madden 08 crashing in franchise training camp

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
DatBoyE
Rookie

Postby DatBoyE » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:58 am

I'm trying to start a new franchise but 90% of the time when I try to do a mini camp drill after I finish it I will see the loading screen followed by my screen going black for 2-3 seconds then sending me right back to my desktop. I've tried everything on the troubleshooting checklist and I am using calhoupe's scripts and a couple graphics mods. I have a i5-8600k and 1660 ti so my pc can definitely handle it and the crashing only happens during the franchise mini camp, aside from random in game crashes. I can even play the mini camp from the game modes just fine. I'm on the latest version of windows 10 and Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: madden 08 crashing in franchise training camp

Postby RevanFan » Mon May 04, 2020 6:13 pm

DatBoyE wrote:I'm trying to start a new franchise but 90% of the time when I try to do a mini camp drill after I finish it I will see the loading screen followed by my screen going black for 2-3 seconds then sending me right back to my desktop. I've tried everything on the troubleshooting checklist and I am using calhoupe's scripts and a couple graphics mods. I have a i5-8600k and 1660 ti so my pc can definitely handle it and the crashing only happens during the franchise mini camp, aside from random in game crashes. I can even play the mini camp from the game modes just fine. I'm on the latest version of windows 10 and Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using the FF/FI Mod?

Have you made any changes in your franchise or the roster upon which it's based? Especially changes involving uniforms?
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

DatBoyE
Rookie

Postby DatBoyE » Fri May 08, 2020 4:56 pm

RevanFan wrote:
DatBoyE wrote:I'm trying to start a new franchise but 90% of the time when I try to do a mini camp drill after I finish it I will see the loading screen followed by my screen going black for 2-3 seconds then sending me right back to my desktop. I've tried everything on the troubleshooting checklist and I am using calhoupe's scripts and a couple graphics mods. I have a i5-8600k and 1660 ti so my pc can definitely handle it and the crashing only happens during the franchise mini camp, aside from random in game crashes. I can even play the mini camp from the game modes just fine. I'm on the latest version of windows 10 and Any help would be appreciated.

Have you made any changes in your franchise or the roster upon which it's based? Especially changes involving uniforms?

Im not using the ff mod, and the uniforms and rosters are the default ones but i am using the hd ball, tattoo, and helmets mod i believe

Dolphan
Rookie

Postby Dolphan » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:08 pm

RevanFan wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I'm using the FF/FI mod, and updated rosters, but I haven't made any out-of-game edits to the franchise or roster. It only happens after I earn points after a drill. I've failed a drill on purpose and the game went back to the Training Camp drill screen.

The game itself plays perfectly. I'm just having trouble in training camp.

Dolphan
Rookie

Postby Dolphan » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:39 pm

Update: I went into windowed mode using the FF/FI mod and that seemed to do the trick.

Update x2: nevermind, it seems to be hit or miss...mostly missing.

repkan10
Rookie

Postby repkan10 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:12 pm

Would like to say I am also still experiencing this issue, using the FF/FI mod and updated roster. I can advance through the rest of franchise mode, but upon completing a drill, the game crashes. Does not occur during any superstar mode training drills either.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:33 pm

repkan10 wrote:Would like to say I am also still experiencing this issue, using the FF/FI mod and updated roster. I can advance through the rest of franchise mode, but upon completing a drill, the game crashes. Does not occur during any superstar mode training drills either.

The mod had that issue in the past, but we fixed it a few years back. It's strange that it's happening to you. Before, the crashes were due to uniform IDs for the home and away uniforms not matching what they should be. That hasn't been an issue for several years, though.

Next time I play the game I'll run some tests on training camp. See if I also have the issue.

Are you using the default roster from the FF mod, or a different roster (like Roger's week 8 update.)?
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Dolphan
Rookie

Postby Dolphan » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:36 pm

I had this issue, then realized I didn't have some of the required mods/utilities to make the game run smoothly. Make sure you have all of the required utilities to make the game run.

mytreds
Rookie

Postby mytreds » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:08 pm

Can you tell us which utilities? My game was running fine with mods and scripts, but lately, it has been crashing sporadically, mostly during a football game.

Dolphan
Rookie

Postby Dolphan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:13 pm

mytreds wrote:Can you tell us which utilities? My game was running fine with mods and scripts, but lately, it has been crashing sporadically, mostly during a football game.

There's a page with all of the required/optional utilities, but I can't find it. The crashing's got something to do with the uniforms; the game doesn't like the transition from practice squad uni to game-day uni.

And you're not the only one. Scripts has been crashing like crazy for me, so much so that I've considered uninstalling M08 altogether.

Return to “Troubleshooting”