Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Postby AlexB9598W » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:13 am

So it says make sure there's enough free agents per position. What's a minimum I should work towards?

(In the middle of troubleshooting a franchise with Rogerjinx's 17 rosters right now, week 7 of 1st year)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:19 pm

AlexB9598W wrote:So it says make sure there's enough free agents per position. What's a minimum I should work towards?

(In the middle of troubleshooting a franchise with Rogerjinx's 17 rosters right now, week 7 of 1st year)

That's a good question, I'd suppose you'd want at least 5 at each position. I've only ever see K, P, and QB go on shortages, so it's usually not a problem you'll encounter. If you're running out of other positions you can always move around guys who play on the O-line (e.g. tackle to guard), D-line (End to tackle, linebacker to D-line), and etcetera. You might need to keep an eye on CPU teams hogging all the kickers and punters on their rosters. I can't stand the Madden AI so I adjust a lot of their rosters for them, so maybe that's something you can consider.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Postby AlexB9598W » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Danchat wrote:
AlexB9598W wrote:So it says make sure there's enough free agents per position. What's a minimum I should work towards?

That's a good question, I'd suppose you'd want at least 5 at each position. I've only ever see K, P, and QB go on shortages, so it's usually not a problem you'll encounter. If you're running out of other positions you can always move around guys who play on the O-line (e.g. tackle to guard), D-line (End to tackle, linebacker to D-line), and etcetera. You might need to keep an eye on CPU teams hogging all the kickers and punters on their rosters. I can't stand the Madden AI so I adjust a lot of their rosters for them, so maybe that's something you can consider.

Yeah it was QB and K for me. Added 4 to each so now they're at 7 and 8 respectively.

Still hasn't fixed the roster though (more explanation: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20207)

coachmike63
Rookie

Postby coachmike63 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:40 pm

I have an odd one in a franchise. I am running RogerJinx 2017-2018 roster for my franchise. I've used NZA editor for some minor things, salaries, injury removal, minor stat changes, etc. In the current season I am in (I run the Bears) for some reason the Falcons overall team ratings are all weird. The player ratings seem fine, they record is 1-1, but the team ratings when you look at matchup are super low. The overall is a 31, Defense is 30, Offense is 47, and special teams is 0. All the other teams are in the 80s-low 90s. Any ideas?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm

coachmike63 wrote:I have an odd one in a franchise. I am running RogerJinx 2017-2018 roster for my franchise. I've used NZA editor for some minor things, salaries, injury removal, minor stat changes, etc. In the current season I am in (I run the Bears) for some reason the Falcons overall team ratings are all weird. The player ratings seem fine, they record is 1-1, but the team ratings when you look at matchup are super low. The overall is a 31, Defense is 30, Offense is 47, and special teams is 0. All the other teams are in the 80s-low 90s. Any ideas?

Auto-reorder their depth chart.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Return to “Troubleshooting”