Nick Finch: High School to Pros

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
grabursock55
MVP

Re: Nick Finch: High School to Pros

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:39 am

2031 Season
Nick is 31 years old, 3rd year in the NFL. In year 3 of 3 with the Patriots

Nick was bumped back to #2 on the depth chart, improving his awareness while learning how to cope with losing a step of speed, or maybe not having the arm strength he used to have. Nick did get some playing time, but didnt perform well. He did not have a start in the 2031 season

2031 Stats
313 Pass Yds, 0 TD, 4 INT, 20 - 53, 8 Rush yds, 2 att

Greg Finch, Nicks son turned 3, and enjoys tossing the football and baseball with his father. Sarah Finch, appears to be pregnant again! Nick has also begun the Nick Finch QB clinic held annually at Bloomsburg University in Central Pennsylvania. in its first year, it has attracted 20 High School QB Prospects from across the state of PA. It is a 1 day camp. The players seemed to have a good time. Is he getting ready for retirement?
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

Sponsor

Sponsor

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:57 am

2032 offseason...

Sitting in the living room of the vacation home in PA with my mom was always a great way to unwind. I was a free agent. I was keeping in shape, but not fully expecting to play next season. While mom went in the kitchen to make a cup of tea, my mind instantly became preoccupied with thoughts of football... As usual. I thought about going to Aquatova to resume my career there - one last season to go out with a bang. Maybe I could even get back on my hometown Bombers team. That would be great! Oh, except I would have to fly my pregnant wife and 3 year old son halfway across the world and move all of our belongings... Hmmm... maybe I dont want to do a farewell tour in Aquatova... In typical fashion, I fell drifted off into a nap laying on the sofa, with the screendoor letting in the warm June air and the sound of the windchimes on the porch.

"...play football..." I heard while i started to regain my grip on consciousness. But it wasnt a voice I was familiar with. I peeked out the door to see a man in a Steelers Jacket speaking with my mother just a few feet from where I was sleeping. I assumed it was one of the neighbors just wanting to talk football with me, so I woke myself up and introduced myself. The man, who was about 5'10, a bit older and slight, looked at me and said "Nick, I heard you might be here. I'm Jim Jones with the Pittsburgh Steelers and I was hoping to talk to you just a bit."

"Nick, I'm going to be honest. We have a great starting QB, and our backup, well, he is inconsistent. We know you have the championship spirit, we know you have been around. our QB room is getting old, I think that you have the right mix of youth, and experience to help our team. I could you being an old-school player coach for Pittsburgh. Lets talk more after you get a chance to think about it. But here is an offer we can make to you...

I guess I found a new home. In the same state as my family!
Attachments
2032 Finch Signed to Pitt.png
2032 Finch Signed to Pitt.png (26.59 KiB) Viewed 1592 times

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:54 pm

2032 Season
Nick is 32 years old
Year 1 with Pittsburgh Steelers.

3rd on Depth Chart.
65.2 QBR, 89 Pass Yds, 1 TD, 0 INT
Nick had 0 starts

In a shocking move, Pittsburgh elects to cut Nick after just 1 season. The NFL can be a cold place.
Nick is a free agent once more

Greg Finch is now 4 years old and in preschool.
Sarah Finch gives birth to another son, Landon in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.

Nick operates his QB camp in Central PA again. His time in Pittsburgh a few hours from camp has stirred up some more interest, this year pulling in 40 HS QBs from across Pennsylvania.

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:17 pm

2033 OffSeason:
Nick is Surprisingly picked up in Free agency by the Chicago Bears!

Good News and bad news... The good news, Nick is #2 on the depth chart, and his NFL journey continues.

Bad News: The Bears are awful. They havent had a winning season in a decade. Buck up, Finch Fans.

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:08 pm

Here is a continuation...
Planning on updating it as I have time- hard to do with 1 year old twins though lol

https://youtu.be/LxkA8RLKjps

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:07 am

Great content man, I liked it!!

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:43 am

achernar wrote:Great content man, I liked it!!

Thanks! I'm working on getting all the different strands of this dynasty together and in sync. It's taken a lot of turns over the 7 years I have been running my fictional leagues, but I'm glad I finally settled on a good way of documenting it.

I'm hoping to keep the videos shorter to try to get more progression in in less time. I have always been more interested in overall progression more so than each individual game in a season.

Anyway, thanks so much for the like! I hope you continue watching!

Return to “Madden Journals”