I increased the Defense CPU sliders and I’m still dropping 50+ points

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Re: I increased the Defense CPU sliders and I’m still dropping 50+ points

Postby thegoldendragonx » Wed May 20, 2020 11:09 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
thegoldendragonx wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
What are the other defensive sliders (break blk, int and tkl) set to?

Int 1, Break Block 66, Tackle 30.

That explains the 50 ball you put up normally. The cpu can't tackle, no Int's just a ton of pass deflections and you rarely fumble!

Try this mix; CPU INT=13, CPU TKL=46. Reduce Brk Blk=45. CPU QB Acc=73. RB Abl=55, WR Catch=58! And if these are franchise games, go to the cpu team and do the weekly practice to scout the team you are controlling, then run a game to see the cpu make better decisions against you!

Reason why I made Break Block so high is because I want the CPU to make it hard for me to run. I'm running Dive plays for 3-6 yards consistently then Play Action which makes putting up points pretty easy.

Helps that the Bucs also have 2 90 Speed Receivers on the outside.
TheGoldenDragonX's 2021 Draft Class --> https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=22220

TheGoldenDragonX's 2023 Draft Class --> https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=23634

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:14 am

thegoldendragonx wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
thegoldendragonx wrote:
Int 1, Break Block 66, Tackle 30.

That explains the 50 ball you put up normally. The cpu can't tackle, no Int's just a ton of pass deflections and you rarely fumble!

Try this mix; CPU INT=13, CPU TKL=46. Reduce Brk Blk=45. CPU QB Acc=73. RB Abl=55, WR Catch=58! And if these are franchise games, go to the cpu team and do the weekly practice to scout the team you are controlling, then run a game to see the cpu make better decisions against you!

Reason why I made Break Block so high is because I want the CPU to make it hard for me to run. I'm running Dive plays for 3-6 yards consistently then Play Action which makes putting up points pretty easy.

Break Blk being so high does nothing if they don't make the tackle! They're in position but you truck or juke them! So how many fumbles does the cpu cause? How often does the cpu hit stick you?
Any how, you have a good strategy! I do run first, then play action passing over the top but not all game. Mostly, I pass to set-up run depending on how tough the defense is!

You have them in position, but they don't make the plays with TKL and INT so low!

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Thu May 21, 2020 11:29 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
thegoldendragonx wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Break Blk being so high does nothing if they don't make the tackle! They're in position but you truck or juke them! So how many fumbles does the cpu cause? How often does the cpu hit stick you?
Any how, you have a good strategy! I do run first, then play action passing over the top but not all game. Mostly, I pass to set-up run depending on how tough the defense is!

You have them in position, but they don't make the plays with TKL and INT so low!

Ok i'm on All Madden currently, should I test these sliders on All Pro?

And how do I make defenders stick to the receiver like glue on All Pro but at the same time, respect ratings? Like an 89 Speed CB shouldn't catch up to a 96 Speed receiver stride for stride
TheGoldenDragonX's 2021 Draft Class --> https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=22220

TheGoldenDragonX's 2023 Draft Class --> https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=23634

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:48 pm

thegoldendragonx wrote:

And how do I make defenders stick to the receiver like glue on All Pro but at the same time, respect ratings? Like an 89 Speed CB shouldn't catch up to a 96 Speed receiver stride for stride

The sliders are for all pro. I never set Def. Aw higher than 67 with the combinations I use. for cpu tkl, mine is set to 48 because 1) no player makes every tackle on first contact and 2) it respects each players tackle rating. If a guy has high tkl, he makes the play normally, but if tkl rating is lower, the rb has normal chance to break tackle!

The 89 speed cb shouldn't cover the speedy 96 wr, just ask Richard Sherman vs Tyrek Hill :oops: , you as the DC have to correct the match up or roll coverage!

Then you have CB roles like, ShutDown Corner, Contain CB or Quick CB, with tendencies of coverage or hard hitter. if the cb don't dislodge the ball or knock you out, he should go for the deflection or int!

I set the slower cb's to contain-corner and faster cb's to quick corner using nza 2.0. And I use Madden 20 X-Factor to match 08's roles and weapons!

If all else fails, turn on Calhoupe CPU Hit Stick :D

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Thu May 21, 2020 1:42 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
thegoldendragonx wrote:

The sliders are for all pro. I never set Def. Aw higher than 67 with the combinations I use. for cpu tkl, mine is set to 48 because 1) no player makes every tackle on first contact and 2) it respects each players tackle rating. If a guy has high tkl, he makes the play normally, but if tkl rating is lower, the rb has normal chance to break tackle!

The 89 speed cb shouldn't cover the speedy 96 wr, just ask Richard Sherman vs Tyrek Hill :oops: , you as the DC have to correct the match up or roll coverage!

Then you have CB roles like, ShutDown Corner, Contain CB or Quick CB, with tendencies of coverage or hard hitter. if the cb don't dislodge the ball or knock you out, he should go for the deflection or int!

I set the slower cb's to contain-corner and faster cb's to quick corner using nza 2.0. And I use Madden 20 X-Factor to match 08's roles and weapons!

If all else fails, turn on Calhoupe CPU Hit Stick :D

Thanks for your help. I hope it stops me from dropping 50 every game.

But what about the CPU ability to score points. every game my defense holds them to 17 points or less. Should I make CPU Break tackle like a 70. Or maybe make QB Accuracy 89 or something or WR Catching a 80?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:28 pm

Try these for cpu off:

QBA= 83
PB= 61 - Give qb some time to scan field
WRC= 78 - Top rated will make spectacular catch
RBA= 58 - RB will juke more. Also make starter RB Role = Feature Back using NZA!
RB=63 - Cpu should open a few holes.

Make sure cpu is using QB Vision!

I looked for that sweet spot of game balance to give cpu real chance to win and at the same time make me work for the win! I lose, I quit, I reset often, I scream at the t.v. I've broken 1 controller in madden 08! It's not the real game but I want it to act like it with the drama! It's like playing against a chess engine. You gotta play against the level that can beat you!

If these sliders are too soft, I suggest playing on all-madden and lower the sliders so cpu ain't always in God mode! Also try using different playbooks! ;)

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 am

MikeWest502 wrote:Try these for cpu off:

QBA= 83
PB= 61 - Give qb some time to scan field
WRC= 78 - Top rated will make spectacular catch
RBA= 58 - RB will juke more. Also make starter RB Role = Feature Back using NZA!
RB=63 - Cpu should open a few holes.

Make sure cpu is using QB Vision!

I looked for that sweet spot of game balance to give cpu real chance to win and at the same time make me work for the win! I lose, I quit, I reset often, I scream at the t.v. I've broken 1 controller in madden 08! It's not the real game but I want it to act like it with the drama! It's like playing against a chess engine. You gotta play against the level that can beat you!

If these sliders are too soft, I suggest playing on all-madden and lower the sliders so cpu ain't always in God mode! Also try using different playbooks! ;)

Even if I use different playbooks I still end up looking for the same plays. RB Option, FB Flat, WR out post, TE Post, wheel routes, dive plays, counter plays, PA Streaks and audible the RB or TE to out routes. And I always run dive plays and Play Action when I see them showing blitz.

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Fri May 22, 2020 8:17 am

Doesn’t matter how much I put in QB accuracy, I still always OLB blitz off the edge out of the 3-4.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:21 am

Its not just the defensive stats you will have to increase ..the CPU offensive stats need to increased also..That is why you are blowing teams out. How many 3 and outs are you forcing? Just like in a real game, if you go on top of the opponent, you make them one sided.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:39 am

thegoldendragonx wrote:Doesn’t matter how much I put in QB accuracy, I still always OLB blitz off the edge out of the 3-4.

Counter that by increasing cpu pass block to a level that they play smarter.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”