does anyone convert pc to ps2 rosters?

KO'BBF
MVP

Re: does anyone convert pc to ps2 rosters?

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:48 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
KO'BBF wrote::D im looking for a hand out ;)

i would like to convert a madden 08 pc roster to be used on madden 08 ps2. how can i do that?

I'll throw you a bone. You have to use the PS2 save file tools (mymc) to extract the savefile from PS2 memory card. Once you do that, you just need to open the savefile in savebuilder to extract the roster. Open extracted roster in a DB editor, then import the PC version of the "play table" only into the PS2 roster. Save, reimport into the PS2 roster. Drop that into your save file. Load on your memory card and play. I did it last year and have some info in my PC/PS2 Merger Topic. The process should take about 5-10 minutes max.

Don't forget to reorder depth charts once you're in Madden ps2 before you start a game or franchise.

Tools you need are: ps2 savebuilder and ps2 mymc.

how well do the face ID numbers match up from PC to PS2?
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:04 am

KO'BBF wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
KO'BBF wrote::D im looking for a hand out ;)

i would like to convert a madden 08 pc roster to be used on madden 08 ps2. how can i do that?

I'll throw you a bone. You have to use the PS2 save file tools (mymc) to extract the savefile from PS2 memory card. Once you do that, you just need to open the savefile in savebuilder to extract the roster. Open extracted roster in a DB editor, then import the PC version of the "play table" only into the PS2 roster. Save, reimport into the PS2 roster. Drop that into your save file. Load on your memory card and play. I did it last year and have some info in my PC/PS2 Merger Topic. The process should take about 5-10 minutes max.

Don't forget to reorder depth charts once you're in Madden ps2 before you start a game or franchise.

What do you mean?

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:32 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
KO'BBF wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:I'll throw you a bone. You have to use the PS2 save file tools (mymc) to extract the savefile from PS2 memory card. Once you do that, you just need to open the savefile in savebuilder to extract the roster. Open extracted roster in a DB editor, then import the PC version of the "play table" only into the PS2 roster. Save, reimport into the PS2 roster. Drop that into your save file. Load on your memory card and play. I did it last year and have some info in my PC/PS2 Merger Topic. The process should take about 5-10 minutes max.

What do you mean?

in madden 08/madden 07 on the PC John Abraham has face id#2. does the table in the ps2 game match up exactly? does ps2 have John Abraham as face id#2?

the skin tone in madden is applied with the face id. i am making a roster that i am having converted to ps2 and before i seal it up i was just being sure that the skin tones/face id's in the pc roster will transfer correctly to the ps2
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:25 am

from what i gathers from my little amount of testing, it looks like the faces match up. Abraham has face "2" in game, ps2

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:56 pm

KO'BBF wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
KO'BBF wrote:

What do you mean?

in madden 08/madden 07 on the PC John Abraham has face id#2. does the table in the ps2 game match up exactly? does ps2 have John Abraham as face id#2?

the skin tone in madden is applied with the face id. i am making a roster that i am having converted to ps2 and before i seal it up i was just being sure that the skin tones/face id's in the pc roster will transfer correctly to the ps2

Yes PS2 Madden and PC 08 face ID tables are exactly the same. When I imported the roster last season, I didn't see any odd skin tones. Mahomes was light tone. Tyreek Hill dark tone was correct.

I also read some where here in my travels that the Face ID Kit is a combo of PC and PS2 faces. You can also do some comparison on your own with the two portrait.dat files from each platform.

Return to “Other Madden versions”