PC coming back to Madden

Next PC release. Will it happen? When? Wish list?
SBranch90
Rookie

PC coming back to Madden

Postby SBranch90 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:58 am

Don't get your hopes up Madden is not coming out on PC anytime soon.

But your PC could finally catch up with Madden.

What do we have to do to get Madden back on PC?

Quite possibly nothing since Xbox has mentioned at some point having a port/crossover of Xbox games like rumored here. or the windows 8 xbox games.

Thats a bit of rumor spreading and we are probably still a few years away from standard operating systems being able to run at the level that Xbox runs its games considering most Xbox's are built for the sole purpose of running games and don't have near as much gargage that runs in the processes and services of a microsoft or apple OS.

So what about mobile Madden.

Ok this has been tested by yours truly and at least on my attempts to run Madden 25 mobile on my laptop using Bluestacks it would not work.

I also used Genymotion and while you would think because it affords you more powerful systems then bluestacks currently does it will not allow you to download Madden 25 for any of them because its all listed as a genymotion device.

The other thing is, by all accounts Madden 25 mobile sucks donkey butt.

However, if we are able to find a way to play the mobile or the console versions on PC, then we could potentially get back in the game.

Granted we would be playing at a level below Madden 08 if we used a Mobile version for PC but it would be a start and as the game became more advanced it would likely keep us in the game as long as applications like Bluestacks existed and allowed us to play Madden.

I think for now Bluestacks is our best hope because it will eventually be able to carry more memory as they are only in Beta level, and memory is the main reason for Madden 25 not working.

Also there are far more people who can modify apps then there are people who could break down Xbox One or PS4 code.

Just thought I would give a glimmer of hope to those out there who think Madden won't come back to PC.

And don't get your hopes up because it won't but your PC very well could be, so long as it isn't a Windows 95 with 256MB ram.

PC coming back to Madden

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Re: PC coming back to Madden

Postby AaronS » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:29 pm

'Operating systems not being able to run like XBox?'

Guess I'd have to ask you to explain that?!

My CPU is behind the monster systems. Well behind (i5, 16g ram, 1tb hdd, 1gb graphic card).. But that well ahead of any console, existing, or soon to be.

Consoles are lacking. Not the other way around. At least in terms of available hardware. And that seems as if that will always be the case. Devs never caught up with current gen capabilities. The new consoles about to break are on par with standard gaming desktops, but can't compete with a premium gaming rig. Nor would they bother considering the price difference.

I think a new Madden for PC is an in inevitability based on programming. Devs are basically shifting to CPU programming to push their products across consoles with greater ease. It would be a slap in the face to not get a PC version with that in mind.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:29 pm

AaronS wrote:'Operating systems not being able to run like XBox?'

Guess I'd have to ask you to explain that?!

My CPU is behind the monster systems. Well behind (i5, 16g ram, 1tb hdd, 1gb graphic card).. But that well ahead of any console, existing, or soon to be.

Consoles are lacking. Not the other way around. At least in terms of available hardware. And that seems as if that will always be the case. Devs never caught up with current gen capabilities. The new consoles about to break are on par with standard gaming desktops, but can't compete with a premium gaming rig. Nor would they bother considering the price difference.
True that.

I think a new Madden for PC is an in inevitability based on programming. Devs are basically shifting to CPU programming to push their products across consoles with greater ease. It would be a slap in the face to not get a PC version with that in mind.
You meant another slap, right?
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 pm

How lazy would it be of EA not to release a CPU version if CPU is going to be the standard programming platform?!

It would be incomprehensible. (aka, par for their course.. Ha!)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:59 pm

AaronS wrote:How lazy would it be of EA not to release a CPU version if CPU is going to be the standard programming platform?!

It would be incomprehensible. (aka, par for their course.. Ha!)

From what I am aware, PC has always been used as their programming platform, or at least it has for several years. Almost all games are programmed on PC. They just don't release the PC program on PC because "normal PCs can't handle what ours can." It's nothing but crap, because if they lower the graphics for the console versions, they could easily do it for PC (seeing as it is programmed on the freaking platform), but that's what they say.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:17 pm

I've only heard of the shift recently.

If it's true of the entire last-gen... gosh, how pathetic! On SO many levels.

Just start with $$. Minimal production expense, limit production in general as the audience is smaller, dedicated and passionate fan base as evidenced by this site, sure to buy the game.. I'm no economics major but that sounds like a profitable venture to me!

SBranch90
Rookie

Postby SBranch90 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:31 am

I should probably clarify.

Yes you could run xbox games on a properly set up PC.

However, the market of Madden players that have up to date or even gaming PCs is likely much slimmer than even the market for PC Madden players.

A great majority of the market probably is only interested in sports games or madden in general which is one reason why I won't buy another xbox.

If it was released with requirements too high don't expect people like me to rush out and drop 1000 dollars on a PC in order to play Madden.

The problem with the PC market is that, either you have spent a ton of money on a really good PC and don't want to go out and spend money on a console that has the main benefit of certain functions which the vast majority you can do on your super PC, or you don't have a high end PC, are only interested in Madden and they (EA) don't want to trimm down so low to have a misrepresentation of the quality of their product.

Also if people have not got a good PC and are interested in more games than just madden and don't have the money for a good PC then the market for a console is bigger there,as they can get the games on a console for thousands less then a good PC.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:45 pm

I understand why consoles are "the" gaming medium. Price. Period.

Premium gaming rigs are just not an option for the average buyer.

But how many users have or build mid-level gaming rigs? The $2000 system is the exception, not the rule. And yes, those types of those gamers are probably not buying Madden.

And all of us understand Madden PC will never be a huge money maker for EA. But they CAN make $$$ on it, make no mistake. If it's programmed on the CPU platform it's PATHETIC it's not released on it.

akilgour13
All-Pro

Postby akilgour13 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:00 am

I think this would have to happen as a free to play model with micro transactions. It's being done for fifa in russia and select other places. In South Korea and Asia there is a ftp version of mvp baseball. Rumors had madden coming as ftp but it didn't pan out. It's too bad that backbreaker didn't make it to pc it was a good alternative and i enjoyed it a lot on x360 . Oh well maybe someday b4 i kick the bucket lol.

wheeljack12
All-Pro

Postby wheeljack12 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:41 pm

the problem I have with this argument is that the majority of systems have dx 11 gpu or igpu's in them. For instance my cpu ( a intel 4770 xeon equivalent) can play madden 08 without a any slow downs whatsoever. And xbox one is basically direct x 11 console that with smoke and mirrors can perform faster than a pc. The problem I have with next gen consoles is that they use a apu that amd won't release for general sale for the pc. I don't see amd apu's for processing power outperforming a pure cpu. However, graphics wise for pc discrete graphics from low to high end just outperform the pure ability of a next gen console apu graphics wise too. The problem that EA is and will always run into is that the MS XB one programming wise has porting/coding translation ability based on the fact that the xb one uses dx11 for it's apu and ps4 does not use dx 11. So, dollar wise, the microsoft has basically given EA the keys to the "Car" in bringing back the EA sports line back to pc in making cheaper and less time consuming to get the job done by porting xb one versions to the pc. What I am getting at is if you are using less processing power in a apu to run next gen games, how hard is it to translate that game over to machine which in general of the machines of the last few years does the job. And EA could learn from respawn on how to do it in the sense that when titanfall was released, it was done via a very large install to accodmate for low to high end pc's.

Return to “Other Madden PC”