Basic Troubleshooting Checklist (Madden NFL 08)

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
truetothegame13
MVP

Re: Basic checklist for roster crashes or anomalies

Postby truetothegame13 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:19 am

krc1130 wrote:If you're telling me that I needed to open the file with Madden amp BEFORE I edited on Madden, then that is the problem. That, or I just used some random scrub to make Josh Gordon. Either way, I'll avoid doing those two things and see what outcomes I get. In case this works, thank you so much!

np. and i was going to give you this just incase your roster didnt work. it includes HQ uniforms that nick & lobbs made. includes easy instructions.

and they are miner69s 6-20 rosters. i think theyre the most updated roster on this site.
Attachments
Miner69sRostersWithHQUniforms.rar
(930.61 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Sponsor

Sponsor

krc1130
Rookie

Postby krc1130 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 am

truetothegame13 wrote:
krc1130 wrote:If you're telling me that I needed to open the file with Madden amp BEFORE I edited on Madden, then that is the problem. That, or I just used some random scrub to make Josh Gordon. Either way, I'll avoid doing those two things and see what outcomes I get. In case this works, thank you so much!

np. and i was going to give you this just incase your roster didnt work. it includes HQ uniforms that nick & lobbs made. includes easy instructions.

and they are miner69s 6-20 rosters. i think theyre the most updated roster on this site.

All right. I downloaded Madden Amp. Now, I have a mac and use a program called CrossOver in order to run basic windows functions. It works fine with NZAs editor, but when I load Madden Amp I get an error telling me that it's "not implemented." I have the option to continue to use it regardless, but would that have the same effect?

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:55 am

i dont know, other guys around here might..

id say try it and see what happens.

- edit -

ya im pretty sure just continue, from what i remember.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

dimebags420
Rookie

Postby dimebags420 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:06 pm

truetothegame13 wrote:something you could very well put on the top of your list,

- before placing in madden documents folder, right click roster file > properties > "unblock".. and then open roster and then "close" with maddenamp.

-----

- Use NZA 1.3 because it has less errors, opposed to NZA 2.0

I just noticed while configuring my many .ini files, while changing them to a read-only that they were "blocked" because they are from another pc. So I unblocked them. I don't see a difference, but I am sure there is.

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:01 am

Im moved my franchise and released alot of my players but I got all the nesscary players and auto re ordered my depth chart and once the preseason is finished it says the advance to regular season I say yes but nothing happens HELP?!

Oh wait I figured out some teams about 5-7 have no HC how do I fix this?
Patriots win SB 49 Hopefully....

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 pm

patsallday wrote:Im moved my franchise and released alot of my players but I got all the nesscary players and auto re ordered my depth chart and once the preseason is finished it says the advance to regular season I say yes but nothing happens HELP?!

-This should probably be asked in a separate topic-

I've had this issue before, and at that point usually it indicates your franchise is shot.
However, you can add coaches to a team using the NZA editor and going to coaches. You can assign a coach to any team.
Good luck
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Danchat wrote:
patsallday wrote:Im moved my franchise and released alot of my players but I got all the nesscary players and auto re ordered my depth chart and once the preseason is finished it says the advance to regular season I say yes but nothing happens HELP?!

-This should probably be asked in a separate topic-

I've had this issue before, and at that point usually it indicates your franchise is shot.
However, you can add coaches to a team using the NZA editor and going to coaches. You can assign a coach to any team.
Good luck

When I went to the NZA Madden Editor all the teams had 4 coaches HC DC STC OC.
Patriots win SB 49 Hopefully....

BigDaddyCool
All-Pro

Postby BigDaddyCool » Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

OK, here's something for you to ponder...

I'm in the off-season of my franchise and I'm at the point where the draft is coming up. I tried to play the college all-star game but every time I do the game freezes and I have to shut down Madden and try again. The only adjustments I made to the franchise were to the coaches (through the data base of course) to reflect the current coaches in the league, the 2013 draft class made by Colt, and moving some rookies from the practise squad to the free agent roster. As far as the number of free agents go there are around 600 at the moment, but it's the off season and we haven't gotten to the 2nd free agent signing yet.

My question is, is it normal for the all-star game to be quirky like this or is it a sign of trouble to come? Every other point of the off season has worked just fine so far.

UPDATE: I was able to play the game finally. I went back into my franchise and did the following:
- set management for all coaches (except for my team - Raiders) to CPU.
- Went into nza's editor and set only the Raiders to user control.
- no texmod.
- 're-boot computer.

After all of that I was finally able to play the whole game without it locking up. I was able to take a good look at some seniors in action and can now scout and draft accordingly.
BIGDADDYCOOL IS YA HOOKUP...HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!!!!

rampski
All-Pro

Postby rampski » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:17 am

I'm beginning my last step on my roster, and can't really seem to figure out how to change the salaries for each player. I have changed them and literally see no difference. It's one of the final touches I wanted to put on my roster, but haven't had the time to sit down and figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Madden PC Network Founder (Est. 2010) - http://www.maddenpcnetwork.com
MPNL Founder (now, simply a member) - http://mpn.ezleagues.net
MPN Roster Project Lead - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15109

EdgeForce141
All-Pro

Postby EdgeForce141 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:23 pm

What is the minimum number of free agents a roster should have.

Return to “Troubleshooting”