Basic Troubleshooting Checklist (Madden NFL 08)

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Basic checklist for roster crashes or anomalies

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:46 am

patsallday wrote:I can't seem to sim the Lions-Bears game this week. I'm in year 7 of my franchise and I reordered all the depth charts and both teams had 4 coaches and all players were filled in key positions. Any help?

I had the same issue, its something wrong within madden itself, see my other reply to your post with your eagles franchise......
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

shankly
Rookie

Postby shankly » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:57 am

My Franchise crash afret going in to the offseason....i took control of all teams singed all coaches , have full rosters but stil game crashes. :| :|

hsfpc
Banned

Postby hsfpc » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:17 am

"Just call me Hank!"
Better Fields
Better Officials

lilredpanda
Rookie

Postby lilredpanda » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Okay season one. I have filled all rosters, the roster breakdown for each team is perfect. I have every single player at the correct age, stats, and contracts, and I saved a back up of my rosters in a folder just in case.

So I have control of all of the teams and I skip most of the preseason drills, during the minicamp when I check all of the rosters and teams everything is good, I auto or manual reordered each teams depth charts. BUT when I click the advance to the preseason the issues start. First it seems I am missing players that were on the teams during minicamp (example carlos hyde for the 49ers, Jeremy hill for the bengals, Alfred blue for the Texans). These players were signed and on rosters before I switched to preseason, they are all rookies which is a pattern BUT most rookies on teams rosters are not deleted. I also seem to miss a few veteran players as well I haven't gone team by team yet to get a whole list but I can if necessary.

So my teams are missing players and no team has 55 players (usually from about 49-53). when I try to simulate games it only will simulate one game and wont let me sim any more. when I try take only control of my franchises team and then log back on to play a game it will only let me play with my franchise team. this is fine except the game freezes either right after the coin toss or sometime during the first quarter, and Ctrl escape will not work. its obvious I have corrupted the game somehow because it is absolutely unplayable and has been for 9 months or so.

Should I just give up on franchise mode? I could learn how to play online which would be really fun, except I hesitate for a few reasons. One im okay good at computer stuff but im not amazing (ask me to build a computer or a chair or something and you got it, but ask me to do programming... meh). two my rosters are far more up to date and detailed than most rosters that I see on these forums, football is my thing and I have spent hours going over every roster and using my knowledge paired with the most up to date Madden player ratings to customize each players abilities. what should I do, I would really appreciate some help.

hsfpc
Banned

Postby hsfpc » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Which roster did you use to create your franchise?
"Just call me Hank!"
Better Fields
Better Officials

lilredpanda
Rookie

Postby lilredpanda » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:59 pm

I have tried with 3 different rosters but the most recent one I used and built off and edited was EASportsweek13.ros

hsfpc
Banned

Postby hsfpc » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:55 am

I auto or manual reordered each teams depth charts.

Go into the game and select your roster. For each team , auto reorder each one . Do not manual reorder any.

When I said "roster" , I meant the game roster ( <default roster> , FFXV.ros ) , not the "players rosters".
"Just call me Hank!"
Better Fields
Better Officials

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:55 pm

hsfpc wrote:
I auto or manual reordered each teams depth charts.

Go into the game and select your roster. For each team , auto reorder each one . Do not manual reorder any.

When I said "roster" , I meant the game roster ( <default roster> , FFXV.ros ) , not the "players rosters".

You can manually reorder them all you want, as long as it is AFTER you auto-reorder.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

lilredpanda
Rookie

Postby lilredpanda » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:56 pm

so I took control of all teams and auto reordered each one. not working, should I edit the entire roster that I am using for the franchise and then restart the franchise with this new roster?

hsfpc
Banned

Postby hsfpc » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:17 pm

lilredpanda wrote:so I took control of all teams and auto reordered each one. not working, should I edit the entire roster that I am using for the franchise and then restart the franchise with this new roster?

1."so I took control of all teams and auto reordered each one" . sounds like you reordered the franchise , you need to reorder the teams in your roster.

2. "should I edit (reorder) the entire roster that I am using for the franchise and then restart the franchise with this new roster?" , Yes.
"Just call me Hank!"
Better Fields
Better Officials

Return to “Troubleshooting”