Superstar sliders

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
Dolphan
Pro Bowl

Superstar sliders

Postby Dolphan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:44 pm

I'm a sucker for Superstar mode. I play with the FF/FI, Calhoupe Scripts, and the ROJO 2020 mod and was wondering if there were any good sliders I could use.

I found a good set for CPU vs. CPU, but the kicking game is abysmal. I'm a FS with the Jets and, through 5 weeks of the season, we've yet to make a Field Goal. Sam Ficker is 0-8 and our punter, who's surprisingly better than Ficker, is 0-4.

Superstar sliders

Sponsor

Sponsor

achernar
Hall of Fame

Re: Superstar sliders

Postby achernar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:36 pm

I have a lot of fun playing with this

Code: Select all

Skill Level: All Madden
Quarter Length: 7 minute(s)

Slider                         Human   CPU
QB Accuracy                       50    50
Pass Blocking                     55    60
Receiver Catching                 60    65
Running Ability                   65    70
Offensive line Run Blocking       60    65
Defensive Awareness               50    50
Defensive line Knockdowns         50    50
Interceptions                     40    50
Defensive Break Blocks            50    50
Tackling                          45    50
Fieldgoal Length                  50    50
Fieldgoal Accuracy                50    50
Punt Length                       50    50
Punt Accuracy                     50    50
Kickoff Length                    50    50

is super basic, but it's work for me

Dolphan
Pro Bowl

Postby Dolphan » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:22 pm

I tried your slider out and came to the conclusion that All-Madden is the worst difficulty level in sports gaming.

Your sliders aren't the problem; it's the programming. The All-Madden A.I is so poorly programmed. In the preseason, Kirk Cousins threw 4 interceptions in one half (CPU vs. CPU), and this came after tweaking the interceptions slider down to '1' and globally editing the Catch rating for all DBs and LBs.

I want a realistic challenge, not a game that feels lost from the start.

IceyJFish
All-Pro

Postby IceyJFish » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:50 am

All Madden difficulty is :lol:

Dolphan
Pro Bowl

Postby Dolphan » Sat May 14, 2022 1:30 am

Bumping this thread, because I can't for the life of me come up with a good slider set for Superstar.

Interceptions are a serious issue in this game. I've lowered the DBs & LBs Catch by 20, dropped the INT sliders to 0, and there are still between 3-4 interceptions a game. It's a combination of the very bad A.I programming. QBs will throw into triple coverage, DBs with their back turned some how know where a ball is going and the Offensive-Line blocking intelligence is disgustingly bad.

Not to mention a separate issue: Special Teams, which I've managed to curb by increasing Awareness for Ks and Ps by 20.

The kicker is that the interception issue is only in Superstar. QBs in Franchise mode are actually competent, and you can get some good competitive games. But it's frustrating watching Joe Burrow throw four INTs a game on All-Pro. Do the gameplay sliders even work for Superstar?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon May 16, 2022 12:19 am

Dolphan wrote:Interceptions are a serious issue in this game. I've lowered the DBs & LBs Catch by 20, dropped the INT sliders to 0, and there are still between 3-4 interceptions a game. It's a combination of the very bad A.I programming. QBs will throw into triple coverage, DBs with their back turned some how know where a ball is going and the Offensive-Line blocking intelligence is disgustingly bad.

Have to give the AI some help, by way of penalty sliders. Too much DPI and KR Interference sliders result in that DB extreme awareness. OPI must be equal or higher than DPI or the pass defense is too good. For the Block AI, lower False Start, increase Clipping.

Franchise sliders SHOULD work on Superstar all right. Should.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Dolphan
Pro Bowl

Postby Dolphan » Sat May 21, 2022 2:47 am

jose21crisis wrote:
Dolphan wrote:Interceptions are a serious issue in this game. I've lowered the DBs & LBs Catch by 20, dropped the INT sliders to 0, and there are still between 3-4 interceptions a game. It's a combination of the very bad A.I programming. QBs will throw into triple coverage, DBs with their back turned some how know where a ball is going and the Offensive-Line blocking intelligence is disgustingly bad.

Have to give the AI some help, by way of penalty sliders. Too much DPI and KR Interference sliders result in that DB extreme awareness. OPI must be equal or higher than DPI or the pass defense is too good. For the Block AI, lower False Start, increase Clipping.

Franchise sliders SHOULD work on Superstar all right. Should.

I actually used some of your sliders that worked. If I can find them, I'll post them here.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”