Realistic Injuries

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
Shelby
Veteran

Realistic Injuries

Postby Shelby » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:08 pm

I am trying to get more realistic injury results. I have both of my Injury Frequency set at 102. I tend to get realistic injury totals at QB, WR, CB and both safety position, but the season I just wrapped up had maybe one DL and three OL injured. Does anyone know any fixes for this?

Realistic Injuries

Sponsor

Sponsor

KO'BBF
MVP

Re: Realistic Injuries

Postby KO'BBF » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:49 pm

I actually have my slider all the way to 115. I feel i get realistic injuries, as one or sometimes two players go down per drive. But its not long term injuries, just in game. Maybe only a few plays. I only get about 3 to 5 long term injuries per week across all 32 teams. But i get a lot more in game injuries with this setting, which i feel is more realistic.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Ive noticed the ol is less frequent, but i think the dl is just as frequent as lbs or dbs. I wonder if it has to do with player attributes, injury and toughness?
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:12 pm

KO'BBF wrote:Ive noticed the ol is less frequent, but i think the dl is just as frequent as lbs or dbs. I wonder if it has to do with player attributes, injury and toughness?

I'm pretty sure injury affects the likehood of an injury happening, and it is scaled with the Injury Slider. Toughness affects how long an injury lasts. So a low Injury, high Toughness player will spend a fair amount of time on the sideline because of the sheer amount of injuries he would suffer, but most likely they wouldn't be long term. A high injury, low toughness guy would not get injured a lot, but when he is, he would be out for a long time.

henshao
Pro Bowl

Postby henshao » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:19 pm

I go 111 game and 95 sim, so that AI teams don't lose 5 of their best players for the whole season in the first game of preseason, but also so that I end up with guys getting hurt at a decent clip in the actual game.

There are a few things to consider in regards to injuries. One is the quality of the training staff that the stadium is using. This is something you choose in the offseason for your team. The other is that players tend to get hurt from certain animations. Tackles, getting pancaked, etc. Could be why OL never seem to get hurt, they have good durability ratings and rarely get into "get hurt" animations.

Shelby
Veteran

Postby Shelby » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:39 pm

Thanks for the info. I use Madden08 pc version PC vs. PC and this is my 12th custom season so I'm not a complete newbie. Over those 12 seasons have raised all QB's Injury & Toughness as a whole trying to lessen the amount of QBs who were dropping like flies, that worked. That also worked for CBs and Safties, but nothing I do gives me realistic injuries for DL & OL. One player in particular who is a top 5 LT but extremely prone, started & played all 16 games. His Injury is 10 and Toughness is 15. I finally this year switched from the original version to Mod XVI hoping that might affect my results, that didn't work either. All suggestions appreciated and welcomed.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”