How Do I Set A Max Limit On An Attribute Permanently?

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:38 pm

Gaining some ground on a new gameplay mod that enforces M08 to play just like M23 by adjusting game speed, I have a method that works decent for now but I'd prefer to make it simple for everyone else to easily enjoy. Basically just globally edit the ACC on any roster makes the adjustment, but I'd like to have a hard set ceiling so it won't need to be readjusted each player progression week and for incoming rookies.

This is also create a mass overall change and could effect how CPU GM's look at players, a 99 overall WR with the ACC adjustment could be 85 overall and so on. Since everyone would be lower overall would it work as usual or would the CPU just think the whole league is trash?

TLDR: How do I set the max limit on ACC with the PORC Table in DB Templates 12 to a value less than 99 so it will never exceed that limit and how to edit OVR calculations?

Sponsor

Sponsor

TheRareButter
MVP

Re: How Do I Set A Max Limit On An Attribute Permanently?

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:14 pm

I've found a way to bypass the ACC rating with the OVR calculator. In the PORC table (DB Templates 12) set the values for every player under the "PACW","Acceleration" column to 0. Every player in the game has 60 ACC yet the same overall rating as before. Now to try and find a way to prevent it from progressing.

EDIT: Active players in the league didn't progress their ACC over the course of an entire season, but the rookies exceed the limit I set. This works for me due to NFL Head Coach (DB Template 8, PECI Table, PACW) having all 30 draft classes in it's strmdata that I can edit manually, but not for Madden 08. Where are the draft classes located?

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:02 am

TheRareButter wrote:I've found a way to bypass the ACC rating with the OVR calculator. In the PORC table (DB Templates 12) set the values for every player under the "PACW","Acceleration" column to 0. Every player in the game has 60 ACC yet the same overall rating as before. Now to try and find a way to prevent it from progressing.

EDIT: Active players in the league didn't progress their ACC over the course of an entire season, but the rookies exceed the limit I set. This works for me due to NFL Head Coach (DB Template 8, PECI Table, PACW) having all 30 draft classes in it's strmdata that I can edit manually, but not for Madden 08. Where are the draft classes located?

The draft class are randomly generated every franchise year unlike in NFL Head coach where it only shuffles the 30 draft classes stored in Strmdata

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:31 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:I've found a way to bypass the ACC rating with the OVR calculator. In the PORC table (DB Templates 12) set the values for every player under the "PACW","Acceleration" column to 0. Every player in the game has 60 ACC yet the same overall rating as before. Now to try and find a way to prevent it from progressing.

The draft class are randomly generated every franchise year unlike in NFL Head coach where it only shuffles the 30 draft classes stored in Strmdata

For HC, how would I apply this method of evading the ACC attribute on the OVR calculator? I don't want staff members to think a player sucks if they have low acceleration.

EDIT: Last question then I'll leave you alone, COTY is the COCH Table, is that Coaches Offensive Philosophy since CDTY is Coaches Defensive Philosophy?

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:02 am

TheRareButter wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:

For HC, how would I apply this method of evading the ACC attribute on the OVR calculator? I don't want staff members to think a player sucks if they have low acceleration.

EDIT: Last question then I'll leave you alone, COTY is the COCH Table, is that Coaches Offensive Philosophy since CDTY is Coaches Defensive Philosophy?

I reckon applying 0 on ACC in the PORC table so ACC has no weight in computing for OVR.
As for COTY and CDTY you are spot on.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:08 am

rogerjinx wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:

I reckon applying 0 on ACC in the PORC table so ACC has no weight in computing for OVR.

And for HC06 philosophy = scheme?

You mean PECI? I don't think HC06 has a PORC does it?

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:01 am

TheRareButter wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:

And for HC06 philosophy = scheme?

You mean PECI? I don't think HC06 has a PORC does it?

Yes in PECI if my memory serves me right

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:23 pm

I am considering making this adjustment because one of my favorite rating systems is the FBG rating and I agree with Dan (created FBG) that it does play better

In comparing the 08 default roster with a FBG rated roster.... The things that stood out to me were acc was slightly lower.... like 3 to 5 points and btk was increased by a bunch...... for all players with big adjustments for some positions like ol and dl

You are on to something here......

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:40 pm

Rixster67r wrote:I am considering making this adjustment because one of my favorite rating systems is the FBG rating and I agree with Dan (created FBG) that it does play better

In comparing the 08 default roster with a FBG rated roster.... The things that stood out to me were acc was slightly lower.... like 3 to 5 points and btk was increased by a bunch...... for all players with big adjustments for some positions like ol and dl

You are on to something here......

I made a quick clip comparing Madden 06's base roster gameplay vs Madden 06's 2022 RogerJinx 2022 roster with universal 45 acceleration. 06 was against a 4-3 but it's almost the same gameplay speed. For 08 the lineman would probably need less of a nerf than the skill positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDvMbJSfJw

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”