NFL Head Coach 06 modding

Next PC release. Will it happen? When? Wish list?
User avatar
BuckCity
Veteran
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:22 pm

NFL Head Coach 06 modding

Postby BuckCity » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:39 pm

How come no one makes tutorials for modding NFL Head Coach 06? Imagine how great that game would be if we modded the graphics, fields, and your coaches offices. We probably could mod other stuff too. I'm new to the forums and was hoped there were mods for this game like there is for madden 08. Also, is the gameplay of madden 08 better than madden 18? I like madden 18 its just that all my favorite players retired years ago so theres no attachment to play a franchise anymore especially since they took the legends out of CFM.

NFL Head Coach 06 modding

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 8602
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: NFL Head Coach 06 modding

Postby RevanFan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:53 pm

BuckCity wrote:How come no one makes tutorials for modding NFL Head Coach 06? Imagine how great that game would be if we modded the graphics, fields, and your coaches offices. We probably could mod other stuff too. I'm new to the forums and was hoped there were mods for this game like there is for madden 08. Also, is the gameplay of madden 08 better than madden 18? I like madden 18 its just that all my favorite players retired years ago so theres no attachment to play a franchise anymore especially since they took the legends out of CFM.

There is one tutorial somewhere on this forum regarding updating the rosters of Head Coach, but as far as I am aware, no other modding has been done for it. If you want to try it yourself, please tell us your results.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

User avatar
ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:28 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: NFL Head Coach 06 modding

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:29 am

RevanFan wrote:
BuckCity wrote:How come no one makes tutorials for modding NFL Head Coach 06? Imagine how great that game would be if we modded the graphics, fields, and your coaches offices. We probably could mod other stuff too. I'm new to the forums and was hoped there were mods for this game like there is for madden 08. Also, is the gameplay of madden 08 better than madden 18? I like madden 18 its just that all my favorite players retired years ago so theres no attachment to play a franchise anymore especially since they took the legends out of CFM.

There is one tutorial somewhere on this forum regarding updating the rosters of Head Coach, but as far as I am aware, no other modding has been done for it. If you want to try it yourself, please tell us your results.

I tried placing the stadiums.dat from the FF mod in the game, all it did was crash. Same with uniforms.dat. However I have made a personal mod for HC06 that updates some Vikings material.
"My wife passed away seven years ago, right, but the sun came up the next day, the world kept spinning and people kept going to work, and that's what we're going to do." - Mike Zimmer
Image

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 8602
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: NFL Head Coach 06 modding

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:36 am

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
BuckCity wrote:How come no one makes tutorials for modding NFL Head Coach 06? Imagine how great that game would be if we modded the graphics, fields, and your coaches offices. We probably could mod other stuff too. I'm new to the forums and was hoped there were mods for this game like there is for madden 08. Also, is the gameplay of madden 08 better than madden 18? I like madden 18 its just that all my favorite players retired years ago so theres no attachment to play a franchise anymore especially since they took the legends out of CFM.

There is one tutorial somewhere on this forum regarding updating the rosters of Head Coach, but as far as I am aware, no other modding has been done for it. If you want to try it yourself, please tell us your results.

I tried placing the stadiums.dat from the FF mod in the game, all it did was crash. Same with uniforms.dat. However I have made a personal mod for HC06 that updates some Vikings material.

I imagine that would be because you didn't also update the UNIF, TUNI, CITY, TEAM, and STAD tables of the roster/DB_TEMPLATES file.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

User avatar
rogerjinx
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:51 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: NFL Head Coach 06 modding

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:20 pm

I will try to mod this one. I just installed it a while ago.

User avatar
elguapo
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1829
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:24 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: NFL Head Coach 06 modding

Postby elguapo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:24 am

EA rearranges files around so that you just can't drop an 08 dat file into an 06 game and pretty much upgrade it. You can take the portrait files for example. If you try to use one portrait file in another game there cartoon faces over the portraits.

You may use Madden 06 files NFL head coach but I doubt it would work so editing the dat files works the same way as in Madden 08. Maybe even Texmod may work on NFL head Coach.

User avatar
ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:28 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: NFL Head Coach 06 modding

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:44 am

elguapo wrote:EA rearranges files around so that you just can't drop an 08 dat file into an 06 game and pretty much upgrade it. You can take the portrait files for example. If you try to use one portrait file in another game there cartoon faces over the portraits.

You may use Madden 06 files NFL head coach but I doubt it would work so editing the dat files works the same way as in Madden 08. Maybe even Texmod may work on NFL head Coach.

Can confirm, Texmod does work with HC06.
"My wife passed away seven years ago, right, but the sun came up the next day, the world kept spinning and people kept going to work, and that's what we're going to do." - Mike Zimmer
Image

User avatar
rogerjinx
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:51 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: NFL Head Coach 06 modding

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 am

I have modified the roster to match the current Jinxroster v10.0. FF Mods uniform is working but we need to reassign the value. Will do this once I finish my 2017 HD portrait project.


Return to “Other Madden PC”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest