Vikings 2020 - A Historic Franchise Journal

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Vikings 2020 - A Historic Franchise Journal

Postby Danchat » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:35 pm

Get to Know the Vikings 2020 Roster Part 3:

D-Line

DT Sharrif Floyd
OVR: 88
Age / Exp: 25 / 4
Draft Pick: MIN 2nd
2019 Stats: 6 TFL, 5 sacks, 1 FF

Back when I took Floyd in the 2nd round, I had no intentions of drafting a DT (I think Kevin Williams was still going then). However, when I noticed a 1st round prospect was just sitting in my lap at the end of the 2nd round, I had to take him there - and it was 100% worth it. Floyd broke out as a starter and has become a reliable source of pass rusher from the interior D-line. Floyd wasn’t great just looking at the raw stats last year, but I’d chalk that up to random chance.

DT Timmy Jernigan
OVR: 83
Age / Exp: 26 / 3
2019 Stats: 4 TFL, 4 sacks

Jernigan took over the DT job midway through the 2018 season. The big nose tackle is a solid run stuffer, and he actually stepped his game up as a pass rusher last year. He’ll be out there on 50-60% of the snaps, taking up space. He doesn’t get appreciated much, but Timmy gets the job done.

DT Robert Nkemdiche
OVR: 81
Age / Exp: 24 / 1
Stats: 4 sacks

So, you probably noticed I like drafting DTs in the 2nd round, huh? I wanted to add a pass rushing equivalent to Jernigan, and so far, that’s exactly what Nkemdiche has brought. He’s small for a DT, but he did a decent job getting to the QB in his rookie season. He even looked good when I gave him reps at DE. His role should continue to expand.

DT Michael Bennett
OVR: 78
Age / Exp: 24 / 2
Draft Pick: BAL 4th
Stats: 2 sacks

The Ravens, the lone powerhouse of the AFC, have an annually tight salary cap. Bennett was a talented player who got cut because they simply couldn’t afford him. I’ll welcome him in as a 4th DT and he’ll likely rotate in every once in a while.

DE Hilee Taylor
OVR: 98
Age / Exp: 31 / 9
Draft Pick: DAL 1st
Stats: 6 TFL, 19 sacks, 2 FFs

Madden has a tendency to have no-name NFL players turn into perennial all-stars, and that’s exactly what’s happened with Hilee - yes, he was an actual player drafted into the NFL (which was a surprise to me!) Taylor was a high first-round pick by the Cowboys and turned into a very good pass rusher, but it wasn’t until he left in free agency and signed with the Vikings until he exploded. Recording 19 sacks last season, Taylor has now recorded 31 sacks in his 2 year career as a Viking. (19 sacks is very high for a single season in Madden with these sliders, FYI) Taylor is fast and strong and opposing right tackles rarely have a chance. He does a great job in run defense, as well.

Hilee Taylor destroys another hapless QB.

DE Owa Odighizuwa
OVR: 85
Age / Exp: 25 / 2
Draft Pick: MIN 1st
Stats: 3 TFL, 8 sacks, 1 FF

A couple years back, I did a total revamp of the DE position, and I brought in Taylor and Odighizuwa. Owa was a bit of a stretch as a 1st round pick (though I’m always drafting in the 30-32 range), but he’s been a happy surprise for this team. He’s amounted 15 sacks in his first two seasons and has proven to be a reliable sidekick to Hilee. He also stepped up his run stopping game in year 2. I am hoping for more in his third season, perhaps 10 sacks or more? That might be asking for too much, but as long as he reliably gets pressure, I’ll be happy.

DE Derek Rivers
OVR: 76
Age / Exp: 22 / R

Rivers is a blazing-fast pass rusher that I couldn’t pass up on when Round 2 of the 2020 Draft came around. Rivers will be stuck behind Taylor and Odighizuwa for awhile, but he’ll get to be rotational rusher, playing around 20-30% of the snaps. We also have a tendency to blow out teams many times, so the backups usually get ample playing time.

DE Ryan Kerrigan
Age / Exp: 29 / 6
Draft Pick: NO 1st

I signed Kerrigan as a 4th DE to add a little depth. He notched 14 sacks in his 6 year career in New Orleans, but he spent the entire 2019 season on the bench and didn’t play a snap. If he can’t manage to do anything in his time with the Vikings, he’s at the end of his NFL career.

LBs

MLB Dont’a Hightower
OVR: 96
Age / Exp: 26 / 5
Stats: 27 tackles, 6 TFL, 3 FF (he missed 8 games last year)

Since Day 1, Hightower has been the heart and soul of the Vikings defense. There’s no weaknesses in his game - he plays coverage well, he can rush the passer every once in awhile - and he’s a dominant force in the run-stopping game. Teams will be lucky to average 3.0+ yards per carry against this defense, and Hightower is a big reason why. He has missed a handful of games the past year, and even then the defense barely dropped off, so I can’t say Hightower is the most critical piece on this team, but he pushes them to the elite category.

OLB Andy Studebaker
OVR: 94
Age / Exp: 32 / 9
Draft Pick: MIN 6th
Stats: 28 tackles, 7 TFL, 5 sacks, 1 FF, 2 ints

Studebaker went from fringe special teamer to star starting linebacker in just a few years. How things started is a little blurry for me (we’re talking 7-8 real years ago), but Andy has become a reliable run-stopping outside linebacker. He’s starting to age and he’s overpaid for the role he plays (I take him out in most nickel situations), but I just couldn’t let him leave in free agency. A lot of my star players end up playing their twilight years with other teams, but perhaps that won’t be the case for Andy Studebaker.

OLB Ryan Shazier
Age / Exp: 24 / 3
Stats: 42 tackles, 6 TFL, 4 sacks, 1 FF, 1 int

Having a really good 3rd linebacker isn’t all that important in Madden, as they only play about 50% of the snaps and usually don’t make a bunch of tackles. Shazier was the best player on the draft board and I just couldn’t pass him up. He has blazing speed, and rarely misses tackles. He’s crucial to the defense with his covering abilities - Andy Studebaker is starting to get old, so I’ll usually make sure Shazier is out there over Studebaker on an obvious passing down. Ryan had some struggles in the 2019 Playoffs, but I suspect he’ll rebound and keep the Vikings defense the #1 run defense in the NFL.

Ryan Shazier blows up a running back after a short gain.

MLB Stephone Anthony
OVR: 81
Age / Exp: 25 / 2
Draft Pick: MIN 3rd
Stats: 42 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 FF, 2 ints

Anthony has stepped in the past two seasons when Hightower has gotten injured, and he’s looked like an NFL-caliber LB. He still has one year to go before hitting free agency, though it highly possible Anthony gets traded. I shopped him during the offseason, but I found other teams weren’t offering to pay as high a price I was hoping for. Anthony is a quick run stuffer who still needs to learn how to cover better, but there are bright days ahead for him. The real debate here is if I should unload him before the trade deadline for something, or just keep him as a backup for one more season and then let him find a starting job in free agency. Or, perhaps a sneaky option would be to keep Anthony and move on from Studebaker...

OLB De’Vondre Campbell
OVR: 75
Draft Pick: MIN 4th

Campbell is a blazing fast prospect who looked pretty good last preseason, his rookie year. He’s not going to be a starter anytime soon, but he appears to be the next man up if Studebaker or Shazier go down.

MLB Joe Walker
OVR: 71
Draft Pick: UDFA

I signed Walker just before the 3rd preseason game last year, and he looked way better than the other two players who were trying to make the team (former 5th rounder Telvin Smith and 7th rounder Mark Nzeocha). He bumped both of them off the roster and now is a key special teamer. Somebody probably should have drafted him last year!

OLB Jordan Evans
OVR: 74
Draft Pick: MIN 6th

I worked out Evans during the combine and I was impressed by his size / speed ratio. His roster spot is rather safe as I always like to carry at least 7 linebackers. I will keep my eyes peeled to see if he’ll make any plays on special teams.

DBs

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Age / Exp: 31 / 9
Draft Pick: NE 1st
Stats: Catch Rate 53%, 714 yards allowed, 27 pass deflections, 4 ints

CB is a hard position to get right in Madden 08. Sometimes the CB, no matter the stats, will simply allow passes to be completed in front of them, acting brain-dead. Other times they will find themselves in perfect position and drop an interception - I’d say a starting corner drops about 10 interceptions every year, and there’s no hyperbole there. Rodgers-Cromartie was a big free agent signing who is the team’s top corner and will usually shadow the opponent's top WR. DRC was responsible for the season-ending play against the Eagles in the championship game last year, and he’s not getting any younger, so he’ll need to step up his game if he wants to be the #1 CB for much longer.

DRC intercepts a pass gifted straight to him.

CB Dee Milliner
OVR: 84
Age / Exp: 26 / 4
Stats: 48% catch rate, 301 yards allowed, 12 PDs, 3 ints

Dee has been the Vikings’ nickel corner for a good three seasons now, but it’s about time he steps up. Whenever I’ve tried him in a full-time starting role, he struggles profusely. But when he’s in the nickel, he rarely makes any mistakes. Dee’s a bit of a ballhawk, with ## career interceptions while mostly being a part-time starter. It remains to be seen if he’ll be able to become a starting CB in the NFL.

CB Perrish Cox
OVR: 82
Age / Exp: 30 / 7
Draft Pick: MIA 3rd
Stats: 58% catch rate, 473 yards allowed, 10 PDs, 1 int

I gave Cox a 3 year deal in 2019 free agency hoping he could become the #2 CB I could slot in next to DRC. Cox had a pretty rough year, and then got hurt. I was hoping his experience (the AWR stat) would lead to some better coverage ability, but he plays like a zombie sometimes. In the 2019 playoffs, Cox turned from his injury but rotated heavily with Milliner and Banks. He will need to improve his play if he doesn’t want to be in a heavy rotation this year.

CB Jonathan Banks
Draft Pick: MIN 5th
Stats: 52% catch rate, 155 yards allowed, 4 PDs, 2 ints
There’s nothing I love more than developing a late round pick into a serviceable player. Whenever I’ve needed to call on Banks when a CB gets hurt, he’s always stepped up and played well. He took over the nickel spot in the 2018 playoff run and did a solid job. Unfortunately for him, he’s still clearly the 4th CB on the roster, but I’m happy to have him here as depth. He will rotate with Cox and could push for a full-time role if someone ahead of him starts to slip.

CB Jonathan Jones
OVR: 71
Age / Exp: 23 / 1
Draft Pick: MIN 7th

Jones is Mr. Irrelevant from the 2019 draft. He came in as a 68 OVR CB with a low chance to make the roster… but he did! He may just be 5’ 9”, but he’s super quick and a very good gunner. He made some nice tackles on kick returns as well. He’s carved out a roster spot for himself, but I’m unsure how far he’ll get up the depth chart.

CB Akhello Witherspoon

I have a bit of a penchant for taking CBs in the mid-rounds. CBs are very difficult to develop in Madden 08, so I like to give the young ones a couple seasons on the bench before pushing them up the depth chart. Witherspoon will start as the 5th CB and will get plenty of playing time in blowouts.

FS William Moore
OVR: 99
Age / Exp: 31 / 8
Stats: 37% catch rate, 400 yards allowed, 15 PDs, 4 ints

Moore has been my favorite defensive player to use in any franchise, ever. He’s blazing fast and a great tackler - comparable to Harrison Smith, but better - and he loves nothing more than to hoard interceptions. Some cornerbacks can WRs onto islands; Moore puts the entire left side of the field into its own island. I like to play as Moore, especially when an opposing QB keeps throwing to the same WR over and over. Moore, now 31, is starting to slow down, but I’m going to keep putting him out there as long as I can.

SS T.J. McDonald
OVR: 84
Age / Exp: 26 / 4
Stats: 41% catch rate, 288 yards allowed, 13 PDs, 4 ints

Kevin Watters, a fictional player, had been my starting SS for about 6 seasons before he started to slow down and I let him go in free agency. McDonald had only started 4 games up to that point, but I decided to hand him the job. The former 3rd round pick did well - his first year was excellent, rarely giving up anything in coverage. His second year was just OK, as teams were able to pass around him more often. McDonald is a quality tackler and will consistently end running plays early, and I’m hoping he will take another step forward in 2020.

FS Winston Guy
Age / Exp: 27 / 5
Draft Pick: MIN 5th

With Derrick Snow moving on (a fictional free safety who was incredibly fast and a great tackler), Guy will take on title as the ace of special teams. Guy has compiled at least 10 tackles on special teams the past four seasons, and he might make it to 20 this year. Guy is also the next man up behind William Moore, which is a pretty massive drop-off. He has all the physical tools to be a starting safety, but he’s never started a game before.

SS Deunta Williams
Age / Exp: 29 / 6
Draft Pick: SD 4th

Scooped up in free agency from their arch-nemesis, the Eagles, Williams is a hard-hitting safety who rarely misses tackles. He never got on the field in his first 4 seasons as a Charger, but the Eagles eventually nabbed him in a trade and used him as a backup safety. Williams ended up starting several games, proving to be a solid option. He wasn’t able to hold a job due to his middling speed and acceleration - he’s not going to stop a speedy WR - but he’s a great guy to have out there on a running down. He’s firmly behind T.J. McDonald.

SS Miles Killebrew
OVR: 75

Killebrew had a brutal 2019 preseason, getting his butt kicked against backup offenses. He also struggled to tackle and was invisible on special teams. It was imperative the Vikings found a better backup to SS McDonald, which is why Deunta Williams is here. Killebrew will be on the roster, but he’s got to step things up if he wants to be a part of our long term plans.

2020 Vikings Depth Chart

Alright, with all that out of the way, it's time to start the preseason! Let the games begin!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:12 pm

I definitely don't rotate my pass rushers as much as you do. I usually just have 5 main rushers (the advantages of the 3-4) and they are all usually the same 5 guys.

I definitely want to see that slider set you use, both AI sliders and Penalty sliders.

Something you mentioned in one of the earlier posts is that you don't like RB routes. I found a RB route that is actually pretty good, on the Shotgun - 2RB Flex. It is the Angle route, which I found on the WR Post Corner. Against zone, the LBs drop too deep. Against man, the LB is usually too slow to catch up with the back. The only threat is the RB not being able to catch (the reason why I either carry a receiving back, either a true RB or a converted receiver that I MaddenAMP'ed into enough bulk and ball security).
Semper fi
Spoiler:
We've yet to see a QB being as dominant as that future HOFer
And no, not those two. The one I'm talking about already retired ...
We've yet to see a WR being as dominant as that guy that won't make the HOF.
CJ ...

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:48 pm

jose21crisis wrote:I definitely don't rotate my pass rushers as much as you do. I usually just have 5 main rushers (the advantages of the 3-4) and they are all usually the same 5 guys.

I definitely want to see that slider set you use, both AI sliders and Penalty sliders.

Something you mentioned in one of the earlier posts is that you don't like RB routes. I found a RB route that is actually pretty good, on the Shotgun - 2RB Flex. It is the Angle route, which I found on the WR Post Corner. Against zone, the LBs drop too deep. Against man, the LB is usually too slow to catch up with the back. The only threat is the RB not being able to catch (the reason why I either carry a receiving back, either a true RB or a converted receiver that I MaddenAMP'ed into enough bulk and ball security).

I like having a fresh rotation of guys to distribute sacks to, and try to have some realism like the real NFL, where pass rushers rotate very frequently. I have a clear-cut run stopping DT (Jernigan) and a clear-cut pass rushing DT (Nkemdiche). It just doesn't make sense to me to put the same 4 guys out there on 100% of the snaps.

I'll post my sliders when I post the first week of preseason, which will be pretty soon. I should let you know that I'm still working on them, as I am still adjusting things well into the regular season.

Angle route, huh? I think I know what you're talking about, but I don't recall seeing it often. I do like the 2 HB routes better than most others, checking down to them vs zone defenses usually works well.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:16 pm

Vikings Preseason Game 1 - VS Cincinnati Bengals

Owa Odigizuwa crushes Alfred Barnes for a sack. Will Owa notch a 10+ sack season this year?

The Bengals give WR Mike Wallace a bunch of cushion on a hitch route, and Mike laughs at them as he catches the pass, runs to the sideline, and takes the ball to the house. Vikings are up 7-0 after just 2 plays on offense.

Alfred Barnes, a 90 OVR QB, throws a pass directly to CB Perrish Cox instead of throwing it to where the receiver is actually running to... that's Madden 08 for you, folks.

Mike Wallace against a 35 year old FS who can't run anymore? Yep, Wallace is going to win that battle every time.

Ryan Shazier smashes QB Geno Smith as he tries to escape the pocket. Not happening, buddy.

Bengals WR Tavon Austin zooms past T. J. McDonald and Ahkello Witherspoon for the TD. He was a tough WR to cover for our secondary.

A. J. McCarron sees Alex Erickson open downfield, and heaves a laser downfield. Erickson catches the ball and goes out of bounds with a 41 yard catch.

Erickson again catches a pass while the defender appears to be hallucinating. The Bengals DBs were beyond atrocious.

That's about it for the highlights, check out the log below to see all the stats.

Code: Select all

Madden NFL 08 PC v0.0 Game Log - Vikings at Bengals

Game Time: Mon Oct 21 17:25:08 2019

Skill Level: All Pro

Quarter Length: 11 minute(s)

Slider                         Human   CPU

QB Accuracy                       56    58

Pass Blocking                     25    20

Receiver Catching                 68    71

Running Ability                   63    63

Offensive line Run Blocking       57    57

Defensive Awareness               51    50

Defensive line Knockdowns         28    28

Interceptions                     10     8

Defensive Break Blocks            15    15

Tackling                          50    50

Fieldgoal Length                  75    40

Fieldgoal Accuracy                99    92

Punt Length                       75    56

Punt Accuracy                     99    99

Kickoff Length                    64    64

Weather

Forecast: Fair

Wind: 6 mph

Temp: 72 degrees

Team               Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   OT      FINAL

Vikings            21   14   10   10    0         55

Bengals             7    7    0    0    0         14

Game Statistics:                  Vikings    Bengals

First Downs                            17         12

Third Down Conversions                  9          4

Third Downs                            14         13

Third Down Percentage               64.3%      30.8%

Fourth Down Conversions                 1          0

Fourth Downs                            1          1

Fourth Down Percentage             100.0%       0.0%

Two Pt Conversions Made                 0          0

Two Pt Conversions Attempted            0          0

Two Pt Conversion Percentage         0.0%       0.0%

Offense Redzone Num                     6          2

Offense Redzone TDs                     5          1

Offense Redzone FGs                     1          0

Offense Redzone Percentage         100.0%      50.0%

Rushing Attempts                       29         13

Rushing Yards                         107         10

Rushing Average                       3.7        0.8

Rushing TDs                             2          0

Passing Yards                         429        267

Passing Completions                    23         20

Passing Attempts                       34         33

Completion Percentage               67.6%      60.6%

Passing Average                      12.6        8.1

Passing TDs                             5          2

Offensive Pass Interceptions            0          2

TOTAL OFFENSE                         536        277

Defensive Pass Interceptions            2          0

Punt Return Yards                      18          0

Kick Return Yards                      12        121

Punts                                   2          6

Punt Avg                             42.0       49.3

Fumbles                                 0          0

Fumbles Lost                            0          0

Penalties                               3          1

Penalty Yds                            20          5

Turnovers                               0          2

TIME OF POSSESSION                  26:52      17:02

Individual Stats: Bengals

PASSING                        CMP  ATT  YDS  PCT   YPA SACK   TD  INT LONG RATING

Alfred Barnes                    6    9   96   66  10.6    3    1    1   39   99.5

Geno Smith                      14   24  194   58   8.0    4    1    1   50   80.9

RUSHING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD  FUM

Trent Richardson                 7    4   0.5    5    0    0

Bishop Sankey                    5    4   0.7    7    0    0

Geno Smith                       1    2   2.0    2    0    0

RECEIVING                      REC  YDS   AVG LONG   TD DROP  YAC

Tavon Austin                     4   90  22.5   50    2    0   46

James Hardy                      3   64  21.3   39    0    0    5

Jordan Shipley                   6   56   9.3   18    0    0    6

Josh Morgan                      2   33  16.5   26    0    0    4

Trey Burton                      1   23  23.0   23    0    0    2

Ed Dickson                       2   17   8.5   11    0    0    0

Moritz Bohringer                 1   10  10.0   10    0    0    0

Braxton Miller                   1   -3  -3.0    0    0    0    0

KICKING                        FGM  FGA  PCT FGSBLOCKED  XPA  XPM  PCT XPSBLOCKED KICKOFFS TOUCHBACKS

Jon Ryan                         0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        1          1

Ed Bundy                         0    1    0          0    2    2  100          0        2          1

PUNTING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG BLOCKS IN20 TOUCHBACKS

Jon Ryan                         6  296  49.3   69      0    1          1

KICK RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG   TD LONG

Tavon Austin                     2   37  18.5    0   22

Dominique Franks                 5   84  16.7    0   25

PUNT RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD

Dominique Franks                 0    0   0.0    0    0

Tavon Austin                     0    0   0.0    0    0

DEFENSE                        TOT LOSS SACK   FF FREC  YDS   TD  INT  RET   AVG DEFLECTIONS SAFETIES CTH ALLOW BIG HITS

Jaylen Watkins                   6    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           2        0         4        0

Tyrann Mathieu                   6    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Nick Perry                       5    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Preston Brown                    4    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         2        0

Dominique Franks                 3    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         4        0

Adam Carriker                    3    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Kyler Fackrell                   3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

Christian Kirksey                3    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Domata Peko                      3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Tray Walker                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Trey Burton                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Taco Charlton                    1    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Josh Morgan                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Ray Sindle                       1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        1

Jake Wheeler                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0

Vernon Gholston                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

James Hardy                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Tavon Austin                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Brandon Bryant                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

Braxton Miller                   0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Cordrea Tankersley               0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0

BLOCKING                      PANCAKES SACKS ALLOWED

Mike Iupati                          4             0

Jon Feliciano                        3             0

Alex Barron                          3             0

Jason Fox                            3             0

Ali Marpet                           3             2

Le'Raven Clark                       2             0

Joe Haeg                             2             1

Jason Worilds                        1             0

Chris Singleton                      1             0

Ed Dickson                           1             0

Individual Stats: Vikings

PASSING                        CMP  ATT  YDS  PCT   YPA SACK   TD  INT LONG RATING

Zach Mettenberger                6    8   90   75  11.2    0    1    0   41  151.0

Trey Smith                       4    6  151   66  25.1    0    3    0   80  149.3

A.J. McCarron                   11   17  162   64   9.5    1    1    0   42  115.3

Pat White                        2    3   27   66   9.0    0    0    0   23   95.1

Brandon Saine                    8   30   3.7   13    1    0

Pat White                        2   24  12.0   21    0    0

Giovani Bernard                  5   21   4.1    8    1    0

Aaron Jones                      7   15   2.1    8    0    0

Jordan Howard                    5    9   1.7    5    0    0

A.J. McCarron                    1    7   7.0    7    0    0

Peyton Hillis                    1    1   1.0    1    0    0

Mike Wallace                     3  143  47.6   80    3    0  120

Alex Erickson                    4   93  23.2   41    1    0   37

JuJu Smith-Schuste               5   87  17.3   42    0    0   15

Brandon Saine                    2   28  14.0   23    0    0   16

Joseph Fauria                    2   21  10.5   17    1    0    0

Pat White                        2   15   7.5   14    0    0   10

Orson Charles                    1   15  15.0   15    0    0    0

Stefon Diggs                     1   13  13.0   13    0    0    9

Riley Cooper                     1   10  10.0   10    0    1   10

Jordan Howard                    1    8   8.0    8    0    0    7

Dorial Green-Beckham             0    0   0.0    0    0    1    0

Aaron Jones                      1   -3  -3.0    0    0    0    2

KICKING                        FGM  FGA  PCT FGSBLOCKED  XPA  XPM  PCT XPSBLOCKED KICKOFFS TOUCHBACKS

Roger Glenn                      2    2  100          0    7    7  100          0        4          1

Josh Doe                         0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        6          2

Josh Doe                         2   84  42.0   45      0    0          0

Brandon Saine                    1   12  12.0    0   12

Stefon Diggs                     0    0   0.0    0    0

Brandon Saine                    1   10  10.0   10    0

Stefon Diggs                     2    8   4.0    7    0

DEFENSE                        TOT LOSS SACK   FF FREC  YDS   TD  INT  RET   AVG DEFLECTIONS SAFETIES CTH ALLOW BIG HITS

Dominique Rodgers                7    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         7        0

Dont'a Hightower                 5    2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0

Stephone Anthony                 4    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

Perrish Cox                      3    0    0    0    0    0    0    1    5   5.0           2        0         2        0

Johnthan Banks                   3    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0

Ahkello Witherspoon              3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         2        0

Shariff Floyd                    3    0    2    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Miles Killebrew                  2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

Jonathan Jones                   2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

Ryan Kerrigan                    2    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Ryan Shazier                     2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

William Moore                    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    1    5   5.0           0        0         1        0

Hilee Taylor                     2    1    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Robert Nkemdiche                 1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Winston Guy                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Deunta Williams                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0

Joe Walker                       1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Owa Odighizuwa                   1    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Menelik Watson                       8             0

Donald Stephenson                    6             0

Peyton Hillis                        3             0

Trai Turner                          3             0

Greg Olsen                           2             0

Tyrone Kelly                         2             0

Isaac Asiata                         2             0

Brett Franklin                       2             0

Mitch Petrus                         1             1

Jack Conklin                         1             0

Brandon Saine                        1             0

Brad Seaton                          1             0

Advanced Stats

Receiving

Pos   Name   Catches   Targets   Drops

WR   JuJu Smith-Schuster   5   7   

WR   Alex Erickson   4   6   1

WR   Mike Wallace   3   3   

WR   Riley Cooper   1   3   

TE   Joseph Fauria   2   3   

HB   Pat White   2   2   0

HB   Brandon Saine   2   2   

WR   Stefon Diggs   1   1   

TE   Orson Charles   1   1   

HB   Jordan Howard   1   1   

HB   Aaron Jones   1   1   

WR   Dorial Green-Beckh   0   1   1

HB   Giovani Bernard   0   1   

Blocking

Pass Busts: None

Run Busts: LT Stephenson 2, RT Franklin and RG Asiata 1

QB Hits: LB Studebaker & DE Odigizuwa 2, DE Taylor & LB Shazier & CB Milliner 1

DB Coverage:

Rodgers-Cromartie 6/9 67 (catches / targets , yards)
Cox 3/5 83
Milliner 0/0
Moore 1/2 50
McDonald 0/0
Banks 1/1 -3
Witherspoon 2/4 22
Killebrew 1/1 26
Guy 0/1

Notes

The Vikings 1st team offense barely got time to do anything, because all 3 times Wallace touched the ball, he took it to the house. The Bengals coverage was beyond putrid. They also put zero pressure on my QBs, so their defense was easily dissected. Alex Erickson and JuJu Smith-Schuster really stood out today.

On defense, the Vikings handled the Bengals quite easily. The front seven completely and totally silenced their run game. The D-line was constantly in the backfield, making whatever QB was back there uncomfortable on most plays. The DBs didn't have their best game, as nobody could cover Tavon Austin. Rodgers-Cromartie and Perrish Cox struggled in coverage with the quick WRs. The backup front seven flashed potential, with the D-line still generating plenty of pressure, thanks to Ryan Kerrigan. All in all, we totaled 7 sacks and 5 pass knockdowns.

Injuries

LB Joe Walker is out 1-2 weeks with a hamstring issue.

Next Up: Preseason Game 2 VS Piranhas (formerly the Redskins)

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:50 pm

Preseason Week 2 - Vs Piranhas (Redskins)

Perrish Cox makes a rare, albeit fantastic play on the ball to break up a big pass to Keenan Allen.

William Moore intercepts Erik Ainge, while Cox appears not have any idea what is going on.

SS T. J. McDonald trucks a gunner on a punt return. That's going to leave a mark!

2nd round rookie DE Derek Rivers lived in the Piranhas' backfield today. He broke up a total of 4 plays for a loss!

The Piranhas schemed WR Eli Rogers open in the endzone, and LB De'Vondre Campbell wasn't a match for him.

JuJu Smith-Schuster finds himself wide-open in the endzone, hauling in a TD. I'm hoping for a big rookie season out of him!

Blaine Gabbert finds himself getting sacked by CB Akhello Witherspoon. CB blitzes work really well in Madden 08.

Rookie HB Aaron Jones gets mauled by a Piranhas DL Kendall Reyes on a play where he had no hope of gaining yardage.

Piranhas            0    7    0    7    0         14
Vikings            10    7   14    6    0         37

Game Statistics:                 Piranhas    Vikings
First Downs                            11         13
Third Down Conversions                  7          5
Third Downs                            15         12
Third Down Percentage               46.7%      41.7%
Fourth Down Conversions                 0          0
Fourth Downs                            0          1
Fourth Down Percentage               0.0%       0.0%
Two Pt Conversions Attempted            0          1
Offense Redzone Num                     2          3
Offense Redzone TDs                     2          3
Offense Redzone FGs                     0          0
Offense Redzone Percentage         100.0%     100.0%
Rushing Attempts                       17         26
Rushing Yards                          72         65
Rushing Average                       4.2        2.5
Rushing TDs                             0          1
Passing Yards                         152        275
Passing Completions                    17         19
Passing Attempts                       36         28
Completion Percentage               47.2%      67.9%
Passing Average                       4.2        9.8
Passing TDs                             2          4
Offensive Pass Interceptions            2          1
TOTAL OFFENSE                         224        340
Defensive Pass Interceptions            1          2
Punt Return Yards                      12         12
Kick Return Yards                      46         49
Punts                                   8          3
Punt Avg                             45.9       38.7
Fumbles                                 1          0
Fumbles Lost                            1          0
Penalties                               3          3
Penalty Yds                            25         21
Turnovers                               3          1
TIME OF POSSESSION                  18:15      25:27

Zach Mettenberger                7    8  127   87  15.8    0    1    0   33  158.3
Trey Smith                       5    9   99   55  11.0    1    0    0   36   94.2
A.J. McCarron                    7   10   63   70   6.2    1    3    1   20   86.7
Pat White                        0    1    0    0   0.0    0    0    0    0   39.6

Jordan Howard                    6   26   4.3   16    0    0
Giovani Bernard                  4   11   2.7    4    0    0
Pat White                        2    9   4.5    8    0    0
Aaron Jones                      5    7   1.3    6    0    0
Zach Mettenberger                1    6   6.0    6    0    0
Brandon Saine                    6    4   0.6    3    0    0
Orson Charles                    1    1   1.0    1    0    0
Peyton Hillis                    1    1   1.0    1    1    0

JuJu Smith-Schuste               4   47  11.7   30    1    0   11
Pat White                        3   41  13.6   25    0    0   11
Greg Olsen                       3   40  13.3   18    1    0   11
Alex Erickson                    2   37  18.5   33    1    0   16
Mike Wallace                     1   36  36.0   36    0    1   22
Joseph Fauria                    2   28  14.0   19    0    0    8
Giovani Bernard                  2   27  13.5   14    0    0    9
Riley Cooper                     1   20  20.0   20    1    0    0
Dorial Green-Beckham             1   13  13.0   13    0    0    0

Roger Glenn                      1    1  100          0    4    4  100          0        3          1
Josh Doe                         0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        4          3

Josh Doe                         3  116  38.6   46      0    2          0

Brandon Saine                    1   48  48.0    0   48
Jordan Howard                    1    1   1.0    0    1

Brandon Saine                    1   12  12.0   12    0
Jordan Howard                    0    0   0.0    0    0

Ahkello Witherspoon              4    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0
Andy Studebaker                  4    0    0    0    1    2    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Jonathan Jones                   3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           2        0         2        0
Deunta Williams                  3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Derek Rivers                     3    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
William Moore                    3    0    0    0    0    0    0    1    0   0.0           0        0         0        1
Winston Guy                      2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         2        0
Miles Killebrew                  2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        1
Michael Bennett                  2    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Ryan Kerrigan                    2    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Owa Odighizuwa                   2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Pat White                        1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Ryan Shazier                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
De'Vondre Campbell               1    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Dee Milliner                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Stephone Anthony                 1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0
Menelik Watson                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Johnthan Banks                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           2        0         1        0
Jordan Evans                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         2        0
Perrish Cox                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0
Orson Charles                    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Dominique Rodgers                0    0    0    0    0    0    0    1    3   3.0           0        0         0        0

Menelik Watson                       4             0
Isaac Asiata                         3             0
Greg Olsen                           3             0
Orson Charles                        3             0
Pat White                            3             0
Peyton Hillis                        2             0
Brett Franklin                       2             0
Brad Seaton                          2             0
Mitch Petrus                         2             1
Donald Stephenson                    2             0
Trai Turner                          2             0
Jack Conklin                         2             0
Dorial Green-Beckham                 1             0
Joseph Fauria                        1             0

Individual Stats: Piranhas
Blaine Gabbert                   9   19   99   47   5.2    4    1    0   20   80.8
Erik Ainge                       8   17   70   47   4.1    0    1    2   31   38.4

C.J. Spiller                    13   62   4.7   18    0    0
Blaine Gabbert                   2    8   4.0    8    0    0
Shonn Greene                     1    3   3.0    3    0    0
Glenn Gronkowski                 1   -1  -1.0    0    0    1

Keenan Allen                     5   55  11.0   31    0    0    8
Geronimo Allison                 3   47  15.6   20    0    0   15
Eli Rogers                       3   32  10.6   19    2    1    4
Shonn Greene                     3   19   6.3   11    0    0   16
Victor Potts                     2   14   7.0    8    0    0    7
Coby Fleener                     1    2   2.0    2    0    0    0

Cody Parkey                      0    0    0          0    2    2  100          0        1          0
Ryan Donahue                     0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        2          1

Dustin Colquitt                  8  367  45.8   60      0    0          2

Nelson Agholor                   1   18  18.0    0   18
Shonn Greene                     1   15  15.0    0   15
Jalen Myrick                     1   13  13.0    0   13

Shonn Greene                     1   12  12.0   12    0
Nelson Agholor                   0    0   0.0    0    0
Jalen Myrick                     0    0   0.0    0    0

Myles Jack                       6    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Jonathan Casillas                5    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Kaluka Maiava                    4    1    0    0    0    0    0    1    5   5.0           0        0         1        0
Jamaal Stuart                    3    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Kareem Jackson                   2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Harrison Smith                   2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0
Sylvester Williams               2    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Chip Vaughn                      2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0
Kendall Reyes                    2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Alex Carter                      2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         3        0
Roland McClain                   2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
KeiVarae Russell                 2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         3        0
Keenan Allen                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Jerrard Tarrant                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Dalton Freeman                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
DeAndre Levy                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0
Victor Potts                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Luther Van Dyke                  1    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        1
Vonn Bell                        0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

Gabe Jackson                         5             0
Tre Jackson                          4             1
Glenn Gronkowski                     3             0
Dalton Freeman                       3             0
Brandon Scherff                      3             0
Greg Robinson                        2             1
Austin Seferian-Jenk                 2             1
Brennan Williams                     2             0
Coby Fleener                         1             0
Colin McCarthy                       1             0
Demarcus Walker                      1             0
Ben Atkins                           1             0

I've condensed the advanced stats down into a single spreadsheet for your viewing pleasure:

Alright, so the score may indicate that we won this game handily, but the honest truth is that the CPU outplayed me in the 1st half. No, seriously - the Piranhas D-line was dominating my guys. We had no running game, as you can probably tell by the box score and by the number of O-line breakdowns in my advanced box score. With just 50 seconds left, the Vikings had a small 10-7 lead, but then they handed the ball to FB Glenn Gronkowski, who promptly fumbled it away and the Vikings scored a quick TD. 

The Vikings run defense didn't stop the 90 OVR C. J. Spiller, who's a top 5 HB right now. Thankfully, their QB, a 92 OVR Erik Ainge, threw some awful passes and let the Vikings have a first half lead. While it was concerning to see the Vikings lose a game in the trenches, the CPU is so bad they're going to hand me a win even when that happens.

The second half wasn't competitive with all of the backups from both teams playing. Some guys who stuck out were DE Derek Rivers, who played out of his mind today. He notched 3 tackles for a loss and a sack. The 2nd round rookie is going to be in a rotation, but he might be on the fast track if he can keep playing like this. Our coverage unit was much better this time out, with most of our CBs having good days at the office. We did have a lot more missed tackles, but that was due to Spiller and a few other solid athletes on this Piranhas squad. We might just run into this team in the playoffs with the way they're playing.

Coming Soon - Preseason Week 3 - Vs Tampa Bay Bucs

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:36 pm

Week 3 - At Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster gets himself open in the endzone and scores a TD. This kid is making a name for himself with a preseason!

Joe Haden intercepts Trey Smith on a pass to HB Howard and takes it to the house. I didn't see him coming and Smith was under heavy pressure... whoops!

Smith flings a pass to Mike Wallace, just as he comes back across the field. It ends up being a 19 yard gain.

Jordan Howard is a monster who generates break tackles out of thin air. When I give him 20+ touch workloads in the regular season, he's going to have some big games.

Riley Cooper made a catch and the DB was so far off him, he was able to sprint straight to the endzone with no struggle. Good job, Tampa Bay.

The Vikings D-line holds up strong. DT Robert Nkemdiche smashes Marcus Lattimore at the line of scrimmage.

7th round rookie HB Aaron Jones takes one to the house, whilst barely avoiding some Buccaneer defenders.

S Miles Killebrew smashes Lattimore. The hit sent Lattimore flying sideways!

Game Log

Vikings             7   13    6    7    0         33

Buccaneers          7    0    0    0    0          7

Game Statistics:                  Vikings Buccaneers

First Downs                            19          6

Third Down Conversions                  7          1

Third Downs                            14         12

Third Down Percentage               50.0%       8.3%

Fourth Down Conversions                 0          1

Fourth Downs                            0          1

Fourth Down Percentage               0.0%     100.0%

Offense Redzone Num                     4          0

Offense Redzone TDs                     1          0

Offense Redzone FGs                     3          0

Offense Redzone Percentage         100.0%       0.0%

Rushing Attempts                       26         19

Rushing Yards                         178         50

Rushing Average                       6.8        2.6

Rushing TDs                             1          0

Passing Yards                         239         86

Passing Completions                    19         10

Passing Attempts                       35         23

Completion Percentage               54.3%      43.5%

Passing Average                       6.8        3.7

Passing TDs                             2          0

Offensive Pass Interceptions            1          0

TOTAL OFFENSE                         417        136

Defensive Pass Interceptions            0          1

Punt Return Yards                      12          0

Kick Return Yards                      50         86

Punts                                   3          9

Punt Avg                             45.7       42.9

Fumbles                                 1          1

Fumbles Lost                            0          1

Penalties                               2          0

Penalty Yds                            10          0

Turnovers                               1          1

TIME OF POSSESSION                  29:04      14:56

Individual Stats: Buccaneers

Shane Lloyd                      4    6   26   66   4.3    0    0    0   11   75.7

Joe Flacco                       6   17   60   35   3.5    0    0    0   13   46.2

Marcus Lattimore                 8   28   3.5   11    0    0

Kareem Hunt                     11   22   2.0   14    0    0

Mike Thomas                      5   43   8.5   11    0    0    3

Kenny Bell                       2   17   8.5   11    0    3    0

O. J. Howard                     1   13  13.0   13    0    0    1

Dexter Jackson                   1   11  11.0   11    0    0    0

Charlie Green                    1    2   2.0    2    0    0    0

Lennox Colert                    0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        1          0

Caleb Sturgis                    0    0    0          0    1    1  100          0        1          0

Lennox Colert                    9  386  42.8   79      0    2          1

Mike Thomas                      4   72  18.0    0   23

Charlie Green                    1   14  14.0    0   14

Charlie Green                    0    0   0.0    0    0

Mike Thomas                      0    0   0.0    0    0

Nick Kwiatkoski                  4    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Randy Gregory                    4    1    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Sergio Kindle                    4    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         2        0

Mark Barron                      4    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         2        0

Jonathan Cyprien                 3    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        1

Michael Brockers                 3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Torry Mitchell                   3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           3        0         1        1

Bruce Carter                     3    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Jermaine Cunnigham               3    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0

Phillip Merling                  2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Jason Verrett                    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0

Torrell Troup                    2    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

C.J. Palmer                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Marcus Lattimore                 1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Justin Gilbert                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         3        0

Jarvis Jones                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Ben Heeney                       1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Joe Haden                        1    0    0    0    0    0    1    1   43  43.0           1        0         1        0

Al Burnett                       1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        1

Tre'Davious White                0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

Lane Johnson                         5             0

Aaron Hernandez                      4             0

Lonnie Pryor                         3             0

Taylor Decker                        2             0

Mark Glowinski                       1             0

Travis Frederick                     1             0

Connor McGovern                      1             0

Jonathan Martin                      1             0

Trey Smith                      12   20  191   60   9.5    2    2    1   66  104.3

Pat White                        2    3   25   66   8.3    0    0    0   15   92.4

A.J. McCarron                    5   12   51   41   4.2    2    0    0   23   54.5

Jordan Howard                    9   77   8.5   19    0    0

Giovani Bernard                  4   31   7.7   13    0    0

Aaron Jones                      5   30   6.0   22    1    0

Pat White                        2   14   7.0    8    0    1

Brandon Saine                    4   13   3.2    9    0    0

Trey Smith                       1   10  10.0   10    0    0

Peyton Hillis                    1    3   3.0    3    0    0

Riley Cooper                     2   76  38.0   66    1    0   54

Dorial Green-Beckham             3   60  20.0   38    0    0    3

Stefon Diggs                     3   37  12.3   23    0    1    1

JuJu Smith-Schuste               2   29  14.5   16    1    0    0

Mike Wallace                     2   28  14.0   19    0    0    1

Giovani Bernard                  1   15  15.0   15    0    0    6

Joseph Fauria                    2   11   5.5   10    0    0    1

Jordan Howard                    1    8   8.0    8    0    0    6

Greg Olsen                       1    7   7.0    7    0    0    0

Aaron Jones                      1    4   4.0    4    0    0   10

Pat White                        1   -8  -8.0    0    0    0    0

Roger Glenn                      4    4  100          0    3    3  100          0        3          1

Josh Doe                         0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        5          2

Josh Doe                         3  137  45.6   47      0    2          0

Mike Wallace                     1   33  33.0    0   33

Brandon Saine                    1   17  17.0    0   17

Giovani Bernard                  0    0   0.0    0    0

Giovani Bernard                  1    7   7.0    7    0

Brandon Saine                    1    5   5.0    5    0

Mike Wallace                     0    0   0.0    0    0

Dont'a Hightower                 5    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Miles Killebrew                  3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        1

Johnthan Banks                   3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

Robert Nkemdiche                 2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Stephone Anthony                 2    0    0    1    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Jonathan Jones                   2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0

Winston Guy                      2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

T.J. McDonald                    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Dominique Rodgers                2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Timmy Jernigan                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Jordan Evans                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Derek Rivers                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Michael Bennett                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Andy Studebaker                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Joe Walker                       1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Owa Odighizuwa                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Ryan Shazier                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Shariff Floyd                    1    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Perrish Cox                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

Ryan Kerrigan                    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0

De'Vondre Campbell               0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0

Ahkello Witherspoon              0    0    0    0    1   34    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0

William Moore                    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           2        0         0        0

Peyton Hillis                        8             0

Joseph Fauria                        5             0

Brett Franklin                       4             1

Jack Conklin                         3             1

Greg Olsen                           2             0

Mitch Petrus                         2             0

Donald Stephenson                    2             1

Tyrone Kelly                         1             0

Isaac Asiata                         1             0

Brad Seaton                          1             0

Stephone Anthony                     1             0

Menelik Watson                       1             0

Brandon Saine                        0             1

Advanced Stats

Notes

I treated the 3rd preseason similarly to how most other NFL teams do; I used it as my dress rehearsal. The offense ran like a finely-tuned machine, churning out 20 points in the 1st half with an unstoppable run game. Jordan Howard should top 1300 yards this season, if he can stay healthy. Trey Smith wasn't great today, as the Bucs could actually cover decently enough, but he still moved the ball rather well. This offense has more than enough weapons to get open and do damage. The O-line wasn't great, as Brett Franklin and Menelik Watson had subpar days, but that didn't affect too much.

The defense was perfect - those 7 points in the first quarter were due to a pick 6. They just kept handing the ball to Kareem Hunt, and the front seven wasn't letting him get anywhere. The Bucs offense was so bad they didn't get a 1st down until there were 30 seconds left in the 2nd quarter. The pass defense was especially terrific, not allowing Lloyd or Flacco to hit any receivers downfield. Our young DBs Witherspoon, Jones, and Guy all had great games. Oddly enough, we had 0 sacks and just 2 QB hits... veteran QBs like the two the Bucs used always get the ball out quicker in Madden 08. You'll notice QBs with low OVRs will take many more sacks.

Injuries

WR Dorial Green-Beckham is out for about 7 weeks with a knee problem. This means he'll miss at least 5 weeks of the regular season, which stinks since he's supposed to be my #2 WR. Thankfully Smith-Schuster looks capable and I have enough depth to fill in for him. Everyone else on the team is fully healthy.

Next Week - Preseason Week 4 VS Browns

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:53 pm

Preseason Week 4 - Vs Cleveland Browns

The Browns jump out to a 7-0 lead as LB Jordan Evans fails to cover the ultra-fast Duke Johnson on a wheel route. He goes for 81 yards!

Stefon Diggs drops yet another pass. In this alternate reality, he's bemoaned by Vikings fans because of his constant drops.
[img]
https://i.imgur.com/YEdr6XA.png[/img]
A Browns DB does a horrendous job of playing the ball, and lets Riley Cooper score on a 74 yard TD. Being a WR is child's play in Madden 08!

QB/HB Pat White makes an awkward throw to HB Giovani Bernard, who takes it 31 yards downfield before getting caught by a safety. All of our QBs have looked good this preseason.

WR Alex Erickson beats a LB for a TD catch from AJ McCarron. He's locked himself a roster spot with his strong preseason play.

LB De'Vondre Campbell makes a fantastic play on the ball to prevent a completion. The Browns only completed 7 passes in the entire game!

Ryan Kerrigan went nuts in the second half and finished the game with 4 sacks... yes, 4 sacks! The former 1st round bust is going to push for snaps, it seems! That's a nice problem to have.

Game Log

Browns              7    0    0    0    0          7
Vikings            10   21    3    3    0         37

Game Statistics:                   Browns    Vikings
First Downs                             6         22
Third Down Conversions                  1          4
Third Downs                            10         10
Third Down Percentage               10.0%      40.0%
Fourth Downs                            0          0
Offense Redzone Num                     0          4
Offense Redzone TDs                     0          3
Offense Redzone FGs                     0          1
Offense Redzone Percentage           0.0%     100.0%
Rushing Attempts                       14         33
Rushing Yards                          71        136
Rushing Average                       5.1        4.1
Rushing TDs                             0          1
Passing Yards                         101        338
Passing Completions                     7         20
Passing Attempts                       19         27
Completion Percentage               36.8%      74.1%
Passing Average                       5.3       12.5
Passing TDs                             1          3
Offensive Pass Interceptions            0          1
TOTAL OFFENSE                         172        474
Defensive Pass Interceptions            1          0
Punt Return Yards                       6          4
Kick Return Yards                     141         58
Punts                                   7          2
Punt Avg                             42.0       53.0
Fumbles                                 1          0
Fumbles Lost                            1          0
Penalties                               1          5
Penalty Yds                            10         40
Turnovers                               1          1
TIME OF POSSESSION                  14:58      28:47

Pat White                        5    6   63   83  10.5    0    1    0   22  150.0
A.J. McCarron                   11   15  206   73  13.7    1    2    1   74  127.1
Zach Mettenberger                4    6   87   66  14.5    2    0    0   31  109.7

Pat White                        9   46   5.1   18    0    0
Aaron Jones                      7   30   4.2   13    0    0
Giovani Bernard                  7   27   3.8   12    0    0
Brandon Saine                    7   26   3.7   13    1    0
Jordan Howard                    1    7   7.0    7    0    0
Peyton Hillis                    2    0   0.0    0    0    0

Riley Cooper                     3  100  33.3   74    1    0   54
JuJu Smith-Schuste               4   63  15.7   35    1    0    2
Giovani Bernard                  2   53  26.5   31    0    0   21
Alex Erickson                    3   44  14.6   24    1    0   -1
Stefon Diggs                     3   43  14.3   20    0    0    3
Orson Charles                    1   20  20.0   20    0    0    8
Joseph Fauria                    2   17   8.5   12    0    0    5
Brandon Saine                    1   12  12.0   12    0    0    1
Peyton Hillis                    1    4   4.0    4    0    0    0

Roger Glenn                      3    3  100          0    4    4  100          0        3          1
Josh Doe                         0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        5          0

Josh Doe                         2  106  53.0   60      0    0          0

Brandon Saine                    2   58  29.0    0   35
Alex Erickson                    0    0   0.0    0    0

Alex Erickson                    1    4   4.0    4    0
Brandon Saine                    0    0   0.0    0    0

Ryan Kerrigan                    6    0    4    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Johnthan Banks                   5    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         2        0
Joe Walker                       3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        1
Pat White                        3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Jonathan Jones                   3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Derek Rivers                     2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Jordan Evans                     2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Ahkello Witherspoon              2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0
Michael Bennett                  2    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Peyton Hillis                    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Perrish Cox                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
De'Vondre Campbell               1    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0
Miles Killebrew                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
JuJu Smith-Schuste               1    0    0    1    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Winston Guy                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           2        0         0        0

Peyton Hillis                        7             0
Brett Franklin                       6             0
Donald Stephenson                    6             0
Brad Seaton                          3             2
Mitch Petrus                         3             1
Giovani Bernard                      3             0
Menelik Watson                       2             0
Trai Turner                          2             0
Orson Charles                        2             0
Isaac Asiata                         2             0
JuJu Smith-Schuste                   1             0
Alex Erickson                        1             0
Stefon Diggs                         1             0

Individual Stats: Browns
Deshaun Watson                   1    6   81   16  13.5    2    1    0   81  118.7
Brandon Weeden                   6   13   48   46   3.6    4    0    0   13   55.9

Duke Johnson                     9   39   4.3    9    0    0
Thomas Rawls                     5   32   6.3   15    0    0

Duke Johnson                     1   81  81.0   81    1    0   55
Reuben Randle                    3   28   9.3   13    0    0    6
Justin Hunter                    3   20   6.6   10    0    2    3
Fred Davis                       0    0   0.0    0    0    1    0

Kirby Van Der Kamp               0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        2          0
Cairo Santos                     0    0    0          0    1    1  100          0        0          0

Kirby Van Der Kamp               7  294  42.0   57      0    3          0

Jarvis Landry                    2   46  23.0    0   24
Robert Alford                    5   95  19.0    0   22

Jarvis Landry                    1    6   6.0    6    0
Robert Alford                    0    0   0.0    0    0

Jalen Reeves-Maybin              6    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Derek Perry                      5    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Robert Alford                    4    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Dion Jordan                      4    0    2    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Janoris Jenkins                  4    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         2        0
Robert James                     3    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         3        0
Terrence Wheatley                3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Riddick Robinson                 3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Chris Borland                    3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0
Chris Jones                      3    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Caz Millard                      2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Darcel McBath                    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    1    0   0.0           0        0         2        0
DeForest Buckner                 2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Stanley Havili                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Fabian Moreau                    1    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Calais Campbell                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Adolphus Washington              1    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Denzel Perryman                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Dee Ford                         1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Shawn Murphey                        2             0
Carl Nicks                           2             0
Jared Veldheer                       2             3
Russell Bodine                       1             0
Jake Matthews                        1             0
Fred Davis                           1             0
Stanley Havili                       1             0
Richard Quinn                        1             0
Dee Ford                             1             0
Jason Kelce                          1             0
Riley Reiff                          1             1
Andy Alleman                         0             1

Advanced Stats

* Notes *

The Vikings' backups crushed the Browns 1st-teamers. The Browns offense was forced to grind to a halt, as rookie QB Deshaun Watson completed a single pass in the 1st half. I was very impressed with my DBs, which usually struggle in the preseason. That wasn't the case today! 3rd round rookie Ahkello Witherspoon has been really good this preseason, despite the usual trend of rookie CBs stinking for me. Jonathan Jones allowed just a single pass as well. FS Winston Guy has looked the part as a starting safety, and Deunta Williams is a solid vet.

Meanwhile, Ryan Kerrigan was out for blood, as he ripped off 4 sacks against RT Jared Veldheer. I was not expecting a dominating performance out of a 77 OVR DE who has barely accomplished anything in his career so far. I will have to work him in to some 3rd down packages where Taylor, Floyd, Odighizuwa, and Kerrigan can all rush the passer at once.

On offense, all was well. AJ McCarron appears to be one of the NFL's best backups as he shot some passes into tight windows. Smith-Schuster got some more experience, and he'll need it as he will line up as our #2 WR with DGB out for the first 5-6 weeks. The rest of the WR corps will fill out with Cooper, Diggs, and Erickson. Giovani Bernard will also mix in at WR.

The running game looked good, as I mixed the HBs around to my heart's content. The O-line has been condusive to the HBs so far, with good run blocking performances from Brad Seaton, Trai Turner, and Isaac Asiata. LG Menelik Watson has struggled with the run game so far, perhaps due to being a RT his whole career.

-- Preseason Awards --

I thought it might be a good idea to give out rankings for the best performers this preseason. Here's a quick ranking:

Offense:

Gold: WR JuJu Smith-Schuster 15-226-3 (catches-yards-TDs)
Silver: LT Jack Conklin 0 pass busts, 1 run bust
Bronze: QB Zach Mettenberger 304-2-0 (17 for 22)

Defense:

Gold: FS Winston Guy 1 interception, 3 deflections, targeted 9 times gave up 2 catches for 13 yards
Silver: DE Ryan Kerrigan 6 sacks
Bronze: CB Ahkello Witherspoon 3 deflections, targeted 14 times gave up 6 catches for 63 yards

Coming Soon - 2020 Season Preview

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:49 pm

Vikings Roster News

Cut HB Aaron Jones

The Vikings weren’t going to keep 5 HBs on the roster with all of them healthy, and Jones didn’t show all that much during the preseason. He had a few nice runs, but the majority of his carries didn’t go anywhere. Jones may not resurface in the NFL again.

Signed DE Chandler Jones (2 years, $3M)

Jones is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL in real life, but in this reality, Jones was a 1st round bust drafted by the Packers. Jones tallied a total of 2 sacks in his 5 year career between Green Bay and Atlanta, but at only 28 years old, he’s still in his physical prime. He’ll clearly be behind rotational DEs Rivers Kerrigan, but all he needs is one injury to hop into the rotation.

I didn't need to make any other moves, since WR Dorial Green-Beckham is the only hurt player. I will likely make some more moves throughout the season, but for now, I'm happy with our 55 man roster.

And now, for the regular season schedule:

Regular Season Schedule:

(record is their 2019 record)
Week 1: Vs Seahawks 10-6
Week 2: At Saints 9-7
Week 3: At Colts 11-5
Week 4: Vs Titans 11-5
Week 5: At Pilots 7-9
Week 6: Bye
Week 7: At Falcons 2-14
Week 8: Vs Texans 4-12
Week 9: Vs Pilots 7-9
Week 10: Vs Lions 7-9
Week 11: Vs Panthers 10-6
Week 12: At Lions 7-9
Week 13: At Packers 5-11
Week 14: Vs Buccaneers 7-9
Week 15: Vs Packers 5-11
Week 16: At Eagles 15-1
Week 17: At Jaguars 10-6

I'll say, this is a pretty crappy schedule. I hate playing the Lions and Packers twice with only a game in between them. Having a stretch of 4 straight home games is just weird, as well. The thing is, I'm going to win most of these games without any problems, so it's not a big problem.

Next time: Week 1 Vs Seattle Seahawks

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:12 pm

Week 1: Seattle Seahawks at Minnesota Vikings

On the first drive of the game, CB Perrish Cox gives up a pass and then is plowed over by Calvin Johnson. Seattle is suddenly up 7-0.

HB Jordan Howard is a beast, crashing forward through a crowd of Seattle defenders. Howard had a phenomenal outing today.

TE Greg Olsen makes a big catch and busts through a tackle.

The first TD of the year goes to backup HB Brandon Saine, who left devastation in his wake.

The Seahawks use a bizarre formation where 4 players all line up on the right hash mark and allow the Vikings to do whatever they want. It doesn't work, as Stefon Diggs (#89) gets a 27 yard gain.

Seahawks QB Doug Ferris tosses a pick straight to Rodgers-Cromartie, and he takes it to the house. These types of plays are why CPU teams rarely beat me.

Former Viking TE John Carlson catches a TD. Ryan Shazier lost him in coverage, and the Seahawks make this one 20-14 (Vikings are up).

Trey Smith dumps a short pass off to Stefon Diggs, who is guided by JuJu Smith-Schuster, and thanks to a key block from Riley Cooper, he puts it in the endzone.

The Seahawks were physically abused in today's matchup, with Peyton Hillis punishing Brandon Flowers and scores another TD.

Julio Jones torches Dee Milliner for a 38 yard pass. The Seahawks didn't pass to Julio enough in this contest, in my humble opinion.

Jordan Howard flies through a big hole and cashes in a 45 yard TD late in the game. The Hawks had no answers for the Vikings' various offensive weapons.

The Vikings ended up winning this one 41-14. Roster-wise the Seahawks are among the NFC's best teams, so you can already tell the Vikings are going to cruise to a 14-15 win season, at minimum.

Game Stats

Seahawks            7    7    0    0    0         14
Vikings            10   17    7    7    0         41

Game Statistics:                 Seahawks    Vikings

First Downs                             7         16

Third Down Conversions                  0          3

Third Downs                            10          7

Third Down Percentage                0.0%      42.9%

Fourth Downs                            2          0

Offense Redzone Num                     2          3

Offense Redzone TDs                     1          2

Offense Redzone FGs                     0          0

Offense Redzone Percentage          50.0%      66.7%

Rushing Attempts                       14         31

Rushing Yards                          27        211

Rushing Average                       1.9        6.8

Rushing TDs                             0          2

Passing Yards                         230        193

Passing Completions                    17         16

Passing Attempts                       29         20

Completion Percentage               58.6%      80.0%

Passing Average                       7.9        9.6

Passing TDs                             2          2

Offensive Pass Interceptions            3          1

TOTAL OFFENSE                         257        404

Defensive Pass Interceptions            1          3

Punt Return Yards                       7         13

Kick Return Yards                      91         42

Punts                                   6          2

Punt Avg                             37.8       32.0

Fumbles                                 0          2

Fumbles Lost                            0          2

Penalties                               3          2

Penalty Yds                            25         20

Turnovers                               3          3

TIME OF POSSESSION                  18:25      25:35

Trey Smith                      15   18  181   83  10.0    0    2    1   32  122.4

A.J. McCarron                    1    2   17   50   8.5    1    0    0   17   79.2

Jordan Howard                   17  167   9.8   45    1    1

Brandon Saine                    6   28   4.6   19    1    0

Trey Smith                       2   11   5.5    6    0    0

Giovani Bernard                  3    5   1.6    5    0    1

Peyton Hillis                    1    2   2.0    2    0    0

JuJu Smith-Schuste               2   -2  -1.0    0    0    0

Greg Olsen                       3   50  16.6   32    0    0   11

Stefon Diggs                     3   40  13.3   27    1    0   18

Riley Cooper                     2   34  17.0   25    0    0   16

JuJu Smith-Schuste               2   18   9.0   11    0    0    8

Mike Wallace                     2   17   8.5   11    0    0    0

Pat White                        1   17  17.0   17    0    0    4

Peyton Hillis                    1    9   9.0    9    1    0    6

Jordan Howard                    1    7   7.0    7    0    0    3

Joseph Fauria                    1    6   6.0    6    0    0    4

Roger Glenn                      2    2  100          0    5    5  100          0        0          0

Josh Doe                         0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        8          4

Josh Doe                         2   64  32.0   41      0    0          0

Brandon Saine                    2   42  21.0    0   24

Brandon Saine                    1   13  13.0   13    0

Perrish Cox                      5    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         5        0

William Moore                    5    0    0    0    0    0    0    1   17  17.0           1        0         0        0

Dee Milliner                     5    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         3        0

Dont'a Hightower                 4    3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Hilee Taylor                     3    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Dominique Rodgers                3    0    1    0    0    0    1    1   25  25.0           0        0         3        0

Johnthan Banks                   2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0

Owa Odighizuwa                   2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Jordan Evans                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

Michael Bennett                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Mitch Petrus                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Trey Smith                       1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

T.J. McDonald                    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Ahkello Witherspoon              1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Ryan Shazier                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

Riley Cooper                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Timmy Jernigan                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Andy Studebaker                  1    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Miles Killebrew                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Deunta Williams                  0    0    0    0    0    0    0    1   30  30.0           0        0         0        0

Brett Franklin                       8             0

Menelik Watson                       7             0

Mitch Petrus                         7             0

Peyton Hillis                        5             0

Tyrone Kelly                         4             0

Greg Olsen                           3             0

Joseph Fauria                        1             1

Mike Wallace                         1             0

Individual Stats: Seahawks

Doug Ferris                     16   27  241   59   8.9    3    2    2   47   82.4

Jacoby Brissett                  1    2   10   50   5.0    1    0    1   10   25.0

Chris Johnson                   12   29   2.4    9    0    0

Michael Burton                   1    2   2.0    2    0    0

Doug Ferris                      1   -4  -4.0    0    0    0

Calvin Johnson                   6   77  12.8   42    1    0   26

Julio Jones                      3   60  20.0   38    0    0    4

Dennis Spriggs                   2   55  27.5   47    0    1   22

Damian Williams                  3   53  17.6   31    0    1   16

DeShaun Swift                    1    3   3.0    3    0    0    1

Chris Johnson                    1    3   3.0    3    0    0    0

John Carlson                     1    0   0.0    0    1    0    0

Nate Kaeding                     0    0    0          0    2    2  100          0        0          0

Ryan Plackemeier                 0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        3          0

Ryan Plackemeier                 6  227  37.8   47      0    0          0

Chris Johnson                    4   91  22.7    0   38

Chris Johnson                    1    7   7.0    7    0

Dewayne Bradley                 12    1    0    1    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         2        1

Terrence Manley                  6    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Dominique Barber                 4    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

Jamie Collins                    3    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Terrell Manning                  3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0

Chris Nixon                      3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        1

Elijah Lee                       2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

David Tennell                    2    0    0    1    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        1

Brandon Flowers                  2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         2        0

Leonard Williams                 2    0    0    0    1    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Sean Davis                       1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Sam McGrady                      1    1    0    0    0    0    0    1    1   1.0           1        0         0        0

Jamaal Anderson                  0    0    0    0    1    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

Michael Burton                       3             0

Oniel Cousins                        3             0

Winston Justice                      2             0

Chad Rinehart                        2             1

Ryan Ramcyzk                         1             0

Jah Reid                             1             0

Game Summary

The game started off on the wrong foot, as CB Perrish Cox got trashed by Calvin Johnson twice and the Seahawks got up 7-0. I ensured this wouldn't happened again, as I locked in Rodgers-Cromartie on Johnson's side of the field. The offense started off a bit slow, only getting a FG on our first drive, but things got going after that. Running the ball with Jordan Howard and Brandon Saine proved to be rather easy.

The Seahawks got some momentum in the 2nd quarter when Trey Smith tossed an interception on a miscommunication with Mike Wallace. Doug Ferris returned the favor with a Pick 6, giving the Vikings a 17-7 lead. They did come back on a nice drive after a 52 yard kick return followed by a 47 yard pass to

WR Dennis Spriggs. Seattle made this one a game in the first half, but from this point forward the Vikings steamrolled them.

The Seahawks had no answers for Olsen, Wallace, Diggs, Cooper, and Smith-Schuster. The running game was even better than the passing game, to boot. Meanwhile, Seattle failed to convert 2 4th downs in the 3rd quarter, which sealed their fate. The Vikings did screw up in the 4th quarter with 2 lost fumbles, one from Bernard and another from Howard. Jordan's fumble was acceptable as he roasted the defense for 174 yards from scrimmage.

Advanced Stats

-- Eagles update --

The Eagles flattened the Piranhas (Redskins) 38-14. Both teams are 1-0 now.

Next Week: At Saints

Return to “Madden Journals”