Atticus Jenkins: Ace Assistant

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Miami Generic Newspaper
Breaking News
(January 11, 2010)
Many sources have reported today that the Miami Dolphins have fired their offensive coordinator Atticus Jenkins today. After two unsuccessful seasons, (5-11, 2-14), their offense didn't improve and he was let go, a unanimous decision from the GM. Jenkins was a head coach in the CFL (Canadian Football League) and at one point he was one of the best WRs there were (in the CFL). His specialties are coaching young WRs. It is expected that he will sign as a WR coach at some point this offseason, within the next month......
-----
After a fiasco in Miami, Atticus Jenkins will sign with a new team soon. I am most likely going to use the 2010 roster and I will act as if the last journal never really happened....(Which left off in 2012)
I will be using Madden Amp's training camp along with Revanfan's franchise guide (80-man roster and practice squad and IR).
----
COMING SOON (More like coming eventually)
Atticus Jenkins gets signed somewhere
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Atticus Jenkins: Ace Assistant

Postby Danchat » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Breaking News
Atticus Jenkins has signed a two year deal with the Seattle Seahawks today. He will be the WR coach there. The amount of money is disclosed.
Seahawks coach Pete Carrol says,
"We like Atticus. He will be a good fit for us to help coach our wide receivers. We have some potential talent there, and if they can put it together we will have a weapon at Matt's [Hasselbeck] disposal. We have a real chance of being good this year."

Jenkins has had some success in Miami, if only with the recievers there. Brandon Marshall didn't take many steps forward, but Davone Bess and Brian Hartline became better receivers. They have personally recommended him to any team.

[Davone Bess] "Coach Jenkins was a cool cat. He knew what routes to run, and he'd tailor them to fit our talents. He would write some killer plays, the problem was the quarterback wasn't talented enough to put the passes where they needed to be. I want him back, but he ain't comin' back. Another lucky team will get his talent."

This is what Atticus had to say about his signing.....

"I'm excited to be the receivers coach of the Seahawks. We have a quarterback to work with, unlike we had in Miami. There we had some established receivers, but in Seattle, it's another story. I want to coach these kids up to become star receivers. First we have Mike Williams, who is ready and willing to get back into the NFL. He was a 1st round bust, but that will motivate him to be better. He's a big guy, (6'5", 235 lbs.) and he can physically beat smaller DBs. We'll work on his hands and I'll make some routes for him. Next is Deon Butler, who is a really fast receiver. I had seen him at Penn State before, and his deep pass potential is there. He's got to work on securing the passes and running the right routes. He'll get lots of time to play this year. Another guy is rookie Golden Tate from Notre Dame, who has the same skill set as Butler. We hope to use his strengths and beat the defense along the sidlines with him. Ben Obomanu is pretty good too, he's not as fast as Tate or Butler but he is strong. He can excel with the slant route and beat defenders inside. Finally, we have veteran Brandon Stokley. He may be 34, but he can run some good routes and get open with his experience. He'll be the leader of the WRs and maybe he can teach those younger WRs. It'll be fun to coach these guys. We have the potential to be a strong WR corps."

That is all for today.
Coming Soon
Off-Season Conditioning

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:08 pm

I'll be reading.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:46 pm

Beginning of Training Camp Seattle Seahawks 80-Man Roster
Players who are lower on the list for their position have a smaller chance of making it (mainly undrafted rookies). (note that this roster has 78 players, 2 will probably be signed soon)
For the first two weeks, the starters will play, but for the final two games the backups will play.
Week 3 of the preseaon, 5 players will be cut and the 75 man roster will result. After the 4th week, 22 players (I think) will be cut to make 53. 55 players can be active in the preseason games.
Off-season Conditioning Report: The day before training camp
"All of the players have arrived to camp. We've weighed them and here is the results."
Pete Carrol's motivation techniques have helped encourage the players to level their weight. The ownership is pleased.
4 players reported in overweight:
Joe Pawelek
Raheem Brock
Craig Terril
Chris White
7 players have reported to camp in better shape:
Mike Gibson
Max Unger
Aaron Curry
Chris Baker
John Carlson
David Hawthorne
J. P. Foschi
---------------
That's all for the news today. Tune in later for the beginning of training camp for the Seahawks.
COMING SOON
Training Camp Week 1, Day 1

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Hey readers.......I have a quick question. I'm going to try the advanced AWR boost that the NZA editor has, and it says to set 1 AWR point in the season. But where should it be? If anyone has any AWR tips please share them with me.

theangel&thegambler
Rookie

Postby theangel&thegambler » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Danchat wrote:Hey readers.......I have a quick question. I'm going to try the advanced AWR boost that the NZA editor has, and it says to set 1 AWR point in the season. But where should it be? If anyone has any AWR tips please share them with me.

If you do so, by the 3rd year in your chise you would have 4-5 players with 99 Overall.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:23 pm

theangel&thegambler wrote:
Danchat wrote:Hey readers.......I have a quick question. I'm going to try the advanced AWR boost that the NZA editor has, and it says to set 1 AWR point in the season. But where should it be? If anyone has any AWR tips please share them with me.

If you do so, by the 3rd year in your chise you would have 4-5 players with 99 Overall.

Are you trying to say that it boosts players too much? Is it based on player performance?
Or should I just do the rookie AWR boost?

clrdk
MVP

Postby clrdk » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:01 am

Danchat wrote:
theangel&thegambler wrote:

Are you trying to say that it boosts players too much? Is it based on player performance?
Or should I just do the rookie AWR boost?

If you want to use AWR boost, you also need to only use one progression every season (I am using Nza madden guide and have one progression in week 17)

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:55 pm

After the first five days of training camp, here are some notes from the coaches.........(note: Seahawks signed WR Arrington and RT McKee)

Notes from Jeremy Bates (off. coordinator)
No changes with the QBs. Hasselbeck is playing up to speed at age 34.
All running backs have improved their break tackle. Washington and Forsett have gotten faster than last season.
Our fullbacks are complaining about the level of training, but both have improved their carrying, break tackle, and run blocking.
All of our linemen have worked on pass blocking the most this year. There are some good improvements there.
We are working on the gaunlet with the TEs for a change, and their break tackle and carrying has improved.

Notes from Atticus Jenkins (WR coach)
I've worked personally with every WR we have. Tate is working on his routes and catching and doing a good job. Butler has worked on ball control. Williams hasn't improved much yet. Stokley is trying to keep up, but at age 34, he's struggling. Obomanu has gotten better with his routes. Our three borderline recievers, Sweed, Arrington, and Brown, have all gotten better at routes and catching. Arrington and Brown have handled the ball better too.

Notes from Gus Bradley (defensive coordinator)
Our defensive line is getting old in age, and there has been little improvement. Sheppard is faster than when he arrived, though.
Curry, Tatupu, Campbell, and Francois are linebackers who have sharpened their acceleration.
Our defensive backs have also worked on acceleration and about have of them have improved.

Notes from Brain Schiender (S.T. coordinator)
No minor improvements.
COMING SOON
Training Camp, Week 2

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Here's the schedule for training camp week 2.
Conditioning 10%
Position Drills 20%
Team Drills 20%
Film Study 26%
Special Teams 11%
Down Time 13%

Injuries: Arrington had a minor hamstring injury and missed one day of practice. Nothing else happened.

Here's what our players will be working on:
Weight Training: Chest: All players
QBs: One Knee Drill, Crossbar Drill
HBs: Ballbreaker and Rope Drill
FBs: Relay Drill and Gaunlet
WRs: Net Drill, Find the QB
TE: Grip Drop Drill, Find the QB
OL: Blocking Sled, Blitz Pickup, and Group Pass Pro
DL: Pass Rush Technique Drill, Swim/Rip Drill
LBs: Angle Tackling Drill, Pursuit
DBs: Backpeddle and Weave, Pursuit
Ks and Ps: Drop Consistency Drill, Upright Drill
Team Drills: 20% Half Speed, No Full Speed (we will increase the amount of full speed by 4% everyday until it gets to 20%)

COMING SOON
Training Camp Results

Return to “Madden Journals”