Basic Troubleshooting Checklist (Madden NFL 08)

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
PML17
Hall of Fame

Re: Basic checklist for roster crashes or anomalies

Postby PML17 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:42 pm

EdgeForce141 wrote:What is the minimum number of free agents a roster should have.

I say 150. I had a PS2 roster a few years ago with that number without any problems.
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jb57
Rookie

Postby jb57 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:37 pm

thanks for the tips. fixed my crashes by auto ordering all of my rosters for each team. all good now.

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:23 pm

I can't seem to sim the Lions-Bears game this week. I'm in year 7 of my franchise and I reordered all the depth charts and both teams had 4 coaches and all players were filled in key positions. Any help?
Patriots win SB 49 Hopefully....

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:19 pm

I did a fantasy draft franchise and the games won't sim because there are 2409 free agents. I have no clue where they came from and don't know how to get rid of a lot of them. Which is about 2000? I don't want to delete it, any help?
Patriots win SB 49 Hopefully....

Krusty
Rookie

Postby Krusty » Tue May 20, 2014 10:41 am

Heyhoo...!

Firstly, thank you all for your terrific work and these incredible mods. You can`t imagine how much this community appreciates your endless work.

I downloaded a roster yesterday and since then the game always freezes after the coin toss. I looked for solutions and, thus, checked the breakdown for the required positions. However, all NFL franchises got the required number of players but there are two FA teams. The second FA team is lacking of a Punter, I guess. I do not know how to fix it. I tried to trade a punter from the FA team to the FA 2 team but the trades was always rejected since "Player x does not have a contract". Does anyone know how to fix it? Of course, it could be a different problem as well.

Update: I assume there are two issues. On one hand, for any reason the depth chart reordering cannot be changed and, on the other hand, the "Extra Free Agents 2" team got too many players. So, How can I delete this team and how can I save the depth chart reorders?

Update 2: I deleted legion of FA players in those two teams and reordered the depth charts of them but still....it freezes. Any recommendation?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu May 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Krusty wrote:Heyhoo...!

Firstly, thank you all for your terrific work and these incredible mods. You can`t imagine how much this community appreciates your endless work.

I downloaded a roster yesterday and since then the game always freezes after the coin toss. I looked for solutions and, thus, checked the breakdown for the required positions. However, all NFL franchises got the required number of players but there are two FA teams. The second FA team is lacking of a Punter, I guess. I do not know how to fix it. I tried to trade a punter from the FA team to the FA 2 team but the trades was always rejected since "Player x does not have a contract". Does anyone know how to fix it? Of course, it could be a different problem as well.

Update: I assume there are two issues. On one hand, for any reason the depth chart reordering cannot be changed and, on the other hand, the "Extra Free Agents 2" team got too many players. So, How can I delete this team and how can I save the depth chart reorders?

Update 2: I deleted legion of FA players in those two teams and reordered the depth charts of them but still....it freezes. Any recommendation?

I'm not sure if that FA team needed a punter or not, but that wouldn't cause this problem. When a crash occurs after the coin toss, that [typically] means something is wrong with one of the teams' rosters. Try re-ordering both team's' depth charts, making sure their substitutions aren't corrupted, don't have 56 or more players, and every player has a contract. I think you'll find it if you look hard enough.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Danchat wrote:

I'm not sure if that FA team needed a punter or not, but that wouldn't cause this problem. When a crash occurs after the coin toss, that [typically] means something is wrong with one of the teams' rosters. Try re-ordering both team's' depth charts, making sure their substitutions aren't corrupted, don't have 56 or more players, and every player has a contract. I think you'll find it if you look hard enough.

Is it possible to make a manual depth chart switch that will cause crashes? A certain position that, even though the game allows you to put a player there, will still cause crashes in game?
Madden 08 Greatest Historical Teams Mod Creator

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:46 pm

guamyankee wrote:
Danchat wrote:

Is it possible to make a manual depth chart switch that will cause crashes? A certain position that, even though the game allows you to put a player there, will still cause crashes in game?

Follow answer to my own question: Yes, it is possible. I had a roster problem that was crashing my game. I reviewed the roster in question and made several changes. Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly which change I made that fixed the problem...but something wasn't working and after I moved several players around...the roster stopped crashing.
Madden 08 Greatest Historical Teams Mod Creator

Bonzi17
Rookie

Postby Bonzi17 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:11 am

HI,

Thank you for all the help on the Madden MOD, I am just having difficulty with my Franchise Mode. I am able to Simulate all other Games however whenever I Simulate the Game of Team I selected It crashes.

I have Checked on the Following

1) Roster : Each Team has 55 Players (Complete in Every Position)
2) Dept Chart: Each position is filled with players
3) I have 428 Free Agents and 428 FA2 some though still has existing contracts
4) Every Player in the team i selected has a contract

Hope you could help me guys

Thank you very much!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:05 am

Bonzi17 wrote:HI,

Thank you for all the help on the Madden MOD, I am just having difficulty with my Franchise Mode. I am able to Simulate all other Games however whenever I Simulate the Game of Team I selected It crashes.

I have Checked on the Following

1) Roster : Each Team has 55 Players (Complete in Every Position)
2) Dept Chart: Each position is filled with players
3) I have 428 Free Agents and 428 FA2 some though still has existing contracts
4) Every Player in the team i selected has a contract

Hope you could help me guys

Thank you very much!

Did you make sure the depth charts were auto-reordered?

You should not have an FA2 team in franchise, and no free agents should ever have contracts.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Troubleshooting”