"Madden NFL 16 is expected to arrive for PC"

Next PC release. Will it happen? When? Wish list?
DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Re: "Madden NFL 16 is expected to arrive for PC"

Postby DrBrownsFan » Sat May 16, 2015 8:01 pm

Gridiron wrote:As far as I can tell, right now we who run the XV mod are running the absolute best NFL football simulation available on any platform.
All of the versions of MADDEN are basically the same since 2008, there have been no big changes.
The non dependence on EA to use the internet to play a game is what sets FF-FIXV apart from the rest.
Sweet. :lol:

No offense to the modders or the site, but we're putting new textures on a game that is 8 years old. The game doesn't include modern basics like headtracking, realistic multi-person tackling, realistic collisions between players without the ball, etc. The new Maddens, running on a far more sophisticated engine, are far superior to Madden 08.

You can put lipstick and makeup on, but eventually, you're gonna get old anyway. That's what's happened with FF-FI XV for Madden 08; it's an 80 year old woman wearing a ton of salon products.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sat May 16, 2015 11:49 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at now. I'll criticize EA at every chance I get, but I'm not going to kid myself that a game that came out 8 years ago is actually better than what they have today. I still don't plan on getting one of the new ones, mainly because I don't plan on getting a console, but I'm sure they're still light years better than 08 is now.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sun May 17, 2015 12:25 am

DrBrownsFan wrote:The game doesn't include modern basics like headtracking, realistic multi-person tackling, realistic collisions between players without the ball, etc. The new Maddens, running on a far more sophisticated engine, are far superior to Madden 08.
I'll concede that the collision detection is improved and makes for a better play simulator. Likewise, the multi-person tacking is a nice improvement. Head tracking??? Not so much a factor in my opinion. Overall a slight improvement, but not enough to make up for the loss for networking freedom.

You can put lipstick and makeup on, but eventually, you're gonna get old anyway. That's what's happened with FF-FI XV for Madden 08; it's an 80 year old woman wearing a ton of salon products.
Man you are harsh. A mid 30s MILF (08) compared to a hot 27 year old (15) maybe, but 80!!! Yikes.

NickyJ wrote:Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at now. I'll criticize EA at every chance I get, but I'm not going to kid myself that a game that came out 8 years ago is actually better than what they have today. I still don't plan on getting one of the new ones, mainly because I don't plan on getting a console, but I'm sure they're still light years better than 08 is now.
Light years better? Really now? I don't even think that it is $60 better.

08 is the last version with Mr. Madden as commentator, something the generic network commentators can't match.
Although the graphics rendering engine is different and somewhat improved in the newer versions, the supported widescreen graphics modes in MADDEN 08 render the newer mod textures very well. The only glitchy thing is some of the uniform previews, and that's before the actual game play, a small price to pay.

IMO it will be rule changes and not the graphics that will finally obsolete MADDEN 08, but until then...

I know that I'm going against conventional wisdom that says that newer is better...
but I actually think that considering all of the the advantages, as long as these high-quality bug free mods keep coming, a modded MADDEN 08 remains the better NFL football simulation solution for me...
at least until NFL2K/JoeMontana gets me to change my mind.
Perhaps if I had a PS or a XBOX I'd feel differently about the newer less flexible (no LAN) MADDEN versions, because then I'd feel the need to buy some programs to justify the console's high cost, but I don't.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Gridiron
MVP

Is newer actually better?

Postby Gridiron » Sun May 17, 2015 10:28 am

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun May 17, 2015 11:33 am

This is a smoke screen from EA nothing but bull.....If montana releases his game then EA will follow soon after by ripping off the console version and trying to put it as a pc version. Just to sucker people into spending their money on EA's product. All the graphics will suck because they won't put any effort into it at all it will be a cheap rip of the console game. Madden 08 was the last true pc madden (not a console rip) and even that they never fixed bugs that have been known for years. EA stands for electronic a-holes imo.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue May 19, 2015 8:43 pm

I grew up playing chess and it didn't matter to me if the pieces where wood, glass, plastic or paper. The real action was in my head.

Same thing for madden, I don't really care how shinny the graphics are... the real action is in my head in trying to come up with a good strategy to come up with a win.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Wed May 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Gridiron wrote:IMO it will be rule changes and not the graphics that will finally obsolete MADDEN 08, but until then...

That was quick.

Around the NFL: NFL moves extra point to 15-yard line for 2015 season

elguapo wrote:I grew up playing chess and it didn't matter to me if the pieces where wood, glass, plastic or paper. The real action was in my head.

Same thing for madden, I don't really care how shinny the graphics are... the real action is in my head in trying to come up with a good strategy to come up with a win.

Well put, and I see it almost the same way. Graphics are a significant part of the experience. I admit the MADDEN NFL 08 graphics are not close to the state of the art, or even as good as the XBone or PS4's. Or for that matter not even as good as the 2K5 football renderings. But they are very nice, and it does a very good job in recreating a superb football experience. Our little game is lightyears ahead of anything that I could have imagined being available to the masses, when growing up with home football games consisting of plastic pieces on a vibrating sheet of painted metal.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Gridiron wrote:
Gridiron wrote:IMO it will be rule changes and not the graphics that will finally obsolete MADDEN 08, but until then...

That was quick.

Around the NFL: NFL moves extra point to 15-yard line for 2015 season

Someone could easily fix that if they have knowledge of Cheat Engine.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Thu May 21, 2015 9:22 am

RevanFan wrote:

Someone could easily fix that if they have knowledge of Cheat Engine.

I don't know about easily. I think it would be more of a hassle running another executable. I'm already running TexMod. Now if knowledge of that specifc change to move the kick spot was distributed so that we end users could change the number in the executable running on our computer, then I would consider it to be truly easy.

In my opinion EA has earned had a poor reputation by not fixing several bad bugs in MADDEN 08 but rather moving on as is their custom, expecting you to buy the next version. But in this case there was no next version, making their lack of product support even more egregious.
I've posted this paragraph specifically for you RevanFan, because you are the one who consistently mentions EA's legal rights against us modifying the code. To bolster my position that we as end users have every right to fix EA's mistakes and provide proper support for the product that we purchased, I ask you to consider what real difference it makes if we change the binary using a hex editor, or if we change the executable using your endorsed "Cheat Engine"?

Granted it is a copyright violation to post a modified executable that moves the extra point kick to the 15 yard line. And perhaps it is a technical violation of the EULA for someone to "reverse engineer" EA's code to figure out a fix. But as far as I know, posting the knowledge of how to modify the binary to make a fix is neither wrong nor illegal.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri May 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Cheat Engine doesn't change the executable. It modifies the game's memory only while it is running. None of the changes are permanent. It's the exact same deal as a cheat trainer, only in this case, it wouldn't be used to cheat.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Other Madden PC”