Do you guys play or watch your games?

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
Mike Lowe
Pro Bowl

Postby Mike Lowe » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:10 pm

Just getting started, and am leaning a bit towards just watching the games as a sort of "GM Mode." Is that what most do here? Is it a mix?

I still play Madden 22 (ducks head) and am worried I'll be a discombobulated mess trying to play both games.

Great community and I appreciate the feedback!

Sponsor

Sponsor

AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Re: Do you guys play or watch your games?

Postby AlexB9598W » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:36 pm

I'm running a franchise mode in Madden 08 keeping an eye on all the teams, so my general mode is picking out 4-6 games that I want to play in a week and simming the rest. I keep track of which teams I've controlled so that I can make sure I'm not picking the same ones in back-to-back weeks and that way my effect as a player can be spread out across the league, while also allowing me to get a sense for how all the teams are doing.

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:56 pm

For myself, I play in Coach mode. It splits the difference. Get the benefit of seeing my GM moves at work. While not just watching the games, and emphasizing how I want my teams to play.

JPK
Hall of Fame

Postby JPK » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:43 pm

I personally play the games, and I also coach and act as GM. I play only one team, but I monitor a few teams to keep some competition. My current season has been quite dominating, so I’ll keep a close look on teams who could rival me. This includes some roster changes as well as boosting some attributes.

From the above replies as well as what I gathered over the years, the approaches are varied. I think it’s what keeps the journal section fresh.

Mike Lowe
Pro Bowl

Postby Mike Lowe » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:50 pm

Is it recommended to control all teams? Can that be adjusted later after starting already?

bluegriffon
Hall of Fame

Postby bluegriffon » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:42 am

Mike Lowe wrote:Just getting started, and am leaning a bit towards just watching the games as a sort of "GM Mode." Is that what most do here? Is it a mix?

I still play Madden 22 (ducks head) and am worried I'll be a discombobulated mess trying to play both games.

I go "Owner Mode", that is i run Franchise mode and control all the teams for the purposes of roster moves, stats tracking, off season stuff. So I watch the every game as they play out unless i have an issue (which I currently do with not being able to save to file after each Jacksonville Sharks game so far, so they end up getting simmed)

bluegriffon
Hall of Fame

Postby bluegriffon » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:44 am

Mike Lowe wrote:Is it recommended to control all teams? Can that be adjusted later after starting already?

There are tools that you can find here that will allow you to change team control. Also you can tick the radio button of each game to control one of the teams in it.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:53 pm

bluegriffon wrote:
Mike Lowe wrote:Just getting started, and am leaning a bit towards just watching the games as a sort of "GM Mode." Is that what most do here? Is it a mix?

I go "Owner Mode", that is i run Franchise mode and control all the teams for the purposes of roster moves, stats tracking, off season stuff. So I watch the every game as they play out unless i have an issue (which I currently do with not being able to save to file after each Jacksonville Sharks game so far, so they end up getting simmed)

I pretty much do the same thing except I coach the team instead of watching....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:10 am

I know I'm late to the party, but I always play the games myself.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:17 am

i play every game, even preseason. every game, every team. i love the doing all of the off season and front office work. I control the entire league and manage every aspect of the franchise even down to the program sales in classic franchise mode.

but like chris berman says, " ... and that's why they play the game." or like Bud Grant says in my signature about losing a game because the ball is oval and they cant control the bounce .... football is an intricate game of inches and big plays and the x's and o's is where I truly find fulfillment. the purpose of all of my time and effort with Madden is to pound that rock to glory :D
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Return to “Madden Journals”