Running Madden 04 on Windows 10

Said by some PC'ers to be the best version.
ragerules12
Rookie

Re: Running Madden 04 on Windows 10

Postby ragerules12 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:45 pm

Rixster67r wrote:I was able to get Madden 04 working by using information from this page.....viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2744&hilit=madden+2004+no+numbers&start=20

Which NoCD patch did you use? I think the one I have doesn't work...

Sponsor

Sponsor

coltsup
Rookie

Postby coltsup » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:43 pm

I recently downloaded Madden 04 as two ISO files. I just can't make them work.

I am running it on Windows 10, and when I have mounted the first ISO, I just am able to open the folder and enter the mainapp file. I get to the menu page, and the game seems already installed, as I only have the option to uninstall when I hover over the "Install" option. However, when I press the "Play" option, the game just shuts down. What might I be doing wrong, and how do I get the game working?

TacoBellFanBoy
Rookie

Postby TacoBellFanBoy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:06 pm

coltsup wrote:I recently downloaded Madden 04 as two ISO files. I just can't make them work.

I am running it on Windows 10, and when I have mounted the first ISO, I just am able to open the folder and enter the mainapp file. I get to the menu page, and the game seems already installed, as I only have the option to uninstall when I hover over the "Install" option. However, when I press the "Play" option, the game just shuts down. What might I be doing wrong, and how do I get the game working?

Did you figure this out? This is the point that I am stuck at right now.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:40 pm

Dump both contents of the CDs into a folder.

Edit the filenames.txt to read the files from one drive.

If you have the NoCD exe you can run the exe from the folder. Or you can burn a DVD with the changes above.

TacoBellFanBoy
Rookie

Postby TacoBellFanBoy » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:03 am

elguapo wrote:Dump both contents of the CDs into a folder.

If you have the NoCD exe you can run the exe from the folder. Or you can burn a DVD with the changes above.

Hey i really apricate the response, thank you! Unfortunately i'm not great at this stuff and still cant quite get it going. I placed all the files into a new file like you said and then tried to run it through both the autorun and run game .exe. I get something that says "could not copy C\windows\system32\autorun.exe to c\users\17176\appdata\local\temp\autorun.exe"

It also says c\users\17176\appdata\local\temp\autorun.exe" could not be found.

Any idea what that means? Did I do something wrong with my copy and pasting into a new file, I did put both cd files into it.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:33 am

TacoBellFanBoy wrote:
elguapo wrote:Dump both contents of the CDs into a folder.

Hey i really apricate the response, thank you! Unfortunately i'm not great at this stuff and still cant quite get it going. I placed all the files into a new file like you said and then tried to run it through both the autorun and run game .exe. I get something that says "could not copy C\windows\system32\autorun.exe to c\users\17176\appdata\local\temp\autorun.exe"

It also says c\users\17176\appdata\local\temp\autorun.exe" could not be found.

Any idea what that means? Did I do something wrong with my copy and pasting into a new file, I did put both cd files into it.

I am not sure why you're having issues. In my copy I put both CDs into one HD folder. I replace the mainapp.exe with the NoCD exe. I then edit the filenames.txt to read the files from one location. From there I just click on the mainapp.exe and the game loads up with no issues, well except for the no numbers showing up but everything else runs just fine.

Return to “Madden 2004 PC”