Madden NFL 08: Super Bowl XLII-∞

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:22 pm

I cancelled my Cowboys franchise due to boredom. In this franchise I will sim the entire season only taking control of the Patriots (because I have to control at least 1 team). I will sim the Preseason and look at the results before advancing. After that, I will sim every 4 weeks and look at rosters, scores, players, etc. The only game I will play is the Super Bowl. I tested this out a couple days ago, and the Rams vs Colts was the first 5 Super Bowls (Rams won every single time). Let’s see if we can get different results this time. I will use calhoupe’s scripts only for the Windowed Mode (otherwise my computer will randomly shut down). I will also use all Madden generated “things”, like Free Agent Signing (will let CPU do this) and Drafting (also CPU). No mods will be used, except for pick6’s TrueTurf mod for the Out-Of-Bounds/Sideline “fix”. This time, I will also take screenshots. First season kicks off in a couple hours. Thanks for reading and enjoy the show!

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Madden NFL 08: Super Bowl XLII-∞

Postby RevanFan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:11 pm

Nothing with computers is random. If you're having unexpected shutdowns, some of your hardware may be overheating. The next time you run Madden or another game, you may want to use a program like HWMonitor or Speccy to monitor your temperatures. Additionally, you may want to check the CPU heat sink to make sure it's correctly situated, as well as clean the dust out of any fans and make sure they're all working correctly. If a computer shuts off like that, I find it tends to be either the CPU heat sink or the power supply.

Anyway, I'll be reading.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:36 pm

sarcasticface wrote:I cancelled my Cowboys franchise due to boredom. In this franchise I will sim the entire season only taking control of the Patriots (because I have to control at least 1 team). I will sim the Preseason and look at the results before advancing. After that, I will sim every 4 weeks and look at rosters, scores, players, etc. The only game I will play is the Super Bowl. I tested this out a couple days ago, and the Rams vs Colts was the first 5 Super Bowls (Rams won every single time). Let’s see if we can get different results this time. I will use calhoupe’s scripts only for the Windowed Mode (otherwise my computer will randomly shut down). I will also use all Madden generated “things”, like Free Agent Signing (will let CPU do this) and Drafting (also CPU). No mods will be used, except for pick6’s TrueTurf mod for the Out-Of-Bounds/Sideline “fix”. This time, I will also take screenshots. First season kicks off in a couple hours. Thanks for reading and enjoy the show!

Are you planning on letting the CPU draft for your team as well? If so, quoting Bette Davis, "Hang on boys, its going to be a bumpy ride". ;)
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:42 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:I cancelled my Cowboys franchise due to boredom. In this franchise I will sim the entire season only taking control of the Patriots (because I have to control at least 1 team). I will sim the Preseason and look at the results before advancing. After that, I will sim every 4 weeks and look at rosters, scores, players, etc. The only game I will play is the Super Bowl. I tested this out a couple days ago, and the Rams vs Colts was the first 5 Super Bowls (Rams won every single time). Let’s see if we can get different results this time. I will use calhoupe’s scripts only for the Windowed Mode (otherwise my computer will randomly shut down). I will also use all Madden generated “things”, like Free Agent Signing (will let CPU do this) and Drafting (also CPU). No mods will be used, except for pick6’s TrueTurf mod for the Out-Of-Bounds/Sideline “fix”. This time, I will also take screenshots. First season kicks off in a couple hours. Thanks for reading and enjoy the show!

Are you planning on letting the CPU draft for your team as well? If so, quoting Bette Davis, "Hang on boys, its going to be a bumpy ride". ;)

Yep, CPU do everything.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:05 pm

So, about this. I'm actually going to just "replay" the Super Bowls from XLII-LII (maybe LIII). Using the right mods when the right game comes. First game in a couple weeks.

Return to “Madden Journals”