Kriegsmarine – New England Patriots

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
cyclone2426
All-Pro

Re: Kriegsmarine – New England Patriots

Postby cyclone2426 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:16 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:I'd like to know as well. The DC's have a cool look.

Wouldn't be hard to recreate in Photoshop or any other image editing program for that matter. Its just text over a semi transparent logo, you might even be able to do that in Word.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kriegsmarine
All-Pro

Postby Kriegsmarine » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:31 pm

RevanFan wrote:Your defensive depth chart only lists 10 starters on defense.

Shit, you're right. Side effect of New England's big nickel; I'm generally only starting two linebackers with Patrick Chung in the LOLB spot and Devin McCourty shifting over to SS.

jose21crisis wrote:So Rex Burkhead is the starting HB? Neat. He hasn't performed to my own standards in my franchise (Well, I'm putting the pressure of converting on third downs on him), so hopefully he gets the job done here. So, Danny is out but Julian is back. I'd rather have a great wide receiver that might throw the football than a slot receiver than, while good, is ... well ... a slot receiver. Danny's no Wes Welker all right.

Also, let's see if James Harrison likes to ride the bench again.

Inasmuch as I have a "starting HB", yes. He's the most versatile RB on the roster, being a decent runner and good at catching the ball. And best of all, he doesn't want $17m/year like some RBs. ;) James White is my third down back, since he's much more of a pure receiving back. As for James Harrison, he doesn't really ride the bench. He's a stand-up rusher in my 1-5-5 Prowl look and an edge defender in my "bear" front (aka a 3-4 with bigger guys on the outside). He even sacked Russell Wilson in my opening game against Seattle.

jose21crisis wrote:Good thing he's still on the team. Cutting him would be like cutting Adam Vinatieri (or Chris Boswell. I'm looking at you Pittsburgh). You don't cut a guy that puts half the points of the season and comes through in the clutch.

Who are the OLBs and the MLBs of the team?

And, if you need help with the playbooks (For the Big Nickel packages or offensive playbooks), tell me and I can get you a playbook with the adjustments you need.

ROLB: Kyle Van Noy, James Harrison

MLB: Dont'a Hightower, Elandon Roberts

LOLB: (Patrick Chung), Rashaan Evans, Marquis Flowers

I actually switched to the Baltimore playbook based on your research since I wanted a 4-3 which the Jets playbook doesn't have, so I'm really all set when it comes to defense. Did you end up making an offensive playbook for New England that I could try out?

RevanFan wrote:Also, how do you make your depth charts? I like the look.

madden07eurocat wrote:I'd like to know as well. The DC's have a cool look.
Like I said, go Burkhead! :)

cyclone2426 wrote:Wouldn't be hard to recreate in Photoshop or any other image editing program for that matter. Its just text over a semi transparent logo, you might even be able to do that in Word.

Photoshop is correct, but I reckon you could do it in GIMP as well. My templates have the Pats logo already, but it would be super easy for someone to just replace that with whatever logo they want. I use 15% opacity on it, but you may have to tweak that depending on the logo. I already have all team logos saved, so I'll just zip all of it and attach it here if anyone wants to have a gander. Feel free to use them to your heart's extent, should you want to.
Attachments
Depth Chart Templates.7z
(3.82 MiB) Downloaded 70 times

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:16 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:So Rex Burkhead is the starting HB? Neat. He hasn't performed to my own standards in my franchise (Well, I'm putting the pressure of converting on third downs on him), so hopefully he gets the job done here. So, Danny is out but Julian is back. I'd rather have a great wide receiver that might throw the football than a slot receiver than, while good, is ... well ... a slot receiver. Danny's no Wes Welker all right.

Also, let's see if James Harrison likes to ride the bench again.

Inasmuch as I have a "starting HB", yes. He's the most versatile RB on the roster, being a decent runner and good at catching the ball. And best of all, he doesn't want $17m/year like some RBs. ;) James White is my third down back, since he's much more of a pure receiving back. As for James Harrison, he doesn't really ride the bench. He's a stand-up rusher in my 1-5-5 Prowl look and an edge defender in my "bear" front (aka a 3-4 with bigger guys on the outside). He even sacked Russell Wilson in my opening game against Seattle.

Welp, Le'Veon Bell is going to strap me for cash when his contract ends ... after he crosses the 30 year mark. Nice thing James Harrison is having some playing time. Offensive Tackles and Guards will have fits trying to stop him.

Kriegsmarine wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:Good thing he's still on the team. Cutting him would be like cutting Adam Vinatieri (or Chris Boswell. I'm looking at you Pittsburgh). You don't cut a guy that puts half the points of the season and comes through in the clutch.

Who are the OLBs and the MLBs of the team?

And, if you need help with the playbooks (For the Big Nickel packages or offensive playbooks), tell me and I can get you a playbook with the adjustments you need.

ROLB: Kyle Van Noy, James Harrison

MLB: Dont'a Hightower, Elandon Roberts

LOLB: (Patrick Chung), Rashaan Evans, Marquis Flowers

I actually switched to the Baltimore playbook based on your research since I wanted a 4-3 which the Jets playbook doesn't have, so I'm really all set when it comes to defense. Did you end up making an offensive playbook for New England that I could try out?

Yep, I attached it. Starting from the base Patriots playbook, I added a Singleback - Bunch set (Called Bunch Ace), a Singleback - Twin TE WR (Wing Slot), a Shotgun Split Backfield, with your starting running back ready to run and Gronk coming out of the back field. There is also a Shotgun - Slot Strong (Y-Off Trips), a Weak I set and Shotgun - Trips Bunch. I also changed the name of the formations and added a few to the Trips Y-Flex. Y-Trail, which is the end zone fade I use a lot (Practice this one a bit to get the timing down), a Curl/Flats route combo and a Quick Punt (Brady won't kick it farther than 20 yards though. His Kick Power is not that great). The one Singleback Empty set has the starting RB in the slot by default, and both Shotgun Empty sets have Gronk on the slot by default as well.
Attachments
PatriotsOv3.pbo
(208.49 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Kriegsmarine
All-Pro

Postby Kriegsmarine » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:30 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Yep, I attached it. Starting from the base Patriots playbook, I added a Singleback - Bunch set (Called Bunch Ace), a Singleback - Twin TE WR (Wing Slot), a Shotgun Split Backfield, with your starting running back ready to run and Gronk coming out of the back field. There is also a Shotgun - Slot Strong (Y-Off Trips), a Weak I set and Shotgun - Trips Bunch. I also changed the name of the formations and added a few to the Trips Y-Flex. Y-Trail, which is the end zone fade I use a lot (Practice this one a bit to get the timing down), a Curl/Flats route combo and a Quick Punt (Brady won't kick it farther than 20 yards though. His Kick Power is not that great). The one Singleback Empty set has the starting RB in the slot by default, and both Shotgun Empty sets have Gronk on the slot by default as well.

Cool, I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

Kriegsmarine
All-Pro

Postby Kriegsmarine » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Previous Posts
2017 Depth Charts
2017 Week 1 - Chiefs at Patriots
2017 Week 2 - Patriots at Saints
2018 Off-Season - Draft
2018 Off-Season - Post-Draft
2018 Depth Charts

New England faced Seattle in their first game of the 2018 regular season. The game was an offensive masterpiece from both teams, who scored a combined total of 46 points in the first half alone. Seattle QB Russell Wilson opened the game with a 46 yard touchdown pass to former Patriots TE Benjamin Watson on their very first drive. New England came back with a TD of their own on the next drive as Tom Brady connected with receiver Julian Edelman in the endzone from Seattle's 10 yard line. A third down sack by James Harrison followed by a shanked punt gave the Patriots possession in Seattle's half. Brady connected with WR Jordan Matthews on a deep pass which Matthews took for another six yards before being brought down on the 1 yard line. Rex Burkhead gave New England the lead going into the second quarter with a short run.

Left: Julian Edelman makes a TD catch — Middle: James Harrison sacks Russell Wilson — Right: Jordan Matthews breaks a tackle

The Patriots defense held Seattle to a field goal on their first play of the second quarter. A later drive saw the Seahawks march down the field for 81 yards, ending with a six yard pass to tight end Levine Toilolo, but the extra point attempt was unsuccessful. An intended gadget play saw Patriots WR Cordarrelle Patterson line up in the backfield of a 3 TE set, but Brady audibled at the line of scrimmage and put it in the hands of TE Will Tye, who was left wide open on a short route over the middle. Some excellent blocking from fellow TE Jake Hollister meant that Tye could run with the ball all the way into the endzone, although Stephen Gostkowski missed the extra point.

New England held Seattle to another field goal, but failed to make anything happen on their next drive. A massive hit by LB Dont'a Hightower saw the ball pop out of Tyler Lockett's hands and Jason McCourty scooped it up, running with it all the way into the endzone, making the score 27-19 to the Patriots with 0:12 on the clock. The third quarter was less intense as both teams had made defensive adjustments in the locker room. New England managed to score two field goals and despite Seattle rounding out the period with another TD by Levine Toilolo, the Patriots still had a touchdown lead going into the final period.

A 17 play drive for 84 yards by New England saw them take control of the clock entirely, capping it off with a field goal. Seattle had eight minutes to put ten points on the board, and after scoring a 44 yard field goal on the next drive, their objective did not look impossible. Indeed, it looked like they would force a three-and-out as they stopped their opponents on 3rd and two, but offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels rushed his offense back to the line of scrimmage despite being well inside their own half on fourth down. What looked like a short yardage run turned into a big play as Seattle took the bait, moving both safeties into the box. Patriots WR Malcolm Mitchell beat his corner on a go route and caught the ball, getting into the endzone on a 63 yard pass that effectively sealed the game. A final field goal by Gostkowski truly nailed the coffin shut as New England came away with a 46-29 win.

The Patriot of the Week award goes to quarterback Tom Brady, who threw for nearly 400 yards and three touchdowns with a 70% completion rate. An honorable mention goes to LB Dont'a Hightower, who made nine tackles and forced two fumbles.

Left: Rookie safety Ronnie Harrison prevents a big play — Right: Gronk turns to make a crucial third-down catch

Code: Select all

Madden NFL 08 PC v0.0 Game Log - Patriots at Seahawks
Game Time: Thu Apr 12 01:13:50 2018
Skill Level: All Pro
Quarter Length: 12 minute(s)

Slider                         Human   CPU
QB Accuracy                       40    50
Pass Blocking                     50    50
Receiver Catching                 50    50
Running Ability                   60    65
Offensive line Run Blocking       40    40
Defensive Awareness               40    81
Defensive line Knockdowns         40    99
Interceptions                     10     1
Defensive Break Blocks             9     9
Tackling                          29    29
Fieldgoal Length                  57    57
Fieldgoal Accuracy                56    56
Punt Length                       56    56
Punt Accuracy                     56    56
Kickoff Length                    66    66

Weather
Forecast: Fair
Wind: 2 mph
Temp: 61 degrees

Team               Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   OT      FINAL
Patriots           14   13    6   13    0         46
Seahawks            7   12    7    3    0         29

Game Statistics:                 Patriots   Seahawks
First Downs                            19         13
Third Down Conversions                  8          8
Third Downs                            15         13
Third Down Percentage               53.3%      61.5%
Fourth Down Conversions                 2          0
Fourth Downs                            2          0
Fourth Down Percentage             100.0%       0.0%
Two Pt Conversions Made                 0          0
Two Pt Conversions Attempted            0          0
Two Pt Conversion Percentage         0.0%       0.0%
Offense Redzone Num                     6          2
Offense Redzone TDs                     2          2
Offense Redzone FGs                     4          0
Offense Redzone Percentage         100.0%     100.0%
Rushing Attempts                       24         28
Rushing Yards                          98         91
Rushing Average                       4.1        3.3
Rushing TDs                             1          0
Passing Yards                         381        307
Passing Completions                    29         17
Passing Attempts                       41         26
Completion Percentage               70.7%      65.4%
Passing Average                       9.3       11.8
Passing TDs                             3          3
Offensive Pass Interceptions            1          2
TOTAL OFFENSE                         479        398
Defensive Pass Interceptions            2          1
Punt Return Yards                       8          2
Kick Return Yards                      99        180
Punts                                   1          2
Punt Avg                             33.0       30.0
Fumbles                                 1          3
Fumbles Lost                            0          1
Penalties                               3          3
Penalty Yds                            30         23
Turnovers                               1          3
TIME OF POSSESSION                  28:48      19:12

Individual Stats: Seahawks
PASSING                        CMP  ATT  YDS  PCT   YPA SACK   TD  INT LONG RATING
Russell Wilson                  17   26  316   65  12.1    3    3    2   76  113.5

RUSHING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD  FUM
Russell Wilson                   8   50   6.2   12    0    1
Jeremy Hill                     17   43   2.5    9    0    0
Ronald Jones II                  2    1   0.5    2    0    0
Tyler Lockett                    1   -3  -3.0    0    0    2

RECEIVING                      REC  YDS   AVG LONG   TD DROP  YAC
Benjamin Watson                  4   94  23.5   46    1    0    9
Paul Richardson                  5   78  15.5   34    0    0   13
Doug Baldwin                     1   76  76.0   76    0    2   61
Amara Darboh                     3   44  14.6   35    0    0    2
Tanner McEvoy                    1    9   9.0    9    0    0    1
Levine Toilolo                   2    8   4.0    6    2    0    0
Tyler Lockett                    1    7   7.0    7    0    0    0

KICKING                        FGM  FGA  PCT FGSBLOCKED  XPA  XPM  PCT XPSBLOCKED KICKOFFS TOUCHBACKS
Jon Ryan                         2    2  100          0    1    1  100          0        0          0
Jason Myers                      1    1  100          0    2    1   50          0        1          0
Brad Nortman                     0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        3          0

PUNTING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG BLOCKS IN20 TOUCHBACKS
Brad Nortman                     2   60  30.0   31      0    0          0

KICK RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG   TD LONG
Earl Thomas III                  1   23  23.0    0   23
Tyler Lockett                    8  157  19.6    0   40

PUNT RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD
Tyler Lockett                    1    2   2.0    2    0
Earl Thomas III                  0    0   0.0    0    0

DEFENSE                        TOT LOSS SACK   FF FREC  YDS   TD  INT  RET   AVG DEFLECTIONS SAFETIES CTH ALLOW BIG HITS
Earl Thomas III                  8    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         2        0
Bobby Wagner                     7    1    0    1    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         3        0
K. J. Wright                     6    1    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           2        0         4        0
Kam Chancellor                   5    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0
Jarran Reed                      5    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Nazair Jones                     3    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Cliff Avril                      3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Frank Clark                      3    0    2    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Nick Bellore                     3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Byron Maxwell                    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    1   16  16.0           1        0         0        0
Michael Wilhoite                 2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Donte Jackson                    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         2        0
Russell Wilson                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Shaquem Griffin                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Doug Baldwin                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Shaquill Griffin                 1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         7        0

BLOCKING                      PANCAKES SACKS ALLOWED
Benjamin Watson                      4             0
Germain Ifedi                        3             1
Levine Toilolo                       3             0
Doug Baldwin                         3             0
Mike McGlinchey                      3             0
Justin Pugh                          3             1
Justin Britt                         2             0
Denver Kirkland                      2             0
Tyler Lockett                        1             0

Individual Stats: Patriots
PASSING                        CMP  ATT  YDS  PCT   YPA SACK   TD  INT LONG RATING
Tom Brady                       29   41  399   70   9.7    4    3    1   63  115.8

RUSHING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD  FUM
Rex Burkhead                    12   58   4.8   17    1    0
Cordarrelle Patterson            2   21  10.5   13    0    0
Jacob Hollister                  1   12  12.0   12    0    0
Akrum Wadley                     6   10   1.6    4    0    1
Tom Brady                        3   -3  -1.0    0    0    0

RECEIVING                      REC  YDS   AVG LONG   TD DROP  YAC
Malcolm Mitchell                 3   85  28.3   63    1    2   40
Phillip Dorsett                  2   62  31.0   39    0    0    2
Rob Gronkowski                   6   60  10.0   17    0    1    9
Chris Hogan                      3   38  12.6   23    0    1    7
Jordan Matthews                  1   35  35.0   35    0    1    6
Julian Edelman                   4   34   8.5   13    1    0   16
Jacob Hollister                  3   30  10.0   15    0    0   25
Will Tye                         1   26  26.0   26    1    0   20
Rex Burkhead                     4   25   6.2    9    0    0   10
Cordarrelle Patterson            2    4   2.0    4    0    1    9

KICKING                        FGM  FGA  PCT FGSBLOCKED  XPA  XPM  PCT XPSBLOCKED KICKOFFS TOUCHBACKS
Stephen Gostkowski               4    5   80          0    5    4   80          0       10          1

PUNTING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG BLOCKS IN20 TOUCHBACKS
Ryan Allen                       1   33  33.0   33      0    1          0

KICK RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG   TD LONG
Cordarrelle Patterson            4   99  24.7    0   29
Cyrus Jones                      0    0   0.0    0    0

PUNT RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD
Cyrus Jones                      1    8   8.0    8    0
Cordarrelle Patterson            0    0   0.0    0    0

DEFENSE                        TOT LOSS SACK   FF FREC  YDS   TD  INT  RET   AVG DEFLECTIONS SAFETIES CTH ALLOW BIG HITS
Dont'a Hightower                 9    0    0    2    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Duron Harmon                     7    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Trey Flowers                     5    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Jason McCourty                   5    0    1    0    1   54    1    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Devin McCourty                   3    0    0    0    0    0    0    1   16  16.0           0        0         1        0
Jonathan Jones                   3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Kyle Van Noy                     2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0
Derek Rivers                     2    0    0    1    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Elandon Roberts                  2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Patrick Chung                    2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Stephon Gilmore                  2    0    0    0    0    0    0    1   27  27.0           1        0         1        0
Malcom Brown                     2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Marquis Flowers                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Adam Butler                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Akrum Wadley                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Matthew Slater                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Deatrich Wise Jr.                1    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
James Develin                    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Ronnie Harrison                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0
Lawrence Guy                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Cyrus Jones                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
James Harrison                   1    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Nate Ebner                       1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Julian Edelman                   0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Eric Rowe                        0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

BLOCKING                      PANCAKES SACKS ALLOWED
Rob Gronkowski                       6             0
Joe Thuney                           4             2
Kolton Miller                        4             0
Marcus Cannon                        3             2
James Develin                        2             0
Malcolm Mitchell                     1             0
David Andrews                        1             0
Shaq Mason                           1             0
Will Tye                             1             0

Game Log Ends
------------------------------------------------------------

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Definitely doing something right when you hang 46 points on the Seachickens!
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Kriegsmarine
All-Pro

Postby Kriegsmarine » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:27 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:Definitely doing something right when you hang 46 points on the Seachickens!

I kinda screwed up, because I set the game to 12 minute quarters for the Super Bowl and forgot to switch back to 8, but I'll take it. ;)

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Well, that's what happens when the Legion Of Boom starts the age.

Codarrelle Patterson had carries? Did he lined up in the backfield? End Arounds? Reverses?
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

Kriegsmarine
All-Pro

Postby Kriegsmarine » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:47 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Well, that's what happens when the Legion Of Boom starts the age.

Codarrelle Patterson had carries? Did he lined up in the backfield? End Arounds? Reverses?

James White is out with a broken wrist, so Patterson has seen snaps as my third down back. I tried out the Pats playbook you made, and it's very neat but when I use it, the interface things listing audibles and formations disappear. Do you know if this fixable or is that just the case for all custom playbooks?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:Well, that's what happens when the Legion Of Boom starts the age.

James White is out with a broken wrist, so Patterson has seen snaps as my third down back. I tried out the Pats playbook you made, and it's very neat but when I use it, the interface things listing audibles and formations disappear. Do you know if this fixable or is that just the case for all custom playbooks?

Is a thing with the custom playbooks. To fix it, you would have to replace a playbook in the Gamedata.dat file with the custom playbook. You could replace New England's, but I think the Steelers use that one so you would have to give them some other playbook. I could work on something to fix that later, a Gamedata.dat filled with custom playbooks. Not sure if I'll ever do it.
Semper fi

Return to “Madden Journals”