Terrible QB AI

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
MaccaWacca
Veteran

Terrible QB AI

Postby MaccaWacca » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:17 pm

Hello,
When I play superstar mode and sim the game, the CPU Quarterbacks have terrible AI. At the end of games, both QB's seem to throw at least 4 interceptions each, and even when I play halfback, my teams QB always throws dumb interceptions. Is there a way on fixing this? Like a mod or something to improve QB intelligence while simming? I have turned up the AI sliders and that doesn't work.

Cheers
Aussie guy who plays Aussie rules down under. Loved NFL and madden for years. You Beauty. :)

Terrible QB AI

Sponsor

Sponsor

TheRareButter
All-Pro

Re: Terrible QB AI

Postby TheRareButter » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:31 pm

MaccaWacca wrote:Hello,
When I play superstar mode and sim the game, the CPU Quarterbacks have terrible AI. At the end of games, both QB's seem to throw at least 4 interceptions each, and even when I play halfback, my teams QB always throws dumb interceptions. Is there a way on fixing this? Like a mod or something to improve QB intelligence while simming? I have turned up the AI sliders and that doesn't work.

Cheers

What difficulty are you using? For proper QB AI you need either All Pro with some generous QB Accuracy slider adjustments or All Madden.

MaccaWacca
Veteran

Postby MaccaWacca » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:26 am

TheRareButter wrote:

Cheers

What difficulty are you using? For proper QB AI you need either All Pro with some generous QB Accuracy slider adjustments or All Madden.

I am using All Madden. As I mentioned before, I have tried sliders and they don't work. If I do a CPU vs CPU sim or play a position on Offense with a CPU QB, the AI is awful.
Aussie guy who plays Aussie rules down under. Loved NFL and madden for years. You Beauty. :)

TheRareButter
All-Pro

Postby TheRareButter » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:34 pm

MaccaWacca wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:

Cheers

I am using All Madden. As I mentioned before, I have tried sliders and they don't work. If I do a CPU vs CPU sim or play a position on Offense with a CPU QB, the AI is awful.

For All Madden the AI should be decent, but the INT slider needs to be way down. Like at 5 or so. Keep in mind this is a 2007 game, passing wasn't as efficient back then.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:57 pm

The QB AI is bad without boosting the QB Accuracy slider. What I have a problem with is the amount of touch passes thrown apposed to continually throwing bullet passes. It seems that if the QB throws a deep pass/bomb he will put air under it. But when the play is an intermediate route (10-25) yards, it's always a bullet pass where the defenders have the opportyunity to make a play on the ball, which results in more 3-n-outs, deflections and poor game flow. If someone can figure out how to make the AI throw the pass with more touch for intermediate routes would be great.

An example I have is when the defense plays Tampa 2 coverage and the QB needs to throw a touch pass to drop the ball in between the Safety who's playing deep zone coverfage and the CB who is playing flat zone coverage.

Dolphan
Pro Bowl

Postby Dolphan » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:22 pm

My advice for Superstar:

Open Madden Editor. Decrease Catch for DBs and LBs by 20. Then increase K and P Awareness by 20 (the kicking game is ungodly bad). Drop Interception slider down to 1 for CPU and 0 for human. I play as a QB and a DB most of the time and, occasionally, I enjoy my time spent.

Superstar Mode is just bad in general. There's a lot of cool off-the-field gimmicks, but the gameplay and A.I is horrendous. The pass-blocking AI is braindead; Dean Lowry had 12 sacks in a game. Not to mention the piss-poor default camera angle, which you can fix with Calhoupe's All Scripts. The offseason A.I is terrible too. Mahomes, Rodgers, and Lamar Jackson and almost every superstar player are released after Year 1.

I don't know what it is, but I've never gotten this bad of gameplay in Franchise. Another case of Madden's "good idea, s*** execution" philosophy.

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:45 am

Dolphan wrote:My advice for Superstar:

Open Madden Editor. Decrease Catch for DBs and LBs by 20. Then increase K and P Awareness by 20 (the kicking game is ungodly bad). Drop Interception slider down to 1 for CPU and 0 for human. I play as a QB and a DB most of the time and, occasionally, I enjoy my time spent.

Superstar Mode is just bad in general. There's a lot of cool off-the-field gimmicks, but the gameplay and A.I is horrendous. The pass-blocking AI is braindead; Dean Lowry had 12 sacks in a game. Not to mention the piss-poor default camera angle, which you can fix with Calhoupe's All Scripts. The offseason A.I is terrible too. Mahomes, Rodgers, and Lamar Jackson and almost every superstar player are released after Year 1.

I don't know what it is, but I've never gotten this bad of gameplay in Franchise. Another case of Madden's "good idea, s*** execution" philosophy.

I have just recently gotten into watching my franchise games. and am seeing some horrid passing stats. Is simply adjusting the sliders enough in franchise or should I manipulate the DBS stats in the editor as well? Or does that issue seem to be isolated to superstar?

Thanks!
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

Return to “Troubleshooting”