Basic Troubleshooting Checklist (Madden NFL 08)

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
bluegriffon
Hall of Fame

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist (Madden NFL 08)

Postby bluegriffon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:32 pm

Here is a question that I am sure was answered before but

If you have been following the UCFL* Redux Journal and watched any of the videos posted, you might be aware that I am having sound quality issues. I am using the built in Game DVR of windows 10 to record the games. Framerate is set at 30 FPS and the audio is set at 128Kbps (the recommended). I always check the videos before uploading and sometimes there are no issues, sometimes there are (i usually chalk that up to my computer being busy during the play back, but i could be wrong). However, when the vids are uploaded to youtube, almost all (95%) of them have choppy audio and some times stuttering video.

So I was wondering what the rest of you use when you up load videos. Any help would be appreciated

Sponsor

Sponsor

Baldyshugga
Rookie

Postby Baldyshugga » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:37 pm

I'm having issues with my game now. I just upgraded to the latest mods for the 2019 season. Now when I try to start the game with Calhoupe's script I can't get past the create profile screen after first hitting Start. And if I just use the mainapp.exe without the script it starts and I can play, but it won't save. It just says it's encountered an error. Any ideas?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:57 am

Baldyshugga wrote:I'm having issues with my game now. I just upgraded to the latest mods for the 2019 season. Now when I try to start the game with Calhoupe's script I can't get past the create profile screen after first hitting Start. And if I just use the mainapp.exe without the script it starts and I can play, but it won't save. It just says it's encountered an error. Any ideas?

It could be the recent windows 10 update to the .net framework packages for 3.5-4.8 via windows update. Try rolling back the update or system restore if it works. Then most likely it was the update. If not the other option is to reinstall direct X and .net frameworks to possibly fix the issue. If this does not work then I am out of solutions. Best of luck! -U77
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Baldyshugga
Rookie

Postby Baldyshugga » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:55 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
Baldyshugga wrote:I'm having issues with my game now. I just upgraded to the latest mods for the 2019 season. Now when I try to start the game with Calhoupe's script I can't get past the create profile screen after first hitting Start. And if I just use the mainapp.exe without the script it starts and I can play, but it won't save. It just says it's encountered an error. Any ideas?

It could be the recent windows 10 update to the .net framework packages for 3.5-4.8 via windows update. Try rolling back the update or system restore if it works. Then most likely it was the update. If not the other option is to reinstall direct X and .net frameworks to possibly fix the issue. If this does not work then I am out of solutions. Best of luck! -U77

It quite possibly be due to the update. I'll try your suggestions and get back to you with results. It may help someone else. Thank you for the reply.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:35 pm

Baldyshugga wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

It quite possibly be due to the update. I'll try your suggestions and get back to you with results. It may help someone else. Thank you for the reply.

Alternatively, you could try removing and re-downloading the scripts. That would be an easier first step than a restore, though a restore could definitely be helpful if that doesn't work. Also, you may want to try running the scripts as administrator if you aren't already. I don't know if that will help, but sometimes that can be a weird Windows "miracle fix."
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:18 am

@ Baldyshugga no problem man,

@ RevanFan, surprisingly that works as well with the admin rights haha. W10 is weird for sure....but at least it still runs madden08 :lol:
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

mpantani
Rookie

Postby mpantani » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Game crashes during hurdles when watching CPU vs CPU but only with certain teams.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:56 pm

mpantani wrote:Game crashes during hurdles when watching CPU vs CPU but only with certain teams.

Did you follow this checklist?
My Cowboys Journal

mpantani
Rookie

Postby mpantani » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:12 pm

RevanFan wrote:
mpantani wrote:Game crashes during hurdles when watching CPU vs CPU but only with certain teams.

Yes i did

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:13 pm

mpantani wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Yes i did

Well, then you need to provide much more information. What teams are causing the issue? What roster are you using? Does the crash happen at any other time, or only when a player hurdles? Have you made any edits to the roster you're using? Are you using calhoupe's scripts? If you are, what scripts are enabled?
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Troubleshooting”