Madden Crash

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.

When does your Madden 08 Crash?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:39 am

After Play
40%
During a play
No votes
End of Season ( processing players and coaches stats & roles )
20%
FG/Kick Offs /PAT Attempts
No votes
With Calhoupe scripts Running
20%
Play Selection
No votes
Pre-Season advancing to regular season
No votes
Start of a Game
20%
Training Camp Drills
No votes
View Play Art
No votes

Total votes: 5

MikeWest502
MVP

Madden Crash

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:39 am

I decided to gauge the members for feedback. Just reading the troubleshooting forums shows more and more members having sporadic game crashes at some point during play! I have pin-pointed three types of game crashes that I experience using the current mod files, but one stands out!

1. 98% of all game crashes/frozen screens happens on my system "after" the play is over, cut scene showing players running on/off field!

2. Trying to Substitute players during a game on defense using custom playbooks!

3.Before the game starts as I click "Start Game", the system freeze and won't even go to the stadium!

There are two types of Madden 08 game crash: Crash to desktop, and Screen locks with Madden frozen! My #1 & #3 gets the frozen screen, but #2 Crash to desktop!

Poll Open!

Madden Crash

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
MVP

Re: Madden Crash

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Game crash problem solved!! After I tested a couple theories, I have found the issue causing the main crash. The issue occur(ed) after a play was over when players were subbing on/off the field. I did type a detailed description, but decided to keep it simple! 2 words... Reset Substitution! Now a few details!

I did weekly tasks for every team! I reset depth charts, make sure all injuries would not affect game, but never reset subs before the games!

I noticed now, there is either 2 maybe 3 separate sub tables the franchise refers to, or the sub table is out of sequence! Reason I say 3 is because I had to click reset 2 times to get what i think is the default sub, but noticed the other 2 sub sets where sub players are arranged in a different order! At first, going into sub showed the punter as the backup qb, with the backup Qb being at the bottom of the sub list, I hit reset! Then I hit reset again, to reset my reset! The final sub reset has cured my game crash! I haven't had a crash in 7 games, including cpu vs cpu games, and I finally got to week 17!

Return to “Troubleshooting”