New Fool; Old Game: Madden 2008 PC

Azimeir
Rookie

Postby Azimeir » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:32 am

I have just purchased Madden 2008 (yes, I purchased it), got my game installed, also bought a easysmx xbox controller. All sources I've found say that downloading the Xbox 360 drivers will make the controller work with the game. I am not having what I would define as success. My OS is Windows 8.1.

The game does see the controller but only most of the buttons actually work. The triggers do not register as 7 and 8, the start and select buttons do. For instance, the games needs be to hit start and select to stiff arm right and left. It will not allow me to remap. It thinks 7 and 8 buttons are the start and select and no button is assigned to the triggers. I'm sure this is a drivers issue, and I have downloaded the drivers from Microsoft.

My second question is not a deal breaker, but it would be cool if, once loaded into the game, the controller could be used exclusively to navigate the menus. In other words, you're set up with Madden 2008 on your PC and you can use the controller to cycle through menus, then this is another thing that my controller is fouling up. D-pad. Whatever. I don't know.

If there is a better or more appropriate source for this kind of inquiry, please point me in the direction.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: New Fool; Old Game: Madden 2008 PC

Postby RevanFan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:45 am

I can't help with the controller issues. I only play on keyboard. But I can inform you that, sadly, there is no way to navigate the menus with anything other than a mouse.

I hope you enjoy your experience with the game, regardless of the limitations.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Azimeir
Rookie

Re: New Fool; Old Game: Madden 2008 PC

Postby Azimeir » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:13 am

I've mostly got the controller working. I still have to use start to view the play pre-snap and for some reason in replays the stick will only pivot the camera up and down while the triggers move the camera right and left... goofy computers.

BUT I can work with it. I started building my playbook. Hope I can use them in franchise mode. I remember having bad-ass playbook in 2004 and being able to use it in franchise mode, and then in 2005 it wouldn't allow it.

Return to “Other Madden versions”