[Franchise] Game keeps crashing

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
MonarchChief
Rookie

Postby MonarchChief » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:07 pm

I'm in week 17 of my first season. Running FF/FI and the rogerjinx end-of-16 roster. The game ran perfectly fine up until week 16, where the game would crash a couple of minutes in (actually playing). I decided to just sim the week and move on, hoping it was just the one game. Now, in week 17, I don't even get past the loading screen. I can enter the game just fine, look at rosters, make changes, etc. But the moment I try to finish my final game, the entire game crashes.

EDIT: Normal exhibition games seem to play fine. Issue seems to be connected to franchise mode.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: [Franchise] Game keeps crashing

Postby RevanFan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:06 pm

MonarchChief wrote:I'm in week 17 of my first season. Running FF/FI and the rogerjinx end-of-16 roster. The game ran perfectly fine up until week 16, where the game would crash a couple of minutes in (actually playing). I decided to just sim the week and move on, hoping it was just the one game. Now, in week 17, I don't even get past the loading screen. I can enter the game just fine, look at rosters, make changes, etc. But the moment I try to finish my final game, the entire game crashes.

EDIT: Normal exhibition games seem to play fine. Issue seems to be connected to franchise mode.

What edits have you done to your roster? Have you auto-reordered your depth chart lately?
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

MonarchChief
Rookie

Postby MonarchChief » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:24 pm

No auto reordering but I did redo the depth chart to my liking recently since changing a player's gear seemed to reset it. The first crash I had was unlike what I'm experiencing now so I'm not sure if its related. If it is; I went to view a replay and the whole screen froze. I couldn't tab out or do anything. The only way to change the screen was to ctrl-alt-del for task manager and even then, the entire screen was black. Since then, I've been experiencing the crashes whenever I try to play a game in franchise mode.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:31 pm

MonarchChief wrote:No auto reordering but I did redo the depth chart to my liking recently since changing a player's gear seemed to reset it. The first crash I had was unlike what I'm experiencing now so I'm not sure if its related. If it is; I went to view a replay and the whole screen froze. I couldn't tab out or do anything. The only way to change the screen was to ctrl-alt-del for task manager and even then, the entire screen was black. Since then, I've been experiencing the crashes whenever I try to play a game in franchise mode.

Make sure you have all of the data files properly installed, especially uniforms.dat, stadiums.dat, and db_templates.dat. Then, take control of all 32 teams and auto-reorder the depth charts. After auto-reordering, feel free to manually reorder however you like. If everything is auto-reordered and installed correctly, it should work.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240

MonarchChief
Rookie

Postby MonarchChief » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:12 pm

So I started a separate franchise and simmed up to the same point in the season and the same issue is present. All the files are where the should be, so I'm a bit confused.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:43 pm

MonarchChief wrote:So I started a separate franchise and simmed up to the same point in the season and the same issue is present. All the files are where the should be, so I'm a bit confused.

You did the following:

1. Re-download and install the FF/FI XVI mod.
2. Re-download and install roger's roster, as well as his DB_TEMPLATES.
3. Re-download and install AT&T Stadium, or use roger's roster that does not require it.
4. Auto-reorder every team's depth chart. Do it before creating the franchise for the best effect.

Correct?

If you did all that and the issue still persists. I need more details. Which teams are causing the issue? Have you gone through and made sure that all team has the correct number and types of coaches? Have you checked to make sure no free agents have contracts or are injured? Have you checked to make sure all teams are at or below 55 players? Have you checked to make sure all teams meet minimum position requirements? Have you checked to make sure there are enough free agents in the roster, but no more than 420? Have you checked to make sure that all uniforms are working properly in the uniform select screen outside of franchise mode? Have you gone through and checked every stadium in the stadium preview outside of franchise mode? Not all of these are likely to have an impact on that, but they are a part of the usual bug checking. Go through each one of those, checking again to see if the game will work after doing the steps.

MonarchChief
Rookie

Postby MonarchChief » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Alright so of the numbered list, I've done everything except for AT&T stadium (because I can't figure out how to install MMX). The issue now affects me outside of franchise and the only team I play is the Redskins. Aside from the Redskins, nothing from the rogerjinx roster has been changed so whatever is in the download is what I have.

If I were to run a clean reinstall, do you think I'd be able to use the same roster (edited from rogerjinx) and franchise file? Or should I just start all over?

Return to “Troubleshooting”