"Madden NFL 16 is expected to arrive for PC"

Next PC release. Will it happen? When? Wish list?
Gridiron
MVP

Re: "Madden NFL 16 is expected to arrive for PC"

Postby Gridiron » Sat May 23, 2015 6:21 am

RevanFan wrote:Cheat Engine doesn't change the executable.
If that were true, then the game's operation would not be changed. It certainly does change the executable.

It modifies the game's memory only while it is running.
When it gets changed is not the point..... is it?

None of the changes are permanent. It's the exact same deal as a cheat trainer, only in this case, it wouldn't be used to cheat.
If what you mean by permanent is being saved onto a drive instead of volatile RAM, you are splitting a rather meaningless hair.
On the fly writing to RAM or writing to a solid state drive, it's still the same operation, encoding digital memory, and in the long run it's all temporary.

It seems that you are governed by the notion that my making a permanent modification of the .exe file on my hard drive is somehow wrong and/or illegal, whereas if I run a program to load and modify the executable while in memory then it is correct? Where did you get such an idea?
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Sponsor

Sponsor

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Wed May 27, 2015 3:48 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Madden 08 was the last true pc madden (not a console rip) and even that they never fixed bugs that have been known for years. EA stands for electronic a-holes imo.

M08 for PC was for all practical purposes a watered down port of the PS2 version. It looks nothing like even the X360 or PS3 versions.

Gridiron wrote:Head tracking??? Not so much a factor in my opinion.

Really? So you don't mind the psychic DBs and LBs who start running toward the ball as soon as it's thrown or handed off, even if they're facing the complete opposite direction? It makes play action or draw plays next to useless.

Gridiron wrote:08 is the last version with Mr. Madden as commentator, something the generic network commentators can't match.
Although the graphics rendering engine is different and somewhat improved in the newer versions, the supported widescreen graphics modes in MADDEN 08 render the newer mod textures very well. The only glitchy thing is some of the uniform previews, and that's before the actual game play, a small price to pay.

I couldn't care less about the commentary. In M08, it's stale and boring after a few games. Madden, as great as he was on the mic in real life, says some stupid stuff in the game. I usually just tune it out.

The graphics rendering engine is SOMEWHAT improved??? What are you smoking, and can I have some?

http://www.40acressports.com/images/vin ... ncover.jpg

vs

http://3ebd2a0c0ea48a333aea-1f531def8e8 ... pscale.jpg

Anyway.

Gridiron wrote:posting the knowledge of how to modify the binary to make a fix is neither wrong nor illegal.

Very true. In fact, posting a modified executable is fine, as long as you don't remove the protections on it (by making a NOCD crack, for example), and even then, I don't think EA is going to be policing an 8 year old game any more.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:26 pm

[quote="DrBrownsFan"]
M08 for PC was for all practical purposes a watered down port of the PS2 version. It looks nothing like even the X360 or PS3 versions.

Still I like the game Madden 08 more compared to recent 2k titles for pc that are basically console rips. It keeps the graphics nice and crisp whereas some 2k titles for pc have a fuzziness to the players on the field compared to the same title on a console.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Wed May 27, 2015 9:23 pm

DrBrownsFan wrote:
Gridiron wrote:Head tracking??? Not so much a factor in my opinion.

Really? So you don't mind the psychic DBs and LBs who start running toward the ball as soon as it's thrown or handed off, even if they're facing the complete opposite direction? It makes play action or draw plays next to useless.

Now that I understand what you meant by head tracking is more realistic reactions by the AI, and not simply the players heads facing the action, I comprehend your comment better. My response to the latest interpretation is,
Yes the player motion algorithms could be improved, and that criticism can always be leveled at football simulations, both old and "modern".

No, I don't mind it because the magic moves are part of a fun game. As long as both teams are behaving the same, using the same algorithms, it's all fair, and that is what is really important when playing a sports simulation.

I couldn't care less about the commentary. In M08, it's stale and boring after a few games. Madden, as great as he was on the mic in real life, says some stupid stuff in the game. I usually just tune it out.

The graphics rendering engine is SOMEWHAT improved??? What are you smoking, and can I have some?

I think that perhaps you've had enough already.

Quoting Webster's here:
somewhat adv : in some degree

I've inserted your examples inline for illustration.

Although the graphics rendering engine is different and somewhat improved in the newer versions...

That seems a rather fair statement of fact to me.

Anyway.
Gridiron wrote:posting the knowledge of how to modify the binary to make a fix is neither wrong nor illegal.

Very true. In fact, posting a modified executable is fine, as long as you don't remove the protections on it (by making a NOCD crack, for example), and even then, I don't think EA is going to be policing an 8 year old game any more.

You might want to check that fact. Posting a hacked executable might not get a site's owner in much trouble... if it is a "not for profit" web site. But if there are any profits being made from the site, then the executable's copyright owner might be tempted to sue the site's owners for a cut.

IMO, if there's loot to be gained from it, EA would "police" a 30 year old game.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Return to “Other Madden PC”