Vikings 2020 - A Historic Franchise Journal

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:59 pm

Minnesota Vikings 2020 - A New, Yet Old Franchise Journal

I bid you welcome to the 2020 Minnesota Vikings Madden 08 Franchise Journal! It has been quite awhile, but I have returned for some more Franchise Journal goodness! I have decided to jump back into the fray once more for a single year of a franchise journal - my original Minnesota Vikings that begun with the base Madden 08 game. Ever since I picked the game up in 2009, this was the first franchise I ever started. Since 2012, I've started to play every season in the franchise in line with the current year, so for 2020, I will share everything that will happen to my Vikings team.

This is a fully hands-on franchise that I play normally, so no Coach Mode this time around. This means that I can usually win most of the games.

2019 Season Review

The Vikings went 16-0 last year, but we came up short in the playoffs. How is that possible, you may ask? There’s only one answer to your question: The Philadelphia Eagles.

SCHEDULE INFO

====================================================================

WEEK DATE OPPONENT RESULT

1 Sep 12 Packers Won 24-3

2 Sep 20 Piranhas Won 45-30

3 Sep 26 Seahawks Won 45-20

4 Oct 3 at Pilots Won 38-7

5 Oct 10 at Raiders Won 20-17

6 Oct 17 at Panthers Won 41-16

7 Oct 24 Chiefs Won 44-3

8 Oct 31 at Eagles Won 24-20

9 Nov 7 at Broncos Won 16-14

10 n/a BYE n/a

11 Nov 22 at Packers Won 34-10

12 Nov 28 at Giants Won 48-10

13 Dec 5 Lions Won 41-15

14 Dec 12 Cowboys Won 47-7

15 Dec 19 at Lions Won 39-21

16 Dec 27 Chargers Won 27-13

17 Jan 2 Pilots Won 20-14

Before I go on a long spiel about the Eagles, I should mention that both the Redskins and Bears have relocated... they are now the Piranhas and Pilots respectively. This happened before I realized I could turn off relocations using mods... whoops!

Since I’ve started playing this franchise, I have had full control of the Vikings and the Eagles. As you can probably imagine, this means that these two teams totally dominate the NFC. The Vikings and Eagles are almost always the #1 and #2 seeds and meet in the NFC Championship game every year (I think only one in the past 10 years the Championship game was not Vikings v. Eagles due to a Vikings loss to the Bears in the divisional round). Last season was the same case: the Eagles went 14-2 and locked up the #2 seed.

You might wonder how I play the Vikings v. Eagles game, since I’m the sole controller of both teams. We play once per year in the regular season, since we always finish 1st in our division. My rule is this: the winner of the previous game gets to be controlled by me in the second half, while I control the underdog in the first half. For example:

2018 Championship game: Vikings won

2019 Regular season: I play as Vikings in 2nd half due to their previous win, Vikings won

2019 Championship game: I played as the Vikings in the 2nd half again, but we lost!

2020 Regular Season: The Eagles will get the 2nd half treatment now

I can almost always outplay the CPU no matter what team it is, but if the first half goes really well, sometimes the first half team can have such a big lead I can’t score enough on the CPU in the second half. So both teams do have a legitimate chance of winning this game when they play.

I should mention that the CPU legitimately beat me in the 2019 Championship, as I tied the game late after being down by about 17 at halftime, but the CPU was able to get the ball down the field in seconds and kick a winning FG. This All-Pro difficulty will find a way to beat me every once in a while, and I really don’t mind that since it adds a bit more realism to this franchise. There’s already too many blowouts for my liking during the regular season.

The Rosters

This is an alternative universe that split off in 2007, which means that every NFL team has managed themselves wildly different to how they have since. That means that every team is full of players that currently do not play for whom they do in real life. I will be going through the Vikings' entire roster to explain who is who and all of the time I've invested into these players.

One other note: the 2008, 2009, and 2010 drafts used fictional players, and since then I have used drafts full of real players. That means that all current NFL players who have 10-12 years of experience are fictional (I have a handful of them, you'll see). This also means that every player drafted since 2010 is now bumped 3 years down the road - which means this franchise's 2020 draft is actually the real NFL's 2017 class. We just drafted WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, while in real life he is in Year 3.

I will not be using a 90 man roster like in my Atticus Jenkins journals and no practice squads. That's how I started this franchise, so I will continue with Madden's usual 55 man rosters.

Other Notes

There is a salary cap in this league that I can control, but it’s not really much of a problem. The players demand so little amount of money that I can sign most players on bargain deals. I do try to keep my spending at a minimum (I can’t beat up on those poor CPU teams too much, right?), at least in free agency. Any player who gets an offer from the Vikings or Eagles is basically a lock to sign with us because of how good we are… but I do prefer to build my team through the draft.

I should also mention that I take control of all 32 teams at times to trim rosters and fix issues that might cause Madden 08 to crash. Stuff like teams hoarding punters and kickers, not signing free agents to fill in spots opened by injuries, and etc. I do my best to not screw over any team that I don't control even when it can be tempting (it's not my fault the Packers suck, I swear!).

Franchise Journal Plan

My plan for this franchise guide is to give the reader a peek in the midst of a long-running franchise that has previously never been seen by anyone other than myself. I am planning to report on every single game in the 2020 season, while detailing who's playing well, who isn't, and sharing some nerdy advanced stats that only I would bother to calculate. I will also be managing the Eagles as I always do, but I'll keep quiet on them.

So with all that out of the way... I have some introductions to make.

Get to Know the 2020 Vikings Roster - Part 1

QBs

QB Trey Smith
OVR: 99
Age / Exp: 32 / 11
Draft Pick: MIN 1st
Stats: Passing: 3467/34/12, Rushing: 27-153-3

Trey Smith is not only the QB who finally brought a Super Bowl to Minnesota, but he’s also created his own dynasty, winning the Super Bowl in the last 4 of 6 years. With most of the old QBs like Brady, Brees, and Big Ben retired, Smith is unquestionably the best QB in the league. He’s got a cannon for an arm, pinpoint accuracy, and a bit of a gunslinger mentality. He can scramble around decently, but he’s starting to get to the age where he isn’t as good as that as he used to be. Smith’s only weakness is injury, as he’s been prone to missing a few weeks every season (but that’s a Madden 08 issue, not a Smith issue). Smith is the Vikings’ key to winning year after year.

Trey Smith heaves a pass downfield after rolling out of the pocket

QB A.J. McCarron
OVR: 77
Age / Exp: 24 / 3
Draft Pick: MIN 4th

McCarron took over the backup role once past backup Boss Malone was traded to Dallas. A.J. has quality accuracy, but can be a bit of a statue in the pocket. The past 3 Vikings backup QBs have all gone on to become starters elsewhere (Joe Flacco to Rams, Jimmy Clausen to Jaguars, Boss Malone to Cowboys), so McCarron is in a pretty great spot. Though all three of those aforementioned QBs have struggled massively since becoming a starter...

QB Zach Mettenberger
OVR: 75
Age / Exp: 26 / 3
Draft Pick: DAL 6th

Mettenberger was acquired in the aforementioned Boss Malone trade. Zach has a big arm, but not much else. He’ll need to impress during the preseason and the preseasons to come if he wants to be a part of this team’s future plans.

HBs

HB Jordan Howard
OVR: 81
Age / Exp: 22 / 1
Draft Pick: MIN 3rd 2019
Stats: Rushing: 229-1208-12, Receiving: 18-144-3

With the famous Adrian Peterson and Shonn Greene duo moving on after the end of 2018, the backfield was up in the air. I prefer to wait for HBs in the draft, and Jordan proved why - Howard was an absolute beast in his rookie season, as he bowled over linebacker after linebacker and blew by safeties. He’s fast enough to break long runs, rarely fumbles, and even played well as a receiver. I found the Vikings’ franchise HB for the next 8+ seasons, and it only cost a 3rd round pick.

HB Giovani Bernard
OVR: 80
Age / Exp: 26 / 5
Draft Pick: ARZ 3rd
Stats: Rushing 80-381-3, Receiving 17-218-2

Bernard just finished his first season as a Viking, and you could call it a modest success statistically. However, Bernard was brought in to compete with Jordan Howard for the role of the lead back, and Howard won by a mile. Bernard is more of a receiving HB, but HB routes suck in Madden 08. Bernard has some work to do, or it’s possible he could find his way off the roster with 4 other HBs breathing down his neck.

HB Brandon Saine
OVR: 78
Age/exp: 28 / 6
Draft Pick: UDFA
Stats: Rushing 46-184-3; 977 kick return yards, 1 TD

You may not realize this, but UDFAs are incredibly rare in Madden, as there’s simply no way for players with low OVR to gain ground on higher-drafted prospects. The CPU teams certainly never develop any UDFAs. Saine was a mid-preseason pickup in his rookie year, as I needed a kick returner. Saine looked good there and filled the job, and it’s been his job for a good 5 seasons now. Plus, over the past couple years, Saine has started to improve as a HB, as he uses his breakaway speed to get extra yards. He’s not going to push the pile, but he’s a solid reserve and one of the NFL’s best kick returners - and I didn’t have to spend a draft pick on him!

HB Pat White
Age/Exp: 29 / 8
Draft Pick: WAS 5th
Stats: Passing: 167/2/0, Rushing 47-274-0

White is my go-go gadget player who can play any position - QB, HB, WR, punt returner, even FB. He’s basically what Taysom Hill is currently for the Saints… so yes, I did it first! White was a horrendous QB for the Redskins (3 Tds /21 ints ) and I moved him to HB. After a season where he spent the year on the bench for the Panthers, I opted to give White a shot as a 4th HB on the roster, and he ran with it. When things are getting boring and the Vikings are up 30-0 or something like that, I like to get creative and start putting White on the field. He’s a lock to show up somewhere in the box score, but you’ll never know where.

HB Aaron Jones
OVR: 70
Age/Exp: 23 / R
Draft Pick: MIN 7th

Jones is my 5th HB on the roster, which is pretty ridiculous for a 55 man roster, but I decided to take the best player left at the end of the 7th round. Jones obviously has his work cut out for him if he wishes to crack the roster, but you know what they say, HBs are replaceable. Jones could find himself swapping a role with another HB on the team, or he may end up being on the team’s emergency list after getting cut. (there are no practice squads here).

FBs

FB Peyton Hillis
OVR: 99
Age/Exp: 31 / 9
Draft Pick: MIN 7th
Stats: Rushing 27-153-0, Receiving: 12-157-2

Originally a HB, I moved Hillis to FB, and he then went on to be unquestionably the NFL’s best. He’s a downright frightening blocker who can take on basically any defender one on one. He’s famous for throwing multiple blocks on several drives. He’s faster than most FBs in the game, so this allows him to get to defenders quicker, which is Madden is of utmost importance. He’ll run the ball every once in a while, and while he isn’t going to blow by anybody, he’ll muster a 15-20 yard run out of nowhere a few times each season. He’s also a threat in the passing game since the CPU likes to not cover the FB on many passing plays.

WRs

WR Mike Wallace
OVR: 86
Age / Exp: 29 / 8
Draft Pick: MIN 2nd
2019 Stats: 53/857/7 69% catch, 3% drop

Wallace has been here his whole career, and he’s actually become a #1 WR unlike his real life counterpart with the Vikings. Wallace is a burner who can frequently beat CBs and Ss deep. Trey Smith’s cannon arm and pinpoint accuracy have made Wallace one of the NFL’s best WRs. He’s improved his catching skills and no longer struggles with drops. He’ll have a few games each season where he disappears from the box score, but when he has a good game, he’s taking at least one ball to the house, if not two. His only real weakness is injury, but the Vikings run the ball enough that Wallace won’t have many chances to get injured in the first place.

WR Dorial Green-Beckham
OVR: 80
Age / Exp: 24 / 2
Stats: 50/667/7 77% catch, 5% drop

DGB’s rookie season was a lost one, with just 8 catches, as on his final catch, he was crushed by a safety and broke a bone in his leg. Not only did he come back looking much better, but as the part-time 3rd WR, he completely and totally took #2 WR Eric Decker’s job away from him. Green-Beckham has a crazy speed-size combination, and now that he’s worked on his routes and has decent hands, he’s a major threat out there. He was very effective out of the slot, as nickel CBs and LBs that the CPU teams put on him could rarely cover him. Playing as the #2 WR on the outside is a more difficult task, but DGB should be up for the challenge.

DGB gets open near the sideline and makes a big catch

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster
OVR: 77
Age/Exp: 20 / R

I wasn’t planning on going WR with my first round pick, but when I saw Smith-Schuster was still available… I just had to take him. JuJu will slot in 3rd into a very deep group of WRs. I like having 3 WRs out on the field at once, so Smith-Schuster will get plenty of opportunities to make plays and catch plenty of passes. If all goes right, he should be this team’s #1 WR in a couple years.

WR Stefon Diggs
Age/Exp: 22 / 2
Stats: 20/282/4 53% catch, 19% drop

Diggs has not become the superstar he did in real life - instead, in this world, Diggs can’t figure out how to catch the ball. He gets open quite often, but I just can’t trust the guy. He’s in trouble now, as both JuJu Smith-Schuster and Riley Cooper are poised to be ahead of Diggs, making him 5th on the depth chart. He’s in trouble of spending a season on the bench.

WR Alex Erickson
OVR: 71
Age / Exp: 23 /1
Draft Pick: MIN 6th
Stats: 3/33/1

Erickson is a solid punt returner for the Bengals in the actual NFL, but punt returning in Madden 08 is brutally difficult and punt return TDs are virtually impossible. Erickson will need to have a good preseason to make the team.

WR Riley Cooper
OVR: 78
Draft Pick: TEN 4th
2019 Stats w/ Broncos: 37/468/4

Last season, my WR corps were a bit thin on talent, as my top 5 WRs were Wallace-Decker (now gone)-GreenBeckham-Diggs-Woods (also gone). Decker and Diggs were major disappointments, while Green-Beckham took a big step forward. Riley Cooper is my backup plan in case one of my top 3 WRs get hurt or regress from my expectations. Cooper is a big-bodied receiver who has decent track record. Right now, he’s slated to get more playing time than Diggs is. Cooper was a mediocre #2 WR in Denver last year, and he’s starting to age. He’s a bit of a wildcard for this offense.

That's all for now, folks! I'll be back soon with the rest of the roster introductions, and then we'll get onto the preseason! Leave comments if you wish!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

djp73
All-Pro

Re: Vikings 2020 - A Historic Franchise Journal

Postby djp73 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:42 am

how do you have all these guys that are so much younger than they really are?

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:33 am

Looks cool!!

What level/settings do you play on?
How do you play Pat White at QB if he is a HB now?
No signature needed.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:25 pm

Theov wrote:Looks cool!!

I guess sub packages OR the HB/WR pass plays that are scattered around the game.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:51 pm

djp73 wrote:how do you have all these guys that are so much younger than they really are?

He explains it in the first post under "The Roster" paragraph

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:37 pm

Theov wrote:Looks cool!!

All-Pro, and I'll share the sliders once I get to the first preseason game.

You can move HBs to QB on the depth chart, so I actually don't use him in specific packages, I just plug him in as the starting QB. And sometimes at WR, too.

cyclone2426 wrote:He explains it in the first post under "The Roster" paragraph

Yup:

ne other note: the 2008, 2009, and 2010 drafts used fictional players, and since then I have used drafts full of real players. That means that all current NFL players who have 10-12 years of experience are fictional (I have a handful of them, you'll see). This also means that every player drafted since 2010 is now bumped 3 years down the road - which means this franchise's 2020 draft is actually the real NFL's 2017 class. We just drafted WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, while in real life he is in Year 3.

I hadn't found what was originally Football-Freaks until my 4th season of this franchise, way back in 2010 or 2011, so I had no idea that custom draft classes could be imported into the game. That leaves this franchise with an awkward, yet unique 3 year gap.

djp73
All-Pro

Postby djp73 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:30 am

Sorry not sure how I missed that.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:03 pm

Get to Know the Vikings 2020 Roster Part 2:

TE Greg Olsen
OVR: 94
Age / Exp: 35 / 13
Draft Pick: CHI 1st
2019 Stats: 61/761/7 75% catch, 9% drop

Y’know how the Panthers traded for Olsen many years ago and he turned into a top tier TE once he got away from Chicago? I basically did the same thing in this franchise, and Olsen has become a fan favorite. He’s getting a bit old now, but Olsen has been a dangerous receiving TE who combined with Trey Smith’s strong and accurate arm, has proved to be lethal with teams that don’t have the best safeties and linebackers. He’s a decent blocker and won’t embarrass himself. Now that he’s starting to get into his mid 30s, I will have to start looking for a future solution soon… but I haven’t yet.

TE Joseph Fauria
Age / Exp: 26 / 4
Stats: 16/212/4 64% catch, 0% drop

The massive 6’ 7” Fauria was an UDFA who [in real life] had one outlier season for the Lions when he caught 7 TDs, and then vanished into irrelevance. I’m on my second season of Fauria as my backup since Jimmy Graham left town. Fauria has solid hands, but he’s pretty darn slow, so he’s mostly going to make contested catches. He’s especially good for using when he runs against undersized safeties or linebackers. He’s developed into a decent blocker, and has proven to be a solid replacement when Olsen isn’t on the field.

TE Orson Charles
Age / Exp: 27 / 5
Draft Pick: TEN 3rd
Stats: Receiving 4/26/0

Charles is a blocking TE who didn’t get many snaps this year. He’s slow and a non-factor as a receiving weapon. He won’t get used very much, unless Olsen gets hurt. He’s also Hillis’ backup at FB.

-- I calculated my own Pass busts/run busts to attempt to quantify the offensive line stats, since Madden only keeps track of Pancakes and Sacks Allowed, and many times the Sacks Allowed is assigned to the wrong player. --

LT Jack Conklin
OVR: 83
Age / Exp: 24 / 1
Stats: 11 Pass Busts, 16 Run Busts

Left tackle is a hard void to fill in Madden 08. I’ve tried all sorts of solutions there; I’ve moved guards to LT, tried rookies, tried proven vets, and they’re all mediocre. Last year I kicked the tires on trying another newby there. Conklin held up decently, though he definitely had his struggles. I’m going to let him have the job even if he struggles more, because I desperately need to develop a long term solution here.

LG Menelik Watson
OVR: 82
Age / Exp: 27 / 4
Draft Pick: BUF 2nd

Guard is probably the easiest position to fill in Madden. You can plug in any backup and they’ll be totally fine, most of the time. My LG for the past 4 seasons had been Jonathan Cooper, but he wanted a big contract now that he was an impending free agent. I chose having a flexible amount of cap room over being constrained the whole season. I even let G Justin Pugh leave, a 3rd round pick of mine who spent 4 years on the team and started 10+ games very well. I opted to find a cheaper solution.

Onto Watson - he has been the Bills’ starting RT for two seasons and has played very well. I found it to be curious that he was just sitting around in free agency in a league where good O-linemen are scarce. I picked him up on an affordable 2 year $6M deal and I’ll try him at LG. He’ll also make for a fine backup tackle, if need be. Watson should end up being quite the bargain signing.

C Tyrone Kelly
OVR: 94
Age / Exp: 33 / 10
Draft Pick: CLE 2nd
Stats: 4 pass busts, 3 run busts

Kelly has been a reliable center for a long time. I’d say he’s been my starting center for about 10 years now, and he’s a great pass protector and run blocker. I have nothing negative to say here, he should keep starting until he’s too old to play.

RG Mitch Petrus
OVR: 91
Age / Exp: 28 / 7
Draft Pick: MIN 3rd
Stats: 6 run busts, 6 pass busts

Mitch is my ace-in-the-hole guard. He’s been a stud ever since getting installed into the lineup. He’s played LG, LT, and RG so far. He didn’t quite do it at LT, but he’s one of the NFL’s best guards. He’s a run mauler who loves blowing holes open for my HBs.

RT Brett Franklin
OVR: 90
Age / Exp: 33 / 11
Draft Pick: NYJ 1st
Stats: 11 run busts, 11 pass busts

I’m not big on bringing in experience free agents to supplement my team, but Franklin was one of the few exceptions. I had some problems finding a long-term RT, so when Franklin hit free agency, I gave him the big bucks. The former Jet is a fictional player who has been a starter for quite a long time now. In his first season as a Viking, he went 14 games in a row without giving up a sack, which is incredibly impressive for Madden 08 standards.

RT Donald Stephenson
OVR: 76
Age / Exp: 28 / 5
Draft Pick: MIN 5th

Stephenson has yet to start an NFL game, but I’ve opted to keep him on the team for a full 5 years now. Back in 2018, the Giants tried to sign him away in Restricted Free Agency, but I accepted the 3 year deal they offered to him. Despite only getting playing time in blowouts, but he’s currently the top backup tackle on the team. Watson might also be the next man up at a spot tackle, though.

C Trai Turner
OVR: 76
Age / Exp: 23 / 3

I probably reached on Turner in the draft, as I’ve needed him to play just 3 games and his OVR isn’t great. I was planning on giving him a chance at the LG job, but Menelik Watson will probably have it all wrapped up. I’ll at least keep him as my backup center for the long run, since I’ve already invested a 2nd round pick into him.

G Isaac Asiata
OVR: 74
Draft Pick: MIN 3rd

I bolstered the Vikings’ O-line depth by spending a 3rd on Asiata, cousin of Matt Asiata. He was a 5th rounder in real life and has already washed out of the NFL, but that doesn’t mean he can’t become a good player in Madden 08. He’ll back up both guard spots.

T Brad Seaton
OVR: 70
Draft Pick: MIN 5th

Seaton is just a flier at this point, and he’ll need to prove his worth to nab a roster spot. There is some opportunity on the roster now that veteran Anthony Davis left the team in free agency, but it remains to be seen if Seaton will make the team in the first place.

Now for special teams:

K Roger Glenn
OVR: 96
Age / Exp: 33 / 12
Draft Pick: DET 2nd
Stats: 32 / 34 FG, 65 / 65 XP

Glenn is a very reliable kicker who will make 90%+ of his FGs. His max is about 55 yard long FGs. Since the Vikings win most of their games by 2+ possessions, Glenn doesn’t get to attempt clutch FGs very often.

P Josh Doe
OVR: 97
Age / Exp: 33 / 11
Draft Pick: HOU 4th
Stats: 46 punts for 1988 yards, 43.2 AVG, 4 touchbacks

The Vikings don’t punt a whole lot, averaging just under 3 a game, but when Doe does punt, he usually puts the other team back a ways. Punt coverage is always suffocating no matter the personnel you have, so a good punter is not important whatsoever.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:57 am

An idea for the future, but I think it would be useful to calculate "Pass Bust rate" (Pass Busts/Pass Attempts) and "Run Bust rate" (Run Busts/Rushing Attempts). I definitely was thinking about adding some advanced stats to my own franchises and those gave me a few ideas.

Also, is LT that hard to fill? I usually don't have much problem against the left side pass rush, even with mid 80s PBK, mid 80s STR Ts (Well ... holds ARE an issue. I guess AWR is keeping them alive) or sliding the protection the other way. Is the RT allowing speed rushers that gives me issues. Heck, at times I will slide the protection right just so that the RT definitely engages and I get time. The other position that gives me issues at times is C, which at times just let's a twisting DL/LB go through without blocking him at all.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:58 am

jose21crisis wrote:An idea for the future, but I think it would be useful to calculate "Pass Bust rate" (Pass Busts/Pass Attempts) and "Run Bust rate" (Run Busts/Rushing Attempts). I definitely was thinking about adding some advanced stats to my own franchises and those gave me a few ideas.

Also, is LT that hard to fill? I usually don't have much problem against the left side pass rush, even with mid 80s PBK, mid 80s STR Ts (Well ... holds ARE an issue. I guess AWR is keeping them alive) or sliding the protection the other way. Is the RT allowing speed rushers that gives me issues. Heck, at times I will slide the protection right just so that the RT definitely engages and I get time. The other position that gives me issues at times is C, which at times just let's a twisting DL/LB go through without blocking him at all.

Hmm, that would make sense, I just considered them "per game" stats, but I suppose for more accuracy it would make sense to do it per play.

In most of my franchises, LT has been hard to fill. RTs are usually worse, though. PBL/RBL don't seem to affect anything.

Return to “Madden Journals”