Weird windowed resolution

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
blophead897
Rookie

Postby blophead897 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:15 pm

I recently upgraded to an AMD video card instead of an NVIDIA one, and now when I open the game with calhoupe's scripts and a custom windowed resolution, it puts the game in a weird, smaller window. The size of the window doesn't change when I change it in the scripts, it's just stuck at this seemingly random size. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Weird windowed resolution

Postby elguapo » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:45 pm

Either delete the ini files in the Madden NFL 08 folder and/or delete the settings file in the system folder.

blophead897
Rookie

Postby blophead897 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:55 pm

elguapo wrote:Either delete the ini files in the Madden NFL 08 folder and/or delete the settings file in the system folder.

Just tried this, didn't fix it

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:04 pm

blophead897 wrote:
elguapo wrote:Either delete the ini files in the Madden NFL 08 folder and/or delete the settings file in the system folder.

Just tried this, didn't fix it

Try deleting the script ini file in the c:/ directory.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:57 am

blophead897 wrote:I recently upgraded to an AMD video card instead of an NVIDIA one, and now when I open the game with calhoupe's scripts and a custom windowed resolution, it puts the game in a weird, smaller window. The size of the window doesn't change when I change it in the scripts, it's just stuck at this seemingly random size. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

I think the size of the Window is not pre-determined by the script, but by your graphics card. Go download DxWnd tool. Use that to start Madden in a window what ever size you want. Then start Calhoupe's script and play the game. With DxWnd you can make the size and res anything your system is capable of handling. Also there is 3D Analyze tool that's very good to run games in a window.

blophead897
Rookie

Postby blophead897 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:33 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
blophead897 wrote:I recently upgraded to an AMD video card instead of an NVIDIA one, and now when I open the game with calhoupe's scripts and a custom windowed resolution, it puts the game in a weird, smaller window. The size of the window doesn't change when I change it in the scripts, it's just stuck at this seemingly random size. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

I think the size of the Window is not pre-determined by the script, but by your graphics card. Go download DxWnd tool. Use that to start Madden in a window what ever size you want. Then start Calhoupe's script and play the game. With DxWnd you can make the size and res anything your system is capable of handling. Also there is 3D Analyze tool that's very good to run games in a window.

I got DxWnd but it didn't work for Madden, it just ran like it normally would in fullscreen. 3d Analyze worked, but the window was borderless so it couldn't be moved, and I can't change the size of the window until I'm in a game and Madden uses the resolution from the video settings menu. If you use DxWnd, could you send me the config file you use for Madden?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:19 pm

blophead897 wrote:I got DxWnd but it didn't work for Madden, it just ran like it normally would in fullscreen. 3d Analyze worked, but the window was borderless so it couldn't be moved, and I can't change the size of the window until I'm in a game and Madden uses the resolution from the video settings menu. If you use DxWnd, could you send me the config file you use for Madden?

DxWnd does indeed work and there's a config file for Madden 08 already. You will have to tweak the options for your setup to adjust the window size that you're looking for and match that in Madden. There are a couple tutorial video's on youtube.

blophead897
Rookie

Postby blophead897 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:35 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:DxWnd does indeed work and there's a config file for Madden 08 already. You will have to tweak the options for your setup to adjust the window size that you're looking for and match that in Madden. There are a couple tutorial video's on youtube.

I wasn't able to find any config files or any info about using Madden with dxwnd, would you happen to know where I can find that stuff?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:31 pm

blophead897 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:DxWnd does indeed work and there's a config file for Madden 08 already. You will have to tweak the options for your setup to adjust the window size that you're looking for and match that in Madden. There are a couple tutorial video's on youtube.

I wasn't able to find any config files or any info about using Madden with dxwnd, would you happen to know where I can find that stuff?
Why won't you simply click the help icon like everyone else? Also, the app does have an active support forum. If you need any assistance, its best you should be posting your questions there.

Return to “Troubleshooting”