Basic Troubleshooting Checklist (Madden NFL 08)

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
trekster
Rookie

Re: Basic checklist for roster crashes or anomalies

Postby trekster » Sat May 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Any idea how to take over a CPU team in offline franchise mode? The Eagles are short players, but I don't know wheres the option to take over a CPU team, so I can sign the players they need.

I'm using MPT's Mod.

Thanks!

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat May 16, 2015 2:53 pm

trekster wrote:Any idea how to take over a CPU team in offline franchise mode? The Eagles are short players, but I don't know wheres the option to take over a CPU team, so I can sign the players they need.

I'm using MPT's Mod.

Thanks!

Offline franchise mode? I didn't think there was an online franchise mode?

If you're using Madden 08, you can use NZA's Editor v1.3 or Madden Amp to take control of CPU controlled teams. You can then fix them, and give control back to the CPU.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

trekster
Rookie

Postby trekster » Sat May 16, 2015 3:21 pm

RevanFan wrote:
trekster wrote:Any idea how to take over a CPU team in offline franchise mode? The Eagles are short players, but I don't know wheres the option to take over a CPU team, so I can sign the players they need.

I'm using MPT's Mod.

Thanks!

If you're using Madden 08, you can use NZA's Editor v1.3 or Madden Amp to take control of CPU controlled teams. You can then fix them, and give control back to the CPU.

Thanks!

trekster
Rookie

Postby trekster » Sun May 17, 2015 10:19 pm

RevanFan wrote:

I'm using MPT's Mod.

Thanks!

DId the editing with NZA Editor V 1.3, and when I want to advance to the off-season, the game crashes. Any idea what's happening?

thanks!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon May 18, 2015 1:48 am

trekster wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

I'm using MPT's Mod.

Thanks!

DId the editing with NZA Editor V 1.3, and when I want to advance to the off-season, the game crashes. Any idea what's happening?

thanks!

What exactly did you edit? Also, if you are switching control of teams, it is best to do it in Madden Amp.
My Cowboys Journal

trekster
Rookie

Postby trekster » Mon May 18, 2015 5:28 pm

[/quote]
What exactly did you edit? Also, if you are switching control of teams, it is best to do it in Madden Amp.[/quote]

I just took control over the teams that were missing players and signed the players that they needed. I also changed the user settings so the CPU can sign players, choose draft picks, including hiring coaching staff (which the teams needed). After that, the game would crash.

I'll see if I have the same issue with Madden Amp. I noticed once I take control over a team with NZA editor, I can't change it back to a CPU team.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon May 18, 2015 9:33 pm

trekster wrote:I'll see if I have the same issue with Madden Amp. I noticed once I take control over a team with NZA editor, I can't change it back to a CPU team.

You can. You know how you have to check the team's box to take control of them? Just uncheck the box to remove control. It's easier and more effective to do it in Madden Amp, though.
My Cowboys Journal

trekster
Rookie

Postby trekster » Tue May 19, 2015 11:09 am

RevanFan wrote:
trekster wrote:I'll see if I have the same issue with Madden Amp. I noticed once I take control over a team with NZA editor, I can't change it back to a CPU team.

You can. You know how you have to check the team's box to take control of them? Just uncheck the box to remove control. It's easier and more effective to do it in Madden Amp, though.

I used NZA editor, unchecked the teams that I didn't want to use and when I tried to click save, I get an "unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue." I click continue and it doesn't do anything.

I also deleted the old NZA files and just extracted the new files to the same location as the old files and I still get the same error. Perhaps, the Franchise file got corrupted?

Thanks for all your help.

trekster
Rookie

Postby trekster » Fri May 22, 2015 12:15 pm

Update: Used Madden Amp to switch from User to CPU and the game didn't crash!

Thanks!

Eddy13
Rookie

Postby Eddy13 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:25 am

My Madden 08 crashes if I select any uniform other the a default uniform. The only mods I have attached are updated stadium, player portraits, coach portraits and the latest Jinxs roster. Any ideas?

Return to “Troubleshooting”