Game crashes with Bucs with 2 rosters

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
clutchcity
Rookie

Postby clutchcity » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:55 pm

Any troubleshooting ideas from a roster that crashes with certain teams? Rosters only have 53 players.

Sponsor

Sponsor

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Re: Game crashes with Bucs with 2 rosters

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:20 pm

clutchcity wrote:Any troubleshooting ideas from a roster that crashes with certain teams? Rosters only have 53 players.

On what particular event it crashes? Before or during the game?

clutchcity
Rookie

Postby clutchcity » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:18 pm

Thanks for the reply! I should have said it was freezing. What is happening with the 1997 roster when starting a game between the niners at home against the bucs. The game is freezing during the load screen. It has not happen with other teams that I have test against the niners or bucs.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:15 pm

clutchcity wrote:Thanks for the reply! I should have said it was freezing. What is happening with the 1997 roster when starting a game between the niners at home against the bucs. The game is freezing during the load screen. It has not happen with other teams that I have test against the niners or bucs.

Check every aspect it needs to load for that particular game:
1. Uniform (Scroll all uniforms in uniform select screen)
2. Roster (be sure players in the depth chart are on the right team)
3. Stadium (be sure to check the stadium is correct)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:34 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
clutchcity wrote:Thanks for the reply! I should have said it was freezing. What is happening with the 1997 roster when starting a game between the niners at home against the bucs. The game is freezing during the load screen. It has not happen with other teams that I have test against the niners or bucs.

Check every aspect it needs to load for that particular game:
1. Uniform (Scroll all uniforms in uniform select screen)
2. Roster (be sure players in the depth chart are on the right team)
3. Stadium (be sure to check the stadium is correct)

To add to this response, make sure you auto-reorder the depth charts in-game for the teams that are crashing as a part of step 2. Also, you may want to consider checking out the Basic Troubleshooting Checklist when you're done with following Roger's suggestion.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

clutchcity
Rookie

Postby clutchcity » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Thanks for the replies! I have ran the checklist and now it mainly seems to be the niners that are the problem. One thing I noticed when I looked through injuries and it show Marvin Harrison with an injury and the team id is the 49ers which he is not apart of because he is on the colts. I deleted the injury but it is still freezing. I also auto adjusted the lineups. The field is correct when you do a preview. What problems may the jerseys cause?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:12 pm

clutchcity wrote:Thanks for the replies! I have ran the checklist and now it mainly seems to be the niners that are the problem. One thing I noticed when I looked through injuries and it show Marvin Harrison with an injury and the team id is the 49ers which he is not apart of because he is on the colts. I deleted the injury but it is still freezing. I also auto adjusted the lineups. The field is correct when you do a preview. What problems may the jerseys cause?

I don't think that's an injury thing. There may be an issue with something else.

So you say that Marvin Harrison's injury showed his TGID as the 49ers' TGID? But in the actual roster, he's not on the 49ers? Do me a favor. Using the DB Editor, open up the roster, and extract the PLAY table to a CSV file. Open up that CSV in Excel or LibreOffice Calc, and sort the PGID column from smallest to largest. Next, search for Marvin Harrison. Once you have him, look at his PGID value, and see if anyone else on the roster has the same PGID value. If there are multiple players with the same PGID value, that right there will cause your crash. You'll have to give one of the conflicting players a new PGID (that isn't currently in use), and then auto-reorder the depth chart of the team that player is on using the in-game depth chart editor.

EDIT: And delete any injuries associated with either player.

Now it's possible this isn't your issue, but it sounds like this is what it could be.

As for the uniforms... I don't think that's your issue. But for future reference, each team has a certain number of uniforms assigned to it in the roster. If one of those uniforms is missing in your UNIFORMS.dat file, that would cause a crash when you try to use or view that uniform. As I said, I doubt that's your issue, but I figured I should explain a potential issue with them just so you're aware in the future.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240

clutchcity
Rookie

Postby clutchcity » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:56 pm

Thanks for the troubleshooting tips! The ID does not seem to be the problem, there were no duplicates. I am thinking about starting a 1997 roster from scratch because this has been frustrating. I may use Aaron's 1996 roster as a starting point if he does not care if I release it.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:21 pm

clutchcity wrote:Thanks for the troubleshooting tips! The ID does not seem to be the problem, there were no duplicates. I am thinking about starting a 1997 roster from scratch because this has been frustrating. I may use Aaron's 1996 roster as a starting point if he does not care if I release it.

I would suggest sending him a PM and asking his permission, but feel free to make your own roster if you want, at least for personal use. It will provide you much valuable experience!

Do me a favor... post your file that is giving you the issues. I'll download it and see if I can figure it out.

clutchcity
Rookie

Postby clutchcity » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:06 pm

So, I did a hard restart with madden 08 by reinstalling the game and made the troubleshooting checklist adjustments and it seems to be working now. I guess I did not delete all the mods files that I had in there before. Lessoned learned I guess. I will update this roster and see if the original creator will let me release it. I learned a lot from doing this and I hope you don't feel I just wasted your time. I plan on making a few contributions to the modding community.

Return to “Troubleshooting”