A bunch of weird things happening

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
MCCraeFresh
Rookie

Postby MCCraeFresh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi folks,

I am playing Madden 08 on my MacBook without any of the fancy editors and mod-tools that most of you use on this forum. I am just playing the game as it is.

I just completed the 2020 season in Franchise mode and the Jaguars won the Super Bowl. Once I advanced into the offseason, a bunch of very strange things started happening:

1. I immediately lost control of the Jaguars and they have now become a CPU team.
2. I kept returning to the restricted free agent part of the offseason, even as I simulated past it.
3. I played the College All Star game (or whatever its called). It was fine but AFTERWARDS...
4. There are now no players in the draft class. None. I can't do rookie workouts. I can't simulate the draft.

I have tried simulating past the draft but it still freezes up trying to simulate the draft.

So... Franchise Mode has become unplayable and I might need to just start all over. But if this has happened to anyone else before, does anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: A bunch of weird things happening

Postby RevanFan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:47 pm

That exact problem happened to me in my franchise a couple of seasons ago. Only way I worked around it was by, through use of many editors and tools, converting the franchise into a roster, creating a franchise from that roster, creating ANOTHER franchise from any old roster, simulating to the offseason, extracting the PLAY table from my converted franchise, and importing it into the new franchise. Then I did the draft, advanced past training camp, converted the franchise BACK into a roster, and started another new franchise.

So... yeah, you may just want to start a new franchise. I still have no idea what caused this problem. I thought it was something I did because of editing the file, but if you're just using the base game, I guess not.

Do you have any mods, like the FF/FI Mod, installed?
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

MCCraeFresh
Rookie

Postby MCCraeFresh » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:48 am

RevanFan wrote:That exact problem happened to me in my franchise a couple of seasons ago. Only way I worked around it was by, through use of many editors and tools, converting the franchise into a roster, creating a franchise from that roster, creating ANOTHER franchise from any old roster, simulating to the offseason, extracting the PLAY table from my converted franchise, and importing it into the new franchise. Then I did the draft, advanced past training camp, converted the franchise BACK into a roster, and started another new franchise.

So... yeah, you may just want to start a new franchise. I still have no idea what caused this problem. I thought it was something I did because of editing the file, but if you're just using the base game, I guess not.

Thanks for the quick response. I do not have any Mods installed, as 1) I have no idea how to do them and 2) I'm not sure any of them would be compatible with the MacBook anyways.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:50 pm

MCCraeFresh wrote:
RevanFan wrote:That exact problem happened to me in my franchise a couple of seasons ago. Only way I worked around it was by, through use of many editors and tools, converting the franchise into a roster, creating a franchise from that roster, creating ANOTHER franchise from any old roster, simulating to the offseason, extracting the PLAY table from my converted franchise, and importing it into the new franchise. Then I did the draft, advanced past training camp, converted the franchise BACK into a roster, and started another new franchise.

Thanks for the quick response. I do not have any Mods installed, as 1) I have no idea how to do them and 2) I'm not sure any of them would be compatible with the MacBook anyways.

So this is a problem with the base game as well? I could have sworn it was something I caused. How very odd indeed.

In that case, my suggestion is starting a new franchise, preferably from a different roster if you have options. Have you applied the 4.0 patch? If you're not sure how, I can send you the updated files. I'm not sure how MacOS handles .exe files, but the rest of the files updated were just data files that the game reads.

If you want to try messing with any of the tools we have here, I know they don't work on MacOS, but you could always try running Windows in a virtual machine and using the tools there. Or you could see if there's any compatibility layers for MacOS to run Windows applications. I've heard CrossOver Mac is an option for that. I guess it's similar to WINE on Linux. You could possibly even try uninstalling the game and installing it again using CrossOver and run it as if it were a Windows app. Not sure how well that would work though, and I don't know if that would enable you to more easily install mods.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Return to “Troubleshooting”