Madden 04 on Windows 8.14

Said by some PC'ers to be the best version.
mee
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 04 on Windows 8.14

Postby mee » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:46 pm

So the Giants traded Beckham....

Sponsor

Sponsor

bquinn
MVP

Postby bquinn » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:21 pm

fumblebutt wrote:
bquinn wrote:
akilgour13 wrote:Bquinn,you could try disabling UAC(user account control) temporarily to see if that helps.Googlesearch turn off uac,i don't remember exactly how to do it but it seems to be a common problem with some software on W8,i have used it in the past.

Thanks for the help. I just tried disabling the UAC and now when I click PLAY the startup screen goes away but nothing happens. No error message, nothing. This has me stumped as I've played Madden 2004 on this same computer for years without a problem.
I think I'll post my dilemma in the Troubleshooting forum and see if anyone else has experienced this.

I am having the exact same issues with Madden 04 on Windows 8, any luck running Madden now? If so, how did you do it?

Yes, I have fixed the problem. It was caused by recent Windows updates. I suggest you uninstall all recent updates and restrict them from automatically happening. I am now able to play no problem. I'm using Windows 7 BTW.
Microsoft acknowledged that this particular update caused problems for older game and offered a guide to uninstalling that specific update if you are a gamer. A quick Google search should do the trick.

gardawg41
Rookie

Postby gardawg41 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:13 am

Do you have the No Numbers issue when playing in Windows 7? I have Windows 7, but no numbers appear on the players' jerseys.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:45 pm

The no numbers thing, for me, was a graphic card issue. I had a 1gb graphic card, but it wasn't dedicated memory, so Madden wouldn't display properly.

Also will confirm the Windows Update rollback fix on Windows 7. Once I rolledback the updates to July 2015, Madden worked properly again.

Return to “Madden 2004 PC”