions here

bquinn
MVP

Postby bquinn » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:08 pm

mee wrote:Windows 10?

No, Windows 7.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:55 am

I'm the GM of a sim-hockey league, in which you can play as a player.
Journal and sign-up instructions here

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:56 am

Interesting information there, thanks for the link.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:40 pm

bquinn wrote:I've been playing Madden 2004 on the same computer for years without any problems, then one day last week when I click the PLAY button, a window pops up with "Access Denied. Please login with administrator privileges and try again."

Here are the steps I've tried so far without any success:

-Uninstalling and reinstalling the game
-Installing the game on a separate computer. I received the same error message which led me to believe my 2004 CD might be corrupt.
-Ordered and new version of 2004 and installed it. Received same error message.
-Right-clicked the Madden 2004 program to "Run as Administrator". Nothing happened.
-Disabled my UAC (User Account Control). Now when I click PLAY the window goes away but the game does not launch and I receive NO error message.

Anybody else ever experience something similar or could offer some more advice/solutions?

I'm dying to play again!
rig
Thanks in advance!
BQuinn

Hi Bquinn,
There was a similar issue to this in nba2k14, I know you right clicked run as administrator but I would suggest right clicking on the icon then go to properties, and check mark run as administrator and also compatibility mode WinXP then click apply or the OK button. If that doesn't work then I suggest the following:

Option 1: I noticed you said it was working till last week, do you install updates on W7 if so i suggest you uninstall them ( I don't use them at all as they screw up games and the pc and mess with admin rights) or the better option would be to do a system restore which will reset your computer/registry to last week where the game was working fine...

Option 2: I do not know if this may help but if madden 04 has securom/copy protection in the registry on it it may be interfering with your game's startup. On the W7 desktop hold the windows key + letter R, a run dialog box will pop up. In that box type in regedit and it will go to your registry. NOTE: before messing with the registry do a system backup/setup a restore point just to be safe. Once you in click through the tabs and search for EA sports, madden 08 or securom files/values and delete them along with uninstalling the game. Restart your computer then install madden and it should work. I've done this some times with madden 08 and other 2k games and it works for me. Let me know if you have any questions.

Option 3: If you still can't get it to work just PM me and I can point you to a mainapp fix that may work with your game.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

bquinn
MVP

Postby bquinn » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:42 pm

Thank you ultimateum77! It must have been the Windows updates. My last game was successfully played on Sept. 7 and I found about 14 Windows updates and security updates on Sept. 10. I uninstalled all those, rebooted, and the game was able to load! I'm back in business!

And thanks to all the others who took the time to offer suggestions. What a great community this is!!

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:10 am

bquinn wrote:Thank you ultimateum77! It must have been the Windows updates. My last game was successfully played on Sept. 7 and I found about 14 Windows updates and security updates on Sept. 10. I uninstalled all those, rebooted, and the game was able to load! I'm back in business!

And thanks to all the others who took the time to offer suggestions. What a great community this is!!

Not a problem man! :) I would suggest that you turn off the automatic update feature in Win7 if you don't need it b/c MS may re-download and install it again and mess up your game. Personally I don't use any MS updates and my computer works fine especially my games. Let me know if you need help with anything else.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

bquinn
MVP

Postby bquinn » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:51 pm

Yeah, sure enough it re-installed the updates so I now have them turned off. Thanks again.

Return to “Troubleshooting”