Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 04-2020

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 10-2017

Postby BUS36 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:30 am

I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Re: Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 10-2017

Sponsor

Sponsor

jmy177
All-Pro

Postby jmy177 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:02 am

I too have windows 10, after a few tweaks the game played fine......until I ran it through text mod. Then its slow loading from the title screen, slow loading the contest, slow loading from cut scenes and freezes during plays!! Can you help me?

nyjeezy
Rookie

Postby nyjeezy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:21 pm

Win10 user here (using a brand new PC) who purchased a disc copy of the game. It runs fine after installing it (and following the steps accordingly), but I'm running into the following issues:

1. The mouse cursor is nowhere to be found, and the keyboard doesn't help navigating the menus.

2. The game doesn't acknowledge when I'm using my wireless 360 controller.

Been trying to troubleshoot these issues for a few hours now, and haven't been able to find any solutions. Can anyone help?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:33 pm

nyjeezy wrote:Win10 user here (using a brand new PC) who purchased a disc copy of the game. It runs fine after installing it (and following the steps accordingly), but I'm running into the following issues:

1. The mouse cursor is nowhere to be found, and the keyboard doesn't help navigating the menus.

Been trying to troubleshoot these issues for a few hours now, and haven't been able to find any solutions. Can anyone help?

For #1, there are two options, though note that you can do both of them together if you wish.

1. Under your PC Settings, under System, in the Display section, you'll need to set a custom scaling factor. You can do that in the "Scale and Layout" section. Anything under 150% should work, so I set it to 149%. However, if your monitor is only 1080p, you shouldn't have this issue.

2. Use calhoupe's Madden scripts to run the game in window mode.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

nyjeezy
Rookie

Postby nyjeezy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:29 am

RevanFan wrote:
nyjeezy wrote:Win10 user here (using a brand new PC) who purchased a disc copy of the game. It runs fine after installing it (and following the steps accordingly), but I'm running into the following issues:

For #1, there are two options, though note that you can do both of them together if you wish.

1. Under your PC Settings, under System, in the Display section, you'll need to set a custom scaling factor. You can do that in the "Scale and Layout" section. Anything under 150% should work, so I set it to 149%. However, if your monitor is only 1080p, you shouldn't have this issue.

Thanks for the quick response, RevanFan. For #1, I'm using my TV (50" 4k) as the monitor, and actually tried out the "Scale and Layout" adjustment fix set to 150% to no avail. I'll give #2 a shot this weekend.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:10 pm

nyjeezy wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Thanks for the quick response, RevanFan. For #1, I'm using my TV (50" 4k) as the monitor, and actually tried out the "Scale and Layout" adjustment fix set to 150% to no avail. I'll give #2 a shot this weekend.

No, you need to have it BELOW 150%. Set a custom scaling factor to 149% and try that.
My Cowboys Journal

werewolf914
Rookie

Postby werewolf914 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:36 am

I'm using windows 7 and I'm having a problem. I install the game 3 years ago, was running fine then, then leave it there. Now when I start the game, the game still run and all, but it after the intro, it just show a black screen. I know the game is running since I can hear the usual sound of click and surfing through menu when click move the cursor around, but it simply just show a black screen. I did update drivers and windows a bunch through the years so can't really revert the system back 3 years. I even try to reinstall the game but it's still the same. Anyone know how to fix this?

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:02 pm

you need to install the Mod on the first post.. that is our latest till most likely September...when updates are released
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:26 am

werewolf914 wrote:I'm using windows 7 and I'm having a problem. I install the game 3 years ago, was running fine then, then leave it there. Now when I start the game, the game still run and all, but it after the intro, it just show a black screen. I know the game is running since I can hear the usual sound of click and surfing through menu when click move the cursor around, but it simply just show a black screen. I did update drivers and windows a bunch through the years so can't really revert the system back 3 years. I even try to reinstall the game but it's still the same. Anyone know how to fix this?

Try a system wide defragment. Sometimes it just helps to reorganize/shuffle the files on your hard drive a bit to get it to work. If this does not work then I don't know what to tell you man. Just backup your important franchise/roster/user/replay files and then delete madden and reinstall...
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:43 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
werewolf914 wrote:I'm using windows 7 and I'm having a problem. I install the game 3 years ago, was running fine then, then leave it there. Now when I start the game, the game still run and all, but it after the intro, it just show a black screen. I know the game is running since I can hear the usual sound of click and surfing through menu when click move the cursor around, but it simply just show a black screen. I did update drivers and windows a bunch through the years so can't really revert the system back 3 years. I even try to reinstall the game but it's still the same. Anyone know how to fix this?

Try a system wide defragment. Sometimes it just helps to reorganize/shuffle the files on your hard drive a bit to get it to work. If this does not work then I don't know what to tell you man. Just backup your important franchise/roster/user/replay files and then delete madden and reinstall...

I doubt that would fix the issue. Windows automatically defragments hard drives at certain intervals (usually every week or month), and for SSDs, you NEVER want to defragment them. Though if the issue persists after a reinstall of Madden, it very well could be some system issue.

Have you updated your graphics drivers recently? And when you did reinstalls, have you completely removed all trace of the game before installing again? Does any other game or software do anything similar?
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Troubleshooting”