If you run Madden 2004, please post your systems specs

Said by some PC'ers to be the best version.
JakeDantzler29
Rookie

Re: If you run Madden 2004, please post your systems specs

Postby JakeDantzler29 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:49 pm

footbfreaker wrote:Hello,

This is for anyone who loves Madden 2004 and cannot get it to work on Windows 7.

I use Windows 7 Home on a Asus Crosshair IV Formula using a XFX Radeon 6950 2 GB with 16GB of ramm.

I use to play Madden 2004 all the time. Now with a new work schedule and more free time I get to play my old favorite NFL game again. Honestly, I love Madden 2004 because of ONE thing, the option to turn off the salary cap, NO OTHER MADDEN VERSION ALLOWS THIS. I tend to play coach mode most of the time but play a season or two every now and then as well. With 2004 you can create great players where you want them without dealing with the restricted cap nonsense. Creating teams is fun to, you can almost customize everything. It's a game, a single-player game for most, so why shouldn't I be allowed to do what I want? I don't make a team complete with all 99 rated players, I mix it up realistically and have fun. I don't have to play endless seasons and make trades and picks and salary decisions. It's the way it should be.

In Windows 7 all you do is install it as usual then right-click the desktop app icon and scroll to properties. Click on compatibility tab. THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO CHANGE IS CHECK THE 'RUN IN 256 COLORS' BOX. No need to run compatibility mode or anything else. Apply and ok.
Then when you start up game and select play it may look fuzzy and strange during loading but eventually a black box should pop up(it did for me) that allows you to choose your video card settings. On my card with this game the highest resolution I can choose is 1600x1200. I use a Asus 26" widescreen LCD set at 1920x1200 and this setting fills the screen during gameplay and looks great for a 2004 game. I had to do this box thing a few times but after that it remembers it and skips it and it just automatically goes to the play screen, then after you choose play it goes through a loading process, looks fuzzy and weird again, but starts up and plays perfect. Took me about 10 minutes after install to figure it out.There has to be more people then just me, us, who wish to play this legendary version on Windows 7 so I thought I would explain how I got it to work so others who may come here after finding this page through a search engine like I did don't have to go through the nonsense to get it to work. -freak

Do you know of a method for Windows 8? Thanks in advance...

Sponsor

Sponsor

jashapiro16
Rookie

Postby jashapiro16 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Hello, I am a HUGE fan of Madden 2004 and am struggling mightily to get it to run correctly on my Windows 7. I have the no numbers issue, have tried to run it with the compatibility/256 colors fix and still nothing. For the most part, when I try to run the game, the game will run all the way to a the loading screen, and the "Loading" bar will fill all the way, but then hang. I run Task Manager, and see that Windows is trying to run "Blackberry Desktop Software" out of no where. I don't have any BlackBerry products or any clue why this is happening. I know that the 256 colors part is working because my Desktop shifts colors as if it were being seen in 256 colors. I am desperate to get this to work. This is my all-time favorite version of Madden and I love it the most on PC. Can someone PLEASE help me? Thanks!

TVGuy22
Pro Bowl

Postby TVGuy22 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Make sure your monitor resolution is no higher than 1280 x 720, for one thing. Also, if you love Madden 04 you should join our coach mode league. Hit me with a PM if interested.

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:22 am

Posting my new specs here in hopes someone out there has a similar dilemma and may have found a solution:

MSI GL72 laptop
Core I7 (2.8ghz) processer
8gb RAM
Video card: GeForce GTX960M 2gb dedicated video memory
Windows 10 64-bit

Currently running on XP compatibility mode in Window mode (full screen doesn't work).
Settings are maxed out but detail isn't clear - like watching a TV show in standard definition.
No jersey numbers or player names on jerseys

bquinn
MVP

Postby bquinn » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Here's what I'm running Madden 2004 on with no problems:

Dell Inspiron 17 7000 series laptop
Intel Core i7-4510U CPU (2.00ghz) processer
16gb RAM
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce gt 750M
Windows 8.1 64-bit

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:26 pm

Madden 04 runs perfect over here. I have an Alienware m14xr2 with trusty old windows 7, intel core i5 @2.6 ghz, 6 gigs of ram, with a NVidia GeForce gt 650m. I play all of my games and I never sim, I use an xbox 360 controller.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:27 am

Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack2
AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60GHz
8.00 GB
64 bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce GT620
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Gridironmate
Rookie

Postby Gridironmate » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:41 am

A slight glimmer of hope manifested quickly after reading this, but the desired Madden 2004 game ( I have 3 different copies of the game all purchased for minimum money like 9.99 Euros a few years back) just wont start on my system.

I'm running it on:
Win 7 professional 64 bit.
8 GBs of RAM on I5-2500K CPU @3.30 GHZ with 2 Monitors each on 1900 x 1082 resolution settings.

After doing what you suggested (selecting the 256 colour checkbox) I at least could see the white start screen window.
Without this checkbox checked nothing happens at all.
A slight improvement. ;)
But once I click "play" NOTHING happens.
I checked various boxes in the properties section and even changed the resolution numerous times - even down to 640 x 480 - but other than some truely strange colorschemes nothing happens.
Simply can't start the game. :roll:
Compatibility adjusting to Win7, start with administrator rights, all that doese NOTHING.
Game wont start.
Too bad! :roll:

If anyone has another little trick worthy of trying up his sleeve, well... be my guest! :? :? :?
Greetings from Gridironmate

Edit: I 've read somewhere there was a patch for Madden 2004.
Is this legit?
And if so, where can it be downloaded, maybe thats what it takes to get it running on my computer. :roll:

bquinn
MVP

Postby bquinn » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:05 am

Gridironmate wrote:
Edit: I 've read somewhere there was a patch for Madden 2004.
Is this legit?
And if so, where can it be downloaded, maybe thats the was to get it running on my computer. :roll:

You can find the Madden 2004 patch on this link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jxmpgiwjx ... ch.7z/file

Gridironmate
Rookie

Postby Gridironmate » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:52 am

bquinn wrote:You can find the Madden 2004 patch on this link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jxmpgiwjx ... ch.7z/file

Thanx for the notification.
Can this site/download be trusted?
First thing is some pop ups , thats never a good sign.
Plus the data is not specificated just "patch7.z"....

Can anyone verify that this is not some malware or worse
and furthermore that this patch is for Madden 2004 and not for soemthing else...?

Return to “Madden 2004 PC”