Classic mode: Clrdk homemade sliders and setup

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
clrdk
MVP

Postby clrdk » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:37 am

The latest slider and setup update: 31. March 2016

Difficulty: All-pro
Cone = on
Regular season and playoff Injury sliders: simulate = 102 and Human = 102 (change from 103)
12 min. quarters with acc. clock = on

Clrdk homemade sliders:

Code: Select all

Slider                         Human   CPU
QB Accuracy                       40    65 (CPU +3, CPU+2)
Pass Blocking                      0    30 (CPU +5, CPU +5) 
Receiver Catching                 45    70 (Human -5)
Running Ability                   43    67 (Human -5, Human -2, CPU -2, CPU +4)
Offensive line Run Blocking       25    30 (CPU +5)
Defensive Awareness               24    99 (Human -1) 
Defensive line Knockdowns         17    99
Interceptions                      5    50
Defensive Break Blocks             0    10
Tackling                          30    50 (Human -5)
Fieldgoal Length                  39    40
Fieldgoal Accuracy                 0    92
Punt Length                       56    56
Punt Accuracy                      0    99
Kickoff Length                    64    64

Penalty sliders:
    Clipping [0-99] = 99
    Def. Pass Interference [0-99] = 99
    Face Mask [0-99] = 99
    False Start [0-99] = 99
    Holding [0-99] = 94
    Intentional Grounding [0-99] = 99
    KR/PR Catch Interference [0-99] = 99
    Off. Pass Interference [0-99] = 99
    Offsides [On/Off] = On
    Penalties [On/Off] = On
    Roughing Kicker [0-99] = 99
    Roughing Passer [0-99] = 99

Comments to my sliders version from the 31. March 2016
Difficulty: All-pro
Cone = on

Slider | Human | CPU
QB Accuracy | 40 | 65
Human = 40 feels perfect. I took with my first overall pick in the 2008 DRAFT QB Derrick Logan, Type: Scramble. Overall (OVR) = 83,
Arm Strength (THPC) = 89, Throwing Accuracy (THA) = 82, Awareness (AWR) = 71, Acceleration (ACC) = 86 and Speed (SPD) = 87. The main reason I choose him was that he was a top prospect and his injury (INJ) = 99, his toughness (TGH) = 97 and I want a QB with low level of injuries, but I have never played with a scrambling QB before, that have been a fun challenge, where my young QB have run for around 200 yards with a couple of TDs each season.
QB Derrick Logan passing stats:
2008: Completion% 54, 3787 yards, 30 TDs, QB rating 69.7
2009: Completion% 58, 3557 yards, 19 Tds, QB rating 85.2
2010: Completion% 58, 3607 yards, 24 Tds, Qb rating 85.3
2011: completion% 54, 3292 yards, 19 Tds, QB rating 73.2
CPU = 65, it is working okay and also CPU teams rookie QB can give me problems if their OL can make the protection.

Pass Blocking | 0 | 30
Human pass Blocking = 0 and CPU Defensive Break Blocks = 10 have worked good, but it have been difficult. My young QB have been under a lot of pressure the last four season and sacks more than 150 times. Last season (2011) the CPU teams main focus was to stop my young QB, after Buccs won the SUPER BOWL in 2010 and named SB MVP, Buccs gave up 51 sacks in following season. But again it was a fun challenge and I found a solution and won the SUPER BOWL in 2011.
CPU Pass Blocking = 30 and Human Defensive Break Blocks = 0 is in the high end, but I feel it is necessary that kind of protecting for the CPU QB or my defense can just blitz him out of the field, especially the CPU rookie QBs and it is still happening in some games.

Receiver Catching | 45 | 70
Human = 45, there is alot of bad drops from my receivers, especially my 2rd receiver is number 1 in drops, but it felt right and if my QB get into good rythme and the I calls the right plays, my QB will complete up to 70% of his throws to his receivers, but on the other hand if my QB have a bad day my QB can easily complete under 50%.
CPU =70 is also working fine for me, But I had problems covering the CPU receivers, because Buccs secondary had not been good enough, so I have called a lots of blitzes the last four season, but it had help alot when I picked in 1. round CB Blake Wells in the draft 2010

Running Ability | 43* | 67
I played with Human = 45 from 2008 - 2011
2008: 1482 yards, 14 TDs ranked 24
2009: 1698 yards, 17 TDs ranked 12
2010: 1793 yards, 20 TDs ranked 8
2011: 1921 yards, 25 TDs ranked 4
In these 4 seasons I played with runningbacks, OVR = 80-85, I think it need a little change around 5% from 45 to 43 (earlier I have tried to play with Human = 40, but I think it get to unbalance with CPU Defensive Awareness = 99)
CPU = 67, It had worked okay and the CPU teams need all the help they can, if it is to easy to stop to CPU run game, it will also be to easy to blitz the CPU QB.

Offensive line Run Blocking | 25 | 30
Human Offensive line Run Blocking = 25 with CPU Defensive Break Blocks = 10
CPU Offensive line Run Blocking = 30 with Human Defensive Break Blocks = 0
The run game for both the Human and CPU working good and both the Human and CPU get good blocking if the right play is called.

Defensive Awareness | 24 | 99
Human = 24, it is in the low end, but it has been necessary for me to still have a fun and challenge franchise (before I played with 25).
CPU = 99, I played with this setup since Madden 2004 and it the right way for me.

Defensive line Knockdowns | 17 | 99
Human = 17, I have just used redwolf CPU vs CPU slider setup
CPU= 99, I also played with this setup since Madden 2004

Interceptions | 5 | 50
I have played with Human = 5 from 2008 - 2011, but I have been a little concerned when my young star CB Blake Wells made 8 Ints in 2011 season
Here is Buccs stats:
2008: 9 Ints, ranked 32
2009: 16 Ints, ranked 16
2010: 13 Ints, ranked 32
2011: 20 Ints ranked 22
It stats seems okay, I don't think the slider need to change.
CPU = 50, the working great, a bad throw will have consequences for the human QB, my young QB threw 33 ints in a wild rookie season

Defensive Break Blocks | 0 | 10
See under Offensive line Run Blocking & Pass Blocking

Tackling | 30 | 50
I started with human = 35 in my slider setup, but have played with human = 30 for the last four seasons and it had work okay, it give the CPU more opportunities on offense, and after I upgraded my defense in the draft from 2008 to 2011 it seem the right way to go.

Fieldgoal Length | 39 | 40
Fieldgoal Accuracy | 0 | 92
Punt Length | 56 | 56
Punt Accuracy | 0 | 99
Kickoff Length | 64 | 64
I have always used Redwolf and his teams speciel team slider, but I play with Fieldgoal Accuracy and Punt Accuracy = 0. It is still easy to kick FG and punt, but now I miss sometimes in bad weather. I also decided to help the CPU punter to get a more balance game.
FUN Fact: With my young kicker Peter Thomas, kicking power (KPW) = 97, I think his record is a 56 yard FG with these sliders

I still love the game :D

Comments to my first sliders version from 22. September 2011
I have been playing Madden08 when it got released and I always been looking for balance, realistic stats and a fun game. I like to take a bad team to greatness, but I never played more than a couple of season in earlier madden versions, because there fun didn’t last and I didn’t like winning the SUPER BOWL every season.

In madden 08 I started to play with Nza All-madden sliders and his Madden guide, but after 4 seasons I got tired of the bonus/boost the CPU team got at the all-madden level. But I have to say that Nza Madden Guide have help me having an ongoing franchise and to have fun every season, I come back to that later.

I then began to look after some all pro sliders and tried a lot of different sets, then I began to test my own where I was very focus on how the CPU teams was playing, so I could get a balance game.
I have used a lot of the setup from Redwolff and his teams coach mode & cpu vs. cpu slider sets, so the CPU could get some okay stats.

I will go through my sliders choice.

Cone/QB vision=on
I have tried out cone/QB vision=optional, cone/QB vision=off and I found that the CPU QB is more precise with cone/QB vision=on and throwing less INTs + I like to play with cone=on and the effects on the QB, the lower the QB AWR, the smaller the cone and the more difficult is to throw a precise passes

injury sliders
I playing with in-game injury slider at 102, I don’t think I can go higher, because the CPU QB will get injured to offend. I only play with simulate injury slider at 102, because the CPU teams still will get a okay level of injuries and if the injuries if getting too high, it will get too easy to win the games later in the season .
I get a lot of injuries during the games, but most of injuries only last quarter or a game, so that one of the reason that I simulate 4 of the season.

12 min. quarters with acc. clock = on
There will around 120 offensive plays in one game and with acc. Clock = on I have maximum 19 second to make my pre-snap adjustments, I think it work very well after some training.

QB Accuracy
Human QB Accuracy = 40 and cone=on is very close connected, I have tried to play default = 50 and 45 and it get easier the more experience (AWR) the human QB gets + if Human QB accuracy get higher, the QB attribute “passing accuracy” will have less effect and the deep pass will be too easy to complete. So I think too have long ongoing franchise, the Human QB Accuracy can’t get any higher. If I lower the QB Accuracy more I will get to many drops and the Human QB completion % will be to low.

CPU QB accuracy = 60 working close with CPU receiver catching = 70 + CPU blocking = 20 + Human Defensive Break Blocks = 0 and Human Awareness = 25
I have play with a lot of All-pro sliders, but the big problems with these sliders is to get CPU teams QB over 50% pass completion and a normal level of INTs, but also 3. Downs conversion need to get up.
I found out that CPU QBs needed a lot of pass blocking help and especially the Human players LE made to many sacks, just by spreading the Human DL. I found out it worked okay with a pass block ratio = 20/0 (CPU Pass Blocking / Human Defensive Break Block)

I have still needed to play with CPU Receiver Catching = 70, so the CPU receivers can run their routes a little better and the CPU QB can release the ball a little quicker + with CPU Human defensive awareness = 25 and Human interceptions = 5, CPU QBs will get okay stats.

It a challenge to play defense with these CPU offensive sliders, but it is possible, if I can make the right defensive play calls. I will still have okay sacks + INTs stats and the CPU receivers will still drop some balls

Pass Blocking
Human pass blocking ratio 0/10 compare to CPU pass blocking ratio 20/0 is very different, one the reason is that the CPU QB need more time to release the ball. Read more under QB Accuracy

Receiver Catching
Human = 50 Update: I now play wiht Human = 45
It think there is no need to Human Catching higher than 50, I will get a more drops in the start of the season, but as the season progress and my WRs and QB get better I will get fewer drops.

CPU = 70
See under QB Accuracy

Running Abillity
Human = 50, have always played with default Update: I now play with Human = 45

CPU = 63, tried out Redwolff and his teams slider and that have worked great.

Offensive line blocking
Human = 25 working close with CPU Defensive Break Block = 10
In my first version I played with 30 / 10 and that was working okay, but after my OL got better it was getting to easy to run the ball and convert 3. down with 1 & 2 yards

Update
I have now played 3 seasons with my Bills franshise and need to take the A. Schobel effect in the equation for my sliders setup.

Defense stats for season 2009:

http://www.clrdkmaddenchise.dk/leaders.php?cat=def&year=2009&skin=default&sortDir=DESC&sortBy=loss

I seems that the CPU teams have very few “Tackle For Loss” (TFL) compared to my Bills team.
Ex. All Saints and Patriots defensive players have only 15 TFL compare to A. Schobel 14 TFL in the 2009 regular season.

I will therefore change the CPU Offensive line Run Blocking = 30 (from 25), I also think that will have a positive effect on the CPU passing game with fewer 3. Down and long situations

Defensive Awareness
Human = 25
First I tried to play with Human = 30, but it was too easy to cover the CPU WRs and to stop the running game. With Human Defensive Awareness = 25 and together with Interceptions = 5
the game is much more balance, I will still get INTs and good CB, SS will still make it to the Pro Bowl. But now he cannot make it on his own, he need to have a reasonable OL to pressure the CPU QB to make mistakes.

CPU = 99
I have played with CPU = 99 sinces madden 2004 on all-pro, I think it worked fine and when I got use to play with cone=on it is the only way to go or the game will get to easy.

Defensive line Knockdowns
CPU = 99
I have also played the sliders on MAX since madden 2004 and it had worked fine and the running backs fumble the ball more, if I forget to protect the ball.

Human = 17
Using Redwolff and his teams slider and that have worked great

Interceptions
Human = 5
I think that it right level = 5 is just perfect, if my players is not good enough and I meet super CPU QB I will get very few INTs, but the better my players is getting I will get more INTs

CPU = 50
With CPU slider = 50, my QB will get intercepted most of the times, if he thrown it into double coverage, I have to consider taking a sack instead of just throwing the ball and get intercepted.
If I lower the level I can just throwing the ball without consequences.

Speciel team slider
I have always used Redwolff and his teams speciel team slider, but this time have made some changing on the human side, because it very easy to punt and kick a FG, with Fieldgoal Accuracy and Punt Accuracy = 0, it is still easy to kick FG and punt, but now I miss sometime. I also decided to help the CPU punter to get a more balance game.

Code: Select all

Fieldgoal Length                  39    40
Fieldgoal Accuracy                 0    92
Punt Length                       56    56
Punt Accuracy                      0    99
Kickoff Length                    64    64

Penalty sliders
I also using Redwolff and his teams slider and I think is just the right level.
I will always get more penalties in start of season and if I play against a better CPU OL the judges will call more penalties against my team and vice versa.
In a few matches, penalties have decided the outcome of the game.
I had a game where my team (Toronto Moose) was behind with 4 point , my team got the ball on their own 25 line with 2 minutes left of the game, shortly after they had a 3. down and 5 yards, then all went wrong and the judges called two holding penalties on the next two plays and my team now got a 3. down and 25 yards - very bad situation and my team punted the ball on 4. down, and lost the game. Annoying way to lose the game, but I think it was very realistic ;)

But to have long-term fun ongoing franchise the sliders cannot stand alone and here is Nza Madden guide coming into the picture

The longer the franchise is going on the more important is the Human salary.
Nza madden guide startes with a salary cap of 90 mio. $ and it is raised with 3 mio. $ every offseason (as I control manually). The CPU teams har still using the default salary, which start with 109 mio. $, 122,08 mio. $ in the 2. season. In 5. season (2011) the Human salary cap will be 105 mio $ and the CPU teams salary cap will be 171,29 mio $ a difference of 59 mio $.

I have then put in a little more restricted rules in the offseason, when I want to resign and signe new players in the offseason
• The Player Resigning stage: if I want to resigne a player, I have to accept the contract the player wants.
• In free agent stage: If I want to signe a player, I have to accept the contract the player wants
• I can restructure one contract every season, I can only change the length of the contract. ex a high paied players with 1 year left of his contract, I can give him a new 7 years contract, but I have to pay want he wants

The salary cap and these extra rules is to avoid that my team don’t dominate season after season and win the SUPER BOWL every year.

There are a lot of other great things in Nza Guide

It will be a very good idea to read Nza's guidelines to get full benefit from a long-term ongoing franchise
Read more about it here : viewtopic.php?f=80&t=150

I have also started a new Bills franchise and have been using this setup, read more about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1071

One more thing to my franshise setup

I always choice a team with a outdoor stadium, because I like the weather has an effect on the game play – rain, show, hard wind, foe. Especially rain and snow can happen many unexpected things - drops ball, fumbles and it also seem that my QB accuracy drops under these conditions. These things can have major effect on the outcome of a match - Especially in december month and in the play off games.

Here is how I play the game

Defense - Before the snap:

I can change the play with a autible.
I can change the DL setup (ex. spreading the linemen) and/or change a lineman assignment (ex from spy to blitz)
I can change all LBs, CBs and safeties routes, if I have the time :D
I can spotlight a receiver
I not allowed taking control of any defense players and change their position on the field, but off course if a TE or WR going in motion, I can assign my defense to go in better position .

Defense - After the snap:

I do not take control of any players, I watch the play and I am allowed to make a tackle if the play is a running play or if the ball is catched by the opponent receiver.

Offense - Before the snap:

I can change all I want and what I have time for – audible, motion, hot routes, smart routes, new primary receiver, but I don’t make any changing to the OL, excepted I can change the TE or HB/FB to a blocking assignment

Offense - After the snap:

If it is a running play I only take control of the runningback and if it is a passing play I only take control of the QB, I never have control of a receiver during a passing play.

I have been down memory lane and looked into my two franchises using madcat
7 seasons with my Bills franchise, http://www.clrdkmaddenchise.dk and only season with Chicago Bears,
http://allpromaddenchise.dk/index.php?year=2007&skin=Alp and now my first season with Tampa Bay Buccaneers, http://www.allpromaddenchise.dk

It took some time for me to understand have great a tool Madcat was and easy to use, I began to use Madcat in the 3. season (2009) and in Super Bowl game in the 2011 season I began to also write weekly story on my website and in the last season I also began make youtube films.

But the very first season with is still very clear to me, with a very bad start and Bills lost their first 4 games and halfway through the season Bills had a record of 2-6, but Bills ended up with a chance to get a playoff spot if Bills won the final game against Eagles, But Bills got out played against a great Eagles offense.

My story on footballidiot http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1071
From my website: http://clrdkmaddenchise.dk/index.php?year=2007&skin=default

The next season Bills went to the playoff, but was sent out very quickly when Bills rookie QB was intercepted 5 times by a great Ravens defense.

In the he 3. season (2009) Bills won the SUPER BOWL against Eagles (My slider was getting to easy for me, and I began make some changes to sliders the folowing season)

The 4. season (2010) I used alot of time to get my sliders back on track.

I started Buffalo Bills 2010 season by changing sliders
CPU Offensive line Run Blocking to 30 (+5)
CPU Pass Blocking to 25 (+5)
Human Receiver Catching 45 (-5)
Human Running Ability 45 (-5)
I played one game with Human Running Abillty with 40, but it seem to unrealistic, when I play with CPU Defensive Awareness = 99 and I went back to 45.

I got some inspiration from ColtFan journal: Jacksonville Jaguars 2011-Onward
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3519#p14852

I made a change in week 10 : CPU QB Accuracy to 63 (+3)
Another change in week 16: CPU Running Ability to 67 (+4)

The great moments in 2010 season was the 3 games against division rival Patriots, the 3. game was the AFC championship Bills lost to Patriots, a great rivalry.

The following season 2011 Bills reached the SUPER Bowl with a backup QBs, that was another great game, Bills lost the game against New Orleans Saints
http://clrdkmaddenchise.dk/index.php?year=2011&skin=default

In the 2012 season, in week 5 I made another slider change, CPU QB Accuacy to 65 (+2),
Bills reached the playoff again, but lost the division title to Patriots. Bills won their wild card game and in the divison round meet Colts and amazing Peyton Manning was ready for them. Bills was outplayed and lost 31-20 and Colts won the SUPER BOWL that season.

The last season (2013) with my Bills franchise. Bills QB Nate Watters was outstanding until he got injuried in week 15, http://clrdkmaddenchise.dk/player.php?id=2022&skin=default
I made a change to my sliders in week 11, Human Defensive Awareness down to (-1) and in week 12 I change CPU Running ability down to 63 (-4).

Bills offense set a record of 6241 total offensive yards in 2013 season and Bills won the division title. In the playoff I played the most exciting madden game I have ever played against Steelers in the AFC championship and won 30-27 in the last second, http://clrdkmaddenchise.dk/

Bills closed a great season and won also the SUPER BOWL against Saints 17-7, http://clrdkmaddenchise.dk/gamecenter.php?year=2013&skin=Alp&gamelog=Saints%20at%20Bills%20-%20w21.txt

I started up my new franchise project up with Chicago Bears, which had one of the best defense in Madden,
There was some changing to my sliders during Bears 2007 season
In week 1, change Human tackling down to 33 (-2).
In week 14, change CPU Pass blocking to 27 (+2) and Human Interceptions up to 5 (+2)
In week 15, change CPU Pass blocking to 30 (+3), CPU Running ability went up again to 67 (+4) and Human Tackling down to 30 (-3)

Bears won a division title and reach the division round against Panthers, it was a epic game, which Bears lost 44 - 42
http://allpromaddenchise.dk/gamecenter.php?year=2007&skin=Alp&gamelog=Panthers%20at%20Bears%20-%20w19.txt.

I then decided to change my team to worst team in NFL, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and build up dynasty. I included one more little rule, in the 2008 offseason all Buccs players, which are above 25 years old and with a OVR Rating above 80 will be cut from the team before the first FA stage

Their have been alot excting games in first season with Buccs, and it have very surprising that Buccs have a positive record of 10-6 and won the NFC south division title. but 5 of the 10 victories was SUPER close.
I made one change to my sliders during Buccs 2008 season: week 12, Human interceptions back to 5 (+2)

Buccs won the wild card round against Dallas Cowboys and reach the divisional round, where their lost to St. Louis Rams.
http://allpromaddenchise.dk/index.php?year=2008&skin=Alp

It have been great fun so far and I expect to play a lot more season with this franshise and with the my lastest slider setup, which these sliders is seems to be spot on with my playing style.

That was just my 25 cent 8-)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Clrdk homemade sliders and setup

Postby Danchat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:15 am

I liked your slider ideas. I might use some of them.
But one thing came to mind for me.......free agent signings. When your team is good and probably won the super bowl (which is most peoples' franchises), you can sign almost any player and you could sign all the players you want, and CPU teams can't do very much about it, except to try and steal those 87 OVR and better free agents. The problem is that every player will sign with you over any team most of the time. So what could we do?
I make it a rule for myself now that on Day 1 I only offer to one player, on Day 2 I offer to one player, and etc. I try to give the CPUs a chance to sign some players.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Thanks for taking the time to post your results. Looks like it probably took a while. I like your ideas although I typically play coach mode I may give classic mode a try because I am getting a little board. Danchat I like your idea about only making one offer per day and I am going to try that.
Good luck and thanks again

clrdk
MVP

Postby clrdk » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Danchat wrote:I liked your slider ideas. I might use some of them.
But one thing came to mind for me.......free agent signings. When your team is good and probably won the super bowl (which is most peoples' franchises), you can sign almost any player and you could sign all the players you want, and CPU teams can't do very much about it, except to try and steal those 87 OVR and better free agents. The problem is that every player will sign with you over any team most of the time. So what could we do?
I make it a rule for myself now that on Day 1 I only offer to one player, on Day 2 I offer to one player, and etc. I try to give the CPUs a chance to sign some players.

I can see you point and it is a good idea, but I don't have that kind of problems. Because when I using Nza salary cap rule, I start with the salary cap of 90 mio. $ and raised only 3 mio $ every offseason, it means that I do not have so much money to spend on free agents.

Let say that I will win the Super Bowl in the 4. season (2010), my teams salary cap will be only 99 mio. $ compare to the CPU teams salary cap = 158,61 mio. $, by using my own rules
• The Player Resigning stage: if I want to resigne a player, I have to accept the contract the player wants.
• In free agent stage: If I want to signe a player, I have to accept the contract the player wants
• I can restructure one contract every season, I can only change the length of the contract. ex a high paied players with 1 year left of his contract, I can give him a new 7 years contract, but I have to pay want he wants

so if I buy to many free agents with "star quality" it will not take long before I get in big trouble with my salary cap.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Rixster67r wrote:Thanks for taking the time to post your results. Looks like it probably took a while. I like your ideas although I typically play coach mode I may give classic mode a try because I am getting a little board. Danchat I like your idea about only making one offer per day and I am going to try that.

Hey, Rixster, I have a quick question. Do you use different sliders for coach mode?
so if I buy to many free agents with "star quality" it will not take long before I get in big trouble with my salary cap.

Well, you do have a point. But if you had a team between super bowl type and mediocre type, almost any free agents will sign with you. Of course, if your team is awful, not as many will sign with you.
So on some of my franchises where salary cap isn't a problem, I find every single free agent I offer to (usually between 78 and 85 OVR) will sign with me.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Danchat wrote:
Rixster67r wrote:Thanks for taking the time to post your results. Looks like it probably took a while. I like your ideas although I typically play coach mode I may give classic mode a try because I am getting a little board. Danchat I like your idea about only making one offer per day and I am going to try that.

Hey, Rixster, I have a quick question. Do you use different sliders for coach mode?

Well, you do have a point. But if you had a team between super bowl type and mediocre type, almost any free agents will sign with you. Of course, if your team is awful, not as many will sign with you.
So on some of my franchises where salary cap isn't a problem, I find every single free agent I offer to (usually between 78 and 85 OVR) will sign with me.

I have used redwolfs sliders forever.......they are intended for coach mode

clrdk
MVP

Postby clrdk » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:15 am

The pleasure is on my side 8-) thanks for the feedback

NFLVICK7
MVP

Re: Classic mode: Clrdk homemade sliders and setup

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:45 pm

I have a question. If I use seven minute quarters with no accelerated clock will they still have the affect I'm looking for. (a more realistic outcome) I hate using acc clock. because if I get down by a lot early I want to have the time to come back. I don't want time running down unnecessarily.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

clrdk
MVP

Postby clrdk » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:16 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:I have a question. If I use seven minute quarters with no accelerated clock will they still have the affect I'm looking for. (a more realistic outcome) I hate using acc clock. because if I get down by a lot early I want to have the time to come back. I don't want time running down unnecessarily.

Yes, that should not be a problem to use 7 minutes quarter with no accelerated clock. I think you will get around the same number of offensive plays as using 12 minutes with accelerated clock = on

It’s also depend how you play the game and how most manual control you want to have over your defensive players cornerback (more sacks, more INT), run blocking (better blocking) and receiver (less drops) I don’t have any control of these things. But I like to change my plays both on offense and defense at the LOS, before the snap.

Here is how I play the game

Defense - Before the snap:

I can change the play with a autible.
I can change the DL setup (ex. spreading the linemen) and/or change a lineman assignment (ex from spy to blitz)
I can change all LBs, CBs and safeties routes, if I have the time :D
I can spotlight a receiver
I not allowed taking control of any defense players and change their position on the field, but off course if a TE or WR going in motion, I can assign my defense to go in better position .

Defense - After the snap:

I do not take control of any players, I watch the play and I am allowed to make a tackle if the play is a running play or if the ball is catched by the opponent receiver.

Offense - Before the snap:

I can change all I want and what I have time for – audible, motion, hot routes, smart routes, new primary receiver, but I don’t make any changing to the OL, excepted I can change the TE or HB/FB to a blocking assignment

Offense - After the snap:

If it is a running play I only take control of the runningback and if it is a passing play I only take control of the QB, I never have control of a receiver during a passing play.

I hope that can help you 8-)

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Yes, thanks man
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”