Basic Troubleshooting Checklist (Madden NFL 08)

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
AlexB9598W
All-Pro
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Postby AlexB9598W » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:13 am

So it says make sure there's enough free agents per position. What's a minimum I should work towards?

(In the middle of troubleshooting a franchise with Rogerjinx's 17 rosters right now, week 7 of 1st year)

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
Danchat
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Postby Danchat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:19 pm

AlexB9598W wrote:So it says make sure there's enough free agents per position. What's a minimum I should work towards?

(In the middle of troubleshooting a franchise with Rogerjinx's 17 rosters right now, week 7 of 1st year)


That's a good question, I'd suppose you'd want at least 5 at each position. I've only ever see K, P, and QB go on shortages, so it's usually not a problem you'll encounter. If you're running out of other positions you can always move around guys who play on the O-line (e.g. tackle to guard), D-line (End to tackle, linebacker to D-line), and etcetera. You might need to keep an eye on CPU teams hogging all the kickers and punters on their rosters. I can't stand the Madden AI so I adjust a lot of their rosters for them, so maybe that's something you can consider.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

AlexB9598W
All-Pro
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Postby AlexB9598W » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Danchat wrote:
AlexB9598W wrote:So it says make sure there's enough free agents per position. What's a minimum I should work towards?

(In the middle of troubleshooting a franchise with Rogerjinx's 17 rosters right now, week 7 of 1st year)


That's a good question, I'd suppose you'd want at least 5 at each position. I've only ever see K, P, and QB go on shortages, so it's usually not a problem you'll encounter. If you're running out of other positions you can always move around guys who play on the O-line (e.g. tackle to guard), D-line (End to tackle, linebacker to D-line), and etcetera. You might need to keep an eye on CPU teams hogging all the kickers and punters on their rosters. I can't stand the Madden AI so I adjust a lot of their rosters for them, so maybe that's something you can consider.


Yeah it was QB and K for me. Added 4 to each so now they're at 7 and 8 respectively.

Still hasn't fixed the roster though (more explanation: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20207)

coachmike63
Rookie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Postby coachmike63 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:40 pm

I have an odd one in a franchise. I am running RogerJinx 2017-2018 roster for my franchise. I've used NZA editor for some minor things, salaries, injury removal, minor stat changes, etc. In the current season I am in (I run the Bears) for some reason the Falcons overall team ratings are all weird. The player ratings seem fine, they record is 1-1, but the team ratings when you look at matchup are super low. The overall is a 31, Defense is 30, Offense is 47, and special teams is 0. All the other teams are in the 80s-low 90s. Any ideas?

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 9916
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Postby RevanFan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm

coachmike63 wrote:I have an odd one in a franchise. I am running RogerJinx 2017-2018 roster for my franchise. I've used NZA editor for some minor things, salaries, injury removal, minor stat changes, etc. In the current season I am in (I run the Bears) for some reason the Falcons overall team ratings are all weird. The player ratings seem fine, they record is 1-1, but the team ratings when you look at matchup are super low. The overall is a 31, Defense is 30, Offense is 47, and special teams is 0. All the other teams are in the 80s-low 90s. Any ideas?

Auto-reorder their depth chart.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

User avatar
Danchat
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Postby Danchat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:26 pm

I'm adding information about the crashing due to the penalty box to the troubleshooting checklist. Many have been asking about it lately, so I'm going to place it on the list.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

TheNamesRyder
Rookie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Postby TheNamesRyder » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:36 pm

OK so I started a franchise with a 2003 roster. First season went great, first offseason I get to the final 'roster management' section, it freezes anytime I try and save or advance through training camps, I find this trouble shooting list and voila I fixed an issue with too many FAs, a couple FAs had contracts, reordered the depth charts, was able to play next season just fine.

Now here comes the problem....

I get to the final 'roster management' section, mass delete FAs, fix any issue with free agents with injuries or contracts, reorder depth charts by each team and my franchise freezes if i try and save or skip through training camps every time, I have followed and refollowed this troubleshooting list before posting, restarted my system and still nothing.

Not sure this matters but just in case I'm mentioning it. I control all 32 teams in franchise, Bill Belicheck retired at the end of my second season, so i used NZAs editor to put him back on the Patriots because I don't want him to retire, now through the offseason I was not able to control anything the Patriots did (yes i checked their roster breakdown to make sure all positions were filled and I filled any that were open using the editor.) I unchecked the Patriots box and rechecked it on the franchise tab in the editor and it still does not let me control anything the Patriots do (which is just reorder depth chart at the moment.)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 9916
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Postby RevanFan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:36 pm

TheNamesRyder wrote:OK so I started a franchise with a 2003 roster. First season went great, first offseason I get to the final 'roster management' section, it freezes anytime I try and save or advance through training camps, I find this trouble shooting list and voila I fixed an issue with too many FAs, a couple FAs had contracts, reordered the depth charts, was able to play next season just fine.

Now here comes the problem....

I get to the final 'roster management' section, mass delete FAs, fix any issue with free agents with injuries or contracts, reorder depth charts by each team and my franchise freezes if i try and save or skip through training camps every time, I have followed and refollowed this troubleshooting list before posting, restarted my system and still nothing.

Not sure this matters but just in case I'm mentioning it. I control all 32 teams in franchise, Bill Belicheck retired at the end of my second season, so i used NZAs editor to put him back on the Patriots because I don't want him to retire, now through the offseason I was not able to control anything the Patriots did (yes i checked their roster breakdown to make sure all positions were filled and I filled any that were open using the editor.) I unchecked the Patriots box and rechecked it on the franchise tab in the editor and it still does not let me control anything the Patriots do (which is just reorder depth chart at the moment.)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Putting a retired coach back on an NFL team could have caused your problem. My suggestion is get to the latest part of the offseason in which you can still save the game. Save the game and convert your franchise back into a roster. Then I recommend taking the COCH table from a roster like rogerjinx's latest roster and, export it to CSV using the DB Editor, and import it into your converted roster.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

TheNamesRyder
Rookie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Postby TheNamesRyder » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:57 pm

RevanFan wrote:
TheNamesRyder wrote:OK so I started a franchise with a 2003 roster. First season went great, first offseason I get to the final 'roster management' section, it freezes anytime I try and save or advance through training camps, I find this trouble shooting list and voila I fixed an issue with too many FAs, a couple FAs had contracts, reordered the depth charts, was able to play next season just fine.

Now here comes the problem....

I get to the final 'roster management' section, mass delete FAs, fix any issue with free agents with injuries or contracts, reorder depth charts by each team and my franchise freezes if i try and save or skip through training camps every time, I have followed and refollowed this troubleshooting list before posting, restarted my system and still nothing.

Not sure this matters but just in case I'm mentioning it. I control all 32 teams in franchise, Bill Belicheck retired at the end of my second season, so i used NZAs editor to put him back on the Patriots because I don't want him to retire, now through the offseason I was not able to control anything the Patriots did (yes i checked their roster breakdown to make sure all positions were filled and I filled any that were open using the editor.) I unchecked the Patriots box and rechecked it on the franchise tab in the editor and it still does not let me control anything the Patriots do (which is just reorder depth chart at the moment.)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Putting a retired coach back on an NFL team could have caused your problem. My suggestion is get to the latest part of the offseason in which you can still save the game. Save the game and convert your franchise back into a roster. Then I recommend taking the COCH table from a roster like rogerjinx's latest roster and, export it to CSV using the DB Editor, and import it into your converted roster.



I really appreciate the help, this was the first time I've used the DB editor, had to redo it once but did a test of creating a franchise and was able to get past training camp, so looks like it works.

Any tips on keeping coaches from retiring? I looked on the useful links thread and only found how to keep players from retiring.

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 9916
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Postby RevanFan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:32 am

TheNamesRyder wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
TheNamesRyder wrote:OK so I started a franchise with a 2003 roster. First season went great, first offseason I get to the final 'roster management' section, it freezes anytime I try and save or advance through training camps, I find this trouble shooting list and voila I fixed an issue with too many FAs, a couple FAs had contracts, reordered the depth charts, was able to play next season just fine.

Now here comes the problem....

I get to the final 'roster management' section, mass delete FAs, fix any issue with free agents with injuries or contracts, reorder depth charts by each team and my franchise freezes if i try and save or skip through training camps every time, I have followed and refollowed this troubleshooting list before posting, restarted my system and still nothing.

Not sure this matters but just in case I'm mentioning it. I control all 32 teams in franchise, Bill Belicheck retired at the end of my second season, so i used NZAs editor to put him back on the Patriots because I don't want him to retire, now through the offseason I was not able to control anything the Patriots did (yes i checked their roster breakdown to make sure all positions were filled and I filled any that were open using the editor.) I unchecked the Patriots box and rechecked it on the franchise tab in the editor and it still does not let me control anything the Patriots do (which is just reorder depth chart at the moment.)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Putting a retired coach back on an NFL team could have caused your problem. My suggestion is get to the latest part of the offseason in which you can still save the game. Save the game and convert your franchise back into a roster. Then I recommend taking the COCH table from a roster like rogerjinx's latest roster and, export it to CSV using the DB Editor, and import it into your converted roster.



I really appreciate the help, this was the first time I've used the DB editor, had to redo it once but did a test of creating a franchise and was able to get past training camp, so looks like it works.

Any tips on keeping coaches from retiring? I looked on the useful links thread and only found how to keep players from retiring.

I don't know if there is any safe way.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.


Return to “Troubleshooting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests