Punt Glitch - Possession Change

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
tcgravy
Rookie

Postby tcgravy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:13 pm

Hi. Relatively new member. Awesome site, love everything.

My primary issue with gameplay is that whenever I punt to the CPU, if the punt returner catches the ball, the screen flips, he immediately runs out of bounds, and then my team takes over possession of the ball (even though I just punted). The glitch does not happen if I punt the ball out of bounds. Any ideas?

Info:
- running Windows 10
- legit version of Madden
- running Calhoun scripts 1.70
- followed installation of all files to the tee from the installation guide (viewtopic.php?t=18494), using FF/FI with a Jinx roster
- do not have any issues with gameplay or crashing
- cant get around this issues

Appreciate any input. Thank you.

Tony

Sponsor

Sponsor

mike9472
MVP

Re: Punt Glitch - Possession Change

Postby mike9472 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:35 pm

I'm going to say it's Calhoupe's script because I've had similar issues that I didn't have till I started using his scripts. I've noticed that I had more glitches when turning on "Fewer Shanked Punts" and "Return Missed Field Goals". Now I only turn on "Updated NFL Rules", "CPU Hitstick" and "TD Celebrations". So far games have been normal.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 pm

one thing is that in Madden Punts, Kickoffs, Both Returns (Kickoff and Punt) and FGs are not just on the Special teams Coach. It is actually on entire coaching staff. If you look at the coaches in an editor.. the Special Team Coach has the K & P numbers high and the rest of the staff are in the 30's -50's. in Madden those are crap numbers. FG, P and KO are also in the OC, KO Return and Punt Return and XP are also in the DC. Plus the HC has to have influence on the ratings. I am going to look to revamp those ratings in the Coaches to make it more like the real game.

Ratings will be in a range of 75( top teams to a low team) to 68. These will be in the HC,OC and DC ratings.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:18 pm

BUS36 wrote:one thing is that in Madden Punts, Kickoffs, Both Returns (Kickoff and Punt) and FGs are not just on the Special teams Coach. It is actually on entire coaching staff. If you look at the coaches in an editor.. the Special Team Coach has the K & P numbers high and the rest of the staff are in the 30's -50's. in Madden those are crap numbers. FG, P and KO are also in the OC, KO Return and Punt Return and XP are also in the DC. Plus the HC has to have influence on the ratings. I am going to look to revamp those ratings in the Coaches to make it more like the real game.

Ratings will be in a range of 75( top teams to a low team) to 68. These will be in the HC,OC and DC ratings.

Tried that already, maxed out all the coach ratings to 99. Didn't help

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:39 pm

Look then at the Punters and Kickers make sure there are no guys lower than 70
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

tcgravy
Rookie

Postby tcgravy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

But please realize that my issues aren't with poor kicks/punts. My issue is with the glitch described in the original post (sorry if I wasn't clear) - when I punt to the CPU, if the CPU returner catches the ball, he immediately runs out of bounds, AND THEN MADDEN GIVES MY TEAM POSSESSION OF THE FOOTBALL EVEN THOUGH I JUST PUNTED TO OTHER TEAM.

Let me m know if you have any ideas. Thank you.

Return to “Troubleshooting”