Cleveland Browns: A True Return to Glory

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:01 pm

I got started on the season before I decided to make this journal, so I decided to wait until we were halfway finished with the season to start so I can create a prologue.

The rules are:

-All-Pro/Pro (Because there are games where the CPU turns into God and can't be tackled/finds the tiniest hole to slip through, and Pro gives me the best, most challenging/fair games with Moonbax's sliders)
-7 minute quarters
-Calhoupe's new NFL rules
-Moonbax's sliders
-FF XVI mod

With all that in mind, it's time to dive in.

Prologue

After an ailing 2015 season, Jimmy Haslam, the owner of the Browns organization, decided to sell the franchise to Cornelius Harrison, former NFL running back and Hall of Famer. This move sparked something in the Browns players. Finally they were given an owner who truly cared about their team.

Harrison liked what he saw in his current coaching staff. In a press conference on May 17th, 2016, 3 days after he purchased the team. He was asked about the potential he sees in the squad.

"Any team has the potential to do great things. It all depends on execution. I believe that we can make the right moves and get this franchise back to glory, No matter what hardships we face," he stated. "I'm excited to see what we can do with these coaches, especially Jackson. Jackson knows what he's doing, he's got experience, I believe he's the best coach out there to lead this team."

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Re: Cleveland Browns: A True Return to Glory

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:13 pm

Fast forward eight weeks into the regular season. The Browns are 7-1. They've taken the league by storm with a running game so astounding that it has been compared to the likes of Adrian Peterson in 2012, and even the great Jim Brown. Their dual rushing attack of Isaiah Crowell and Duke Johnson is the NFL's best, leading the NFL in rushing yards. Isaiah Crowell, the team's running back, says that head coach Hue Jackson is responsible for this amazing comeback.

With a one-on-one interview with The Plain Dealer, Cleveland's newspaper, Crowell says, "On the day of our first training camp, Hue gathers us around on the sideline and gives us the most motivating speech we've ever heard."
"Now before we get into this camp and kick off another year of hard work, I want to tell all of you something important. I don't care about the bad history of this team. I don't care about the ridicule we get from opposing fans. I don't care about the disappointment our fans have faced since 1999. All of that is nothing to me. The only thing I care about is making this franchise great. That's what I came here to do. I don't care how long it takes, but we're going to turn this ship around, we're gonna give it all we've got, we're gonna fight to the final whistle. We're going to live up to our expectations. We're gonna make the city of Cleveland proud.", in the exact words of Jackson.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:00 pm

Postgame & Preparation for Cowboys vs. Browns

The Plain Dealer, Sports Section:
-Browns Roll over Jets 59-14
-Isaiah Crowell Rushes for 201 Yards, reaches 1000 yards
-Cowboys vs. Browns predictions

Jets vs. Browns Recap
The lowly 2-5 Jets couldn't get anything going during their matchup with the 6-1 powerhouse Browns. Geno Smith threw for the Jets only two touchdowns, but with 5 interceptions. On the Browns side, however, they were riding high. Capitalizing off of the 5 interceptions thrown by Smith, Cody Kessler threw for less than 200 yards but threw a career-high 6 touchdowns, with two each to Gary Barnidge and Andrew Hawkins. The Browns take on the 4-3 Cowboys at home next week.

Isaiah Crowell's HUGE Day, Leads NFL In Rushing
Isaiah has become an unstoppable monster. Rushing for 201 yards on only 17 carries, he completely abused the Jets defense. This game now has him sitting comfortable atop the number one spot for rushing yards this season. He's expected to win the rushing title. One could even consider him in the running for MVP!

Cowboys vs. Browns Predictions
The Browns have a bit of a challenge ahead of them with the 4-3 Cowboys. We've asked for game picks from SB nation writers at "Dawgs By Nature" and "Blogging the Boys".

Picks from DBN

Chris Pokorny: With the Browns current momentum, this one should be a W for the Dawgs. Romo and Prescott are questionable/doubtful for the game, which leaves....the Sanchize, Mark Sanchez. 30-17 Browns.

Jon Stinchcomb: I agree with Chris, although I say the margin of victory depends on who's starting for the 'Boys. If Ezekiel Elliot makes a huge impact with Prescott starting, we could have a close game. 27-21 Browns.

Picks from BTB

Tom Ryle: The Cowboys won't make it through this one. The defense will be able to stop the run, but with the NFL's 13th best pass defense, Kessler will take advantage. 24-33 Browns.

Michael Sisemore: I've got faith that 'Zeke will light up the Browns #1 ranked defense, and carry them to a win. We saw what Matt Forte did early in the Browns-Jets game. I feel that Elliot will make a bigger impact early on and put them ahead for good. 21-13 Cowboys.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:12 pm

Cowboys @ Browns

Strategy
Offense: Establish the run early on. Wear out their supreme defense and give them a hard time.
Defense: Heavy blitzing. Force Romo to get the ball out quickly. Our secondary should be set up for this.

Postgame Report

Recap:

The Browns strike quick on a 29 yard TD run, but Cody Parkey misses the extra point. These would be the only points of the first quarter. Second quarter, Cowboys drive the ball downfield but are stopped by the dominant Browns D, and are forced to settle for a field goal.
On the kickoff, the first major play of the game happens. Corey Coleman fumbles on the kickoff and gives the 'Boys prime position to take the lead. But the Dawgs' defense comes through and forces another field goal. With :45 seconds remaining in the first half, Kessler makes it his job to drive the Brownies downfield for a field goal to end the half, leading 6-9.

Second half starts with a bang. A three-and-out leads to another Browns TD, putting them up 16-6.
Fourth quarter arrives, and there's not much going on but defense, until a late rushing TD by Romo puts them back in it, trailing 13-16. But on the ensuing onside kick, it goes too far and too high, and the Browns outlast the Cowboys, 16-13.

Postgame Interviews

Frank Gerton: With the defeat of the Cowboys today, your team sits at 8-1. Are you already thinking Super Bowl?
Hue Jackson: The Super Bowl is the last thing on my mind. I'm focused on whatever game is coming up. I tell my players that we shouldn't look far ahead like that, or else you won't see what's right in front of you. And that's what we're avoiding. We just want to make the playoffs.

Frank Gerton: Do you feel that your defense was lacking early in the game?
Hue Jackson: We weren't getting to the quarterback, we were letting Romo move too far down the field. Improvements to the defesive line will be useful in the offseason. We did step it up after halftime, and I like that.

Ron Kerry: Those turnovers in the first half were detrimental, especially the fumble near the goal line. Is this a glaring issue?
Hue Jackson: It appears that it is. We need to work on our ball control. Tuesday's practice will focus on ball control.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:04 pm

Around the NFL

-Luke Kuechly Cleared to Practice
-Seahawks Remain Undefeated
-Anthony Barr Returns From Injury

Luke Kuechly is Back, People
Cat Scratch Reader, an SB Nation Blog

Luke is back. And with a vengeance. Kuechly was cleared to return after missing a significant amount of time with a broken collarbone. He'll be inactive for the Panthers' upcoming game against the Chiefs, but at least we know he's returning.

Seahawks Still Undefeated
The Seattle Times
The Seahawks are back to being their normal selves. Isn't that great? Seattle has made it's way to 8-0, and are the powerhouses of the NFC alongside the surprise Lions. Seattle looks to keep rolling when they face the New England Patriots on Sunday Night Football, in a rematch of the infamous Super Bowl XLIX.

Anthony Barr Returns
Star Tribune

Anthony Barr has returned from his Tailbone injury. He's been cleared to play in Sunday's game against the Redskins.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:41 pm

I was hoping to watch all the games. Oh well. I'll still be reading.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:47 pm

RevanFan wrote:I was hoping to watch all the games. Oh well. I'll still be reading.

I don't have the money for a recording program. I really don't have the money.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:49 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:I don't have the money for a recording program. I really don't have the money.

Use banidcam and post each quarter as a separate video...
So the Giants traded Beckham....

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:46 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Browns extend Crowell's contract, other big moves as well
Cleveland.com

With the state of Browns running back Isaiah Crowell, you'd assume the Browns would want to keep him for a long time. Well, according to rumors, the Cleveland Browns have extended his contract, which was due to expire after next season. The deal is a 4-year extension for 11 million dollars. Just more good news for this franchise.

The Browns are making even better moves. The Browns have made improvements to their O-line, D-line, and WR core, notably the acquisition of wide-out Rueben Randle. Rueben worked out with the team on Tuesday before being signed the next day. These free agents will debut with the Browns when they take on the rival Baltimore Ravens on Thursday Night Football.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:58 pm

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens: Where to Watch
waitingfornextyear.com

The 8-1 Cleveland Browns head to Baltimore to face off against the rival Baltimore Ravens, who are 3-5, on Thursday Night Football. For those of you with cable, the game can be found on NFL Network or NBC. For those without cable, you can only find it on NBC. Kickoff is at 7:25.

NOTE: We do NOT promote the act of streaming the game online using a service not sponsored by the NFL, as such behavior is highly illegal.We are not responsible for any harm caused to your computer, any charges made to your bank account, or personal information stolen. We don't promote the idea of streaming the game online, it's your risk.

(Doing a good job at making this look authentic :lol: )

Return to “Madden Journals”