Game Won't Start

Said by some PC'ers to be the best version.
slamminhamann
Veteran

Game Won't Start

Postby slamminhamann » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:42 am

Okay, so I just downloaded Madden 2004. The startup screen loads just fine, but once I hit "Play" I get a brief moment where the cursor switches to the loading symbol, then it changes and nothing happens. I am currently running it as the administrator and on the Windows XP SP3 (on Windows 7). Any ideas as to how to fix this or what I can do?

Game Won't Start

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: Game Won't Start

Postby JSamuel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:47 am

slamminhamann wrote:Okay, so I just downloaded Madden 2004. The startup screen loads just fine, but once I hit "Play" I get a brief moment where the cursor switches to the loading symbol, then it changes and nothing happens. I am currently running it as the administrator and on the Windows XP SP3 (on Windows 7). Any ideas as to how to fix this or what I can do?

I've never played Madden 04, but I think your issue could be solved by running the program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3. Here's how. Another great thing to try would be Ultimatum77's troubleshooting guide.

slamminhamann
Veteran

Postby slamminhamann » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:35 am

New problem: so, I purchased the game online without a disc and used my virtual drive to install it. However, now that I've solved the problem of nothing happening after I hit play (I had to uninstall a Windows update), now the game is telling me to enter the proper disc and restart the application. I've tried mounting both discs using my virtual drive and neither of them work apparently. Ideas?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:42 am

slamminhamann wrote:New problem: so, I purchased the game online without a disc and used my virtual drive to install it. However, now that I've solved the problem of nothing happening after I hit play (I had to uninstall a Windows update), now the game is telling me to enter the proper disc and restart the application. I've tried mounting both discs using my virtual drive and neither of them work apparently. Ideas?

Run windows XP mode (install it in windows 7)
(microsoft virtual machine windows xp within windows 7) and then install it on the XP virtual machine then your game should work....just be sure you have enough "virtual hard drive disk space and virtual memory when you setup your VM).....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “Madden 2004 PC”