recreating the NFL from 1920s to 1940s?

Next PC release. Will it happen? When? Wish list?
Pregadordouar
Rookie

Postby Pregadordouar » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:40 pm

Seeing the "Greatest Historic teams" mod, I thought about the possibility of recreating the NFL (and other pro leagues) from 1920 to 1940, when ReadOption was widely used, but in the 19-20 madden(since madden 08 is not possible to perform readoption) . In addition to the stadiums and Menu (an APF 2K8 from early days).

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGrmM0Htcok&t=31s [/youtube]

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: recreating the NFL from 1920s to 1940s?

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:17 pm

Pregadordouar wrote:Seeing the "Greatest Historic teams" mod, I thought about the possibility of recreating the NFL (and other pro leagues) from 1920 to 1940, when ReadOption was widely used, but in the 19-20 madden(since madden 08 is not possible to perform readoption) . In addition to the stadiums and Menu (an APF 2K8 from early days).

Although true RPO/Read Option isn't available in Madden 08, Option plays are very successful!

The best playbooks to use for this type of mod in Madden 08 are the Wildcat, Flexbone, NCAA 08 Power-I, Power Spread, Spread, Speed Spread, Spread Option & NCAA 08 Wishbone. Someone also a made Wing-T & Y-Wing and Tennessee Veer playbooks. In Madden 08, the Option logic is successful if the player runs it using the Calhoupe script!

viewtopic.php?t=16764

Also the Leatherheads Mod has many of the old teams from the early era of football and is really fun to play. It has old style leather helmets with no facemask. Old style cleats and was well put together. Teams like Rochester Jeffersons, Chicago Staleys, Dayton Triangles, 1922 Packers, 1941 Bears, 1942 Redskins, 1921 Chicago Cardinals, Brooklyn Dodgers, Canton Bulldogs, Potsville Maroons, Portsmouth Spartans & many more are available to play with in the mod!

Pregadordouar
Rookie

Re: recreating the NFL from 1920s to 1940s?

Postby Pregadordouar » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:33 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
Pregadordouar wrote:Seeing the "Greatest Historic teams" mod, I thought about the possibility of recreating the NFL (and other pro leagues) from 1920 to 1940, when ReadOption was widely used, but in the 19-20 madden(since madden 08 is not possible to perform readoption) . In addition to the stadiums and Menu (an APF 2K8 from early days).

Although true RPO/Read Option isn't available in Madden 08, Option plays are very successful!

The best playbooks to use for this type of mod in Madden 08 are the Wildcat, Flexbone, NCAA 08 Power-I, Power Spread, Spread, Speed Spread, Spread Option & NCAA 08 Wishbone. Someone also a made Wing-T & Y-Wing and Tennessee Veer playbooks. In Madden 08, the Option logic is successful if the player runs it using the Calhoupe script!

viewtopic.php?t=16764

Very thankful, I downloaded the mod historic teams and the old teams, they were all in trouble.

Also the Leatherheads Mod has many of the old teams from the early era of football and is really fun to play. It has old style leather helmets with no facemask. Old style cleats and was well put together. Teams like Rochester Jeffersons, Chicago Staleys, Dayton Triangles, 1922 Packers, 1941 Bears, 1942 Redskins, 1921 Chicago Cardinals, Brooklyn Dodgers, Canton Bulldogs, Potsville Maroons, Portsmouth Spartans & many more are available to play with in the mod!

Return to “Other Madden PC”