2007 NFL2: The beginning of a new league.

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:21 pm

This is over 7 months in the making.

Ever since I was in elementary school and I first saw the USFL I was intrigued by Spring Football Leagues! I grew up watching the World League Of American Football and NFL Europe and even the XFL in 2001. So when it came to Madden, all I wanted to do was recreate those leagues. I decided maybe I should just make a league of my very own.

At the beginning of this project in the summer of 2013 I originally planned on doing texmod and changing the ball and all of the NFL logos with my own custom League logo. I did not accomplish that after I spent my time building the rosters with real players and creating 1728 new portraits. I also relinquished this idea because there are just WAY! too many NFL logos to overcome.

This gave me the idea of NFL2. Just like the Arena League ... what if? (kayfabe) all of those stray owners who put together the UFL and many other interested parties were gathered up and given an opportunity to own a team funded and backed by the National Football League with it's only intentions as to make a minor Spring league that is self standing with it's own teams and players. This league would carry the branding of the NFL, but be played only during the months between February and August. A league not meant to compete in anyway with what is already established, a chance to bring professional football to new markets and keep the circus running year 'round.

Great idea, huh? With that ... I give you NFL2! 2007, the inaugural season.

What I have done is create 32 custom teams using Madden's default cities. Most of the logos are courtesy of the old maddenteams.com, three of the logos are Madden's default ones and I created a few.

The heart of the project is the 1728 REAL! players with portraits that I created. Since Madden 08 is default at 2007 I started my franchise at 2007. I used the internet, Draft Guides, Lindy's, and the Sporting News to research real players who would be eligible to play in such a league. I then created portraits for everyone of them.

Once the rosters were done, thanks to everyone here at footballidiot.com, I got my teams into a franchise and league play began.

Every game is played, human vs. human with xbox 360 controllers. I participate in every game and supervise for league quality control. I have a few select friends that are my opponents, my nephew, and my wife actually also participate as opponents. We play 6 minute quarters with our twenty second play clock. Usually 10 seconds to select your play and 10 seconds at the line of scrimmage. We get pretty realistic stats this way.

Every game will be played. I am an 07 loyalist and this is my first big adventure into 08. I have a long standing policy that I will never simulate a game. So here in this journal you can follow along with all of the action of NFL2. (kayfabe)

Meet the teams of the National Football League Two.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Sponsor

Sponsor

KO'BBF
MVP

Re: 2007 NFL2: The beginning of a new league.

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:29 pm

BIRMINGHAM KNIGHTS

Birmingham, AL Stadium: Legion Field (Turf) capacity: 84, 040

HEAD COACH: Perry Fewell

Offensive Coordinator: Alex Van Pelt Defensive Coordinator: Steve Szabo

"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:35 pm

BOISE MAVERICKS

Boise, ID Stadium: Flying B Field (Grass) capacity: 79, 603

HEAD COACH: Greg Knapp

Offensive Coordinator: George Stewart Defensive Coordinator: Dwain Board

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:42 pm

CALIFORNIA CONDORS

Sacramento, CA Stadium: ARCO Field (Grass) capacity: 67, 438

HEAD COACH: John Hufnagel

Offensive Coordinator: Ted Tollner Defensive Coordinator: Dave McGinnis

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:58 pm

CAROLINA RENEGADES

Columbia, SC Stadium: Williams-Brice Stadium (Grass) capacity: 84, 090

HEAD COACH: Mike Trgovac

Offensive Coordinator: Jim Skipper Defensive Coordinator: Dan Crossman

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:09 am

CHICAGO HITMEN

Chicago, IL Stadium: Soldier Field (Grass) capacity: 66, 944

HEAD COACH: Ed Donatell

Offensive Coordinator: Ray Sherman Defensive Coordinator: Lionel Washington

madden07fan
All-Pro

Postby madden07fan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:49 am

Congrats on getting your league started! I will enjoy following everyone. Go River Otters!!!

mikehill
All-Pro

Postby mikehill » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:17 pm

Can you publish the roster or teams so that I can take a look at the whole team and pick my favorite.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mikehillschannel
Bizarre music videos every Sunday

JPK
Hall of Fame

Postby JPK » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:48 pm

What an amazing project. Congrats on getting it started, I will be reading!

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:19 pm

Return to “Madden Journals”