Guide on how to get Madden 04 to work on modern day PC's

Said by some PC'ers to be the best version.
avery
Rookie

Postby avery » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:14 pm

First and foremost, own a copy of Madden 2004. I have the CDRom version but im sure you can get a version online somewhere.

Next, after you finish downloading the entire game download a NoCD crack. I was a little sketched out on doing this at first but basically sometime in September of 2015 Microsoft pushed an update through that basically disables the SECDRV.SYS service for security reasons. the service is required for older games that utilize anti-piracy copy protection such as SecuRom and SafeDisc. Then what you want to do is locate the directory where the main files of Madden 04 are placed and replace the original mainapp.exe with the NoCD cracked .exe

Then, right click on mainapp.exe, go to properties, then go to compatibility. Choose Windows XP service pack 3, choose reduced color mode and hit 8-bit (256) color and hit run this program as an administrator. You could also run in 640x480 if you wanted to get the mid-2000's old school nostalgia.

Last, have fun playing! There may be some lag as compatibility mode isn't the best with old games but its barely noticeable.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Guide on how to get Madden 04 to work on modern day PC's

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:10 pm

Also, Madden 2004 is incompatible with a multiple monitor setup. Madden won't run unless you turn your other monitors off, then run the game.

ragerules12
Rookie

Re: Guide on how to get Madden 04 to work on modern day PC's

Postby ragerules12 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:34 pm

Can you post the No CD crack you used? Mine is not working and I cannot for the life of me get it to work. From what I've been reading some of the No CD cracks dont work...

Return to “Madden 2004 PC”